“First trip to NY” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Fairfield Inn New York Long Island City/Manhattan View

You added Fairfield Inn New York Long Island City/Manhattan View to your Saves list
Fairfield Inn New York Long Island City/Manhattan View
Ranked #10 of 25 Hotels in Long Island City
White Plains
“First trip to NY”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

We enjoyed two nights in this hotel. The price and proximity to the train were what drew us here. We enjoyed a breakfast each morning and had no problems with staff. The van service picked us up and dropped us off in a timely manner. Our daughter liked the soft towels and son enjoyed the WIFI during our stay.

Stayed July 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Bangalore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

The hotel has lot of positives ie..

1. Arrange a good schuttle service all over the long island place. So we can ask for pick up and drop.
2.Neat, Clean and Quite.
3.Good hospitality throughout.

They can improve on the breakfast served. It is same all the days which makes it boring..I think it is Marriott style..anyways our stay was very good.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

The hotel is reasonably priced for the NYC area. The free breakfast ran from 6:30-10:30 and was constantly being refreshed so food was plentiful. Starbucks coffee, scrambled eggs, waffles, 2 different kids of sausage, yogurt, cereal, breads, etc. Plenty of seating inside and outside on a deck overlooking a movie studio. My daughters enjoyed the free in room wifi and sitting area off hotel lobby. Staff was friendly. We especially appreciated the free shuttle to and from the subway. It ran early in the morning (not sure of the hour) and last trip was 10:45 in the evening. We didn't have to wait more than 10 minutes. One night, we did have to walk since it was too late for the shuttle. I was traveling with my 2 daughters and didn't feel like we needed to call for a taxi. The walk back to the hotel was well lit and there was lots of traffic on the street. It took about 15 minutes. Rooms were very clean. I will recommend this hotel to friends traveling to NYC.

Room Tip: Our room was on the 10th floor (of 12 floors). The height kept the potential noise on the streets ou...
Rancho Cucamonga, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

Hotel staff were extremely friendly and accommodating. There is an outdoor patio with furniture to sit on and is quite spacious. The furniture and cushions are a bit run down outside. Elevators were slow and on Sunday morning, when everyone was checking out, the only two elevators were broken down. Guests had to use the stairs which was a problem for older people and people who were on the upper floors. Continental breakfast was included in the price. Coffee, toast, fruit and oatmeal were all good. Eggs were powdered and not appetizing. Rooms were a bit small but were satisfactory. The room décor could also be updated.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Anil M, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn New York Long Island City/Manhattan View, responded to this review, July 26, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for your feedback. We truly appreciate it. I will extend my gratitude to the staff for ensuring that they provided you with friendliness. I apologize for the inconvenience of the elevators. We are having maintenance done to our elevators. It was a pleasure having you and I hope to see you again in the future.

Best Regards
Anil Masih
Front Office Supervisor
Stoney Creek, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

This is our 2nd stay at this Fairfield Inn. Some things remained the same: their level of customer service did not waver. We arrived 2 hours early and they already had a room ready for us! They are always offering service with a smile, and their free breakfast is always a nice bonus. The shuttle service is a great service, although it’s only a 15 minute walk from 33 St subway Station (p.s. I did this walk close to midnight and felt absolutely safe).

However, what changed for me was the noise level. My first room faced Manhattan, and this one faced Van Dam Street. It was a huge difference and I found it to be terribly noisy. It was really only traffic noise, and not the hotel's fault, but compared to what I experienced the first time it was a big difference.

All in all, there's no question as to where I’ll be staying the next time I come to NYC. I’ll just be sure to ask for a room that faces the back and not the front.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Brooklyn, New York, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

For the most part, this hotel is solid. Nice, clean room, relatively quiet. I sometimes feel like they don't hire the best people. When I have the manager at he front, Anil, I have no issues. Sometimes the two sour faced girls are at the front. They are just unhappy with life and wouldn't understand customer service if it jumped up and bit them. I can usually avoid them, which makes the place 4 stars, easy.

Room Tip: Ask for a room high up on the opposite side of the main road. it is quieter and you will have a nice...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Tustin, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

If you are willing to put up with some quirkiness to save money, this hotel is for you. I stumbled onto it by accident, thinking I had booked the OTHER Fairfield Inn in Long Island City. It turns out this hotel is in the middle of an industrial area, a stone's throw from the Queens-Midtown Tunnel. The nearest subway station is the 7 train, about a 15 minute walk. The hotel runs a shuttle (very 30 minutes om morning to about 11 pm) to the subway station.. And thank goodness for that, since tourists walking through an industrial area at night would be a liability. I wish the shuttle went to the Queens Blvd line, since it is so much faster than the 7 train, but if you want that, you can just walk from the subway station where it drops you.

They advertise parking, but it is VERY limited. Upon arriving at the hotel, we found cars parked all over the sidewalk outside the hotel! So basically, limited parking and not "close" to the subway. Ugh. We found parking on a nearby street, but even I have to admit I mentally prepared ourselves for the car being gone in the morning. And I used to live in New York!

The room was clean and comfortable, the free hot breakfast was great, and the hotel had a nice lobby and business center. The staff was very cordial and friendly, and amazingly helpful. I loved the staff.

There is basically nothing around the hotel... A deli/restaurant, a film studio, produce wholesale distributor, car service garages, and the mothership of all those sidewalk vendors carts.

Lastly, a note about marketing. Unless you are on the upper half of the building, the "Manhattan View" claim is false. Our room was on the 4th floor and we stared at a large hulk of a self storage building and if I leaned, I could see the top of the Empire State Building. However, there is theoretically a roof terrace. Except the one at the hotel was barricaded with alarmed doors and "Do Not Enter" signs. The elevator goes to the roof... Want to know what they are using the roof terrace for? STORAGE. Yes, storage... Not quite the best use of a spectacular million dollar panoramic view of the NYC skyline!!!! Seriously.

The more understanding guests who have time and inconvenience as a luxury will find this location acceptable. If you are pressed for time and need easy access to the City, book the other Fairfield Inn in Long Island City, which is a block away from the subway into Manhattan.

Room Tip: Try to get an upper floor, facing west.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Anil M, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn New York Long Island City/Manhattan View, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to complete our Guest Satisfaction Survey and sharing your experience with the Fairfield Inn New York Long Island City/Manhattan View.

You indicated in your response that parking was unsatisfactory . Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you may have experienced. We take great pride in ensuring our guest’s satisfaction. Unfortunately, we did not meet your expectations. Our goal is to address your concerns so that we can ensure you have an exceptional experience on your next visit.

ANIL MASIH
Front Office Supervisor

Been to Fairfield Inn New York Long Island City/Manhattan View? Share your experiences!