You added Fairfield Inn New York Long Island City/Manhattan View to your Saves list
Fairfield Inn New York Long Island City/Manhattan View
Ranked #10 of 25 Hotels in Long Island City
Brooklyn, New York, United States
“Clean...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

For the most part, this hotel is solid. Nice, clean room, relatively quiet. I sometimes feel like they don't hire the best people. When I have the manager at he front, Anil, I have no issues. Sometimes the two sour faced girls are at the front. They are just unhappy with life and wouldn't understand customer service if it jumped up and bit them. I can usually avoid them, which makes the place 4 stars, easy.

Room Tip: Ask for a room high up on the opposite side of the main road. it is quieter and you will have a nice...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Tustin, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

If you are willing to put up with some quirkiness to save money, this hotel is for you. I stumbled onto it by accident, thinking I had booked the OTHER Fairfield Inn in Long Island City. It turns out this hotel is in the middle of an industrial area, a stone's throw from the Queens-Midtown Tunnel. The nearest subway station is the 7 train, about a 15 minute walk. The hotel runs a shuttle (very 30 minutes om morning to about 11 pm) to the subway station.. And thank goodness for that, since tourists walking through an industrial area at night would be a liability. I wish the shuttle went to the Queens Blvd line, since it is so much faster than the 7 train, but if you want that, you can just walk from the subway station where it drops you.

They advertise parking, but it is VERY limited. Upon arriving at the hotel, we found cars parked all over the sidewalk outside the hotel! So basically, limited parking and not "close" to the subway. Ugh. We found parking on a nearby street, but even I have to admit I mentally prepared ourselves for the car being gone in the morning. And I used to live in New York!

The room was clean and comfortable, the free hot breakfast was great, and the hotel had a nice lobby and business center. The staff was very cordial and friendly, and amazingly helpful. I loved the staff.

There is basically nothing around the hotel... A deli/restaurant, a film studio, produce wholesale distributor, car service garages, and the mothership of all those sidewalk vendors carts.

Lastly, a note about marketing. Unless you are on the upper half of the building, the "Manhattan View" claim is false. Our room was on the 4th floor and we stared at a large hulk of a self storage building and if I leaned, I could see the top of the Empire State Building. However, there is theoretically a roof terrace. Except the one at the hotel was barricaded with alarmed doors and "Do Not Enter" signs. The elevator goes to the roof... Want to know what they are using the roof terrace for? STORAGE. Yes, storage... Not quite the best use of a spectacular million dollar panoramic view of the NYC skyline!!!! Seriously.

The more understanding guests who have time and inconvenience as a luxury will find this location acceptable. If you are pressed for time and need easy access to the City, book the other Fairfield Inn in Long Island City, which is a block away from the subway into Manhattan.

Room Tip: Try to get an upper floor, facing west.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Anil M, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn New York Long Island City/Manhattan View, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to complete our Guest Satisfaction Survey and sharing your experience with the Fairfield Inn New York Long Island City/Manhattan View.

You indicated in your response that parking was unsatisfactory . Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you may have experienced. We take great pride in ensuring our guest’s satisfaction. Unfortunately, we did not meet your expectations. Our goal is to address your concerns so that we can ensure you have an exceptional experience on your next visit.

ANIL MASIH
Front Office Supervisor
Miami
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

Clean, well maintained, awesome service & excellent view! I stayed in this hotel 4 nights & best investment I ever made. From the front desk agents to the shuttle service to the rooms it was amazing. the rooms were super clean the bed were very comfortable & the view of manhattan from my room was pretty awesome. Thanks to Anil I think that was his name lol I was able to have a good view & a good room! He was so friendly & soo nice well everyone in the front desk was nice.. The shuttle was good also it runs until 10:45 but it picks u up when ever u need them to. The breakfast it was okay not bad but not awesome the best part of it it's the waffles :) overall I had a good stay & I will definitely come back!

• Stayed July 2014
Chelmsford, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

Clean, well maintained if somewhat small room. Had well functioning air conditioning, which was most appreciated given 90 degree weather. Breakfast area bright and selection reasonable (fruit, yogurt, etc). Staff very cordial. Shuttle driver was particularly accommodating to find us a train stop that had a elevator, Biggest shortcoming was parking. Don't have enough spots for all guests and we had to park across the street from the Inn one night. Also, free wifi was fine for reading email and goggling but had to pay a fee for wifi service for downloading music. Still, would stay here again.

Gilbert, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

The location is about a 1 mile walk from the nearest metro station and you don't walk through a very nice part of town. So, location is not why you stay here. The view is nice if you get a city view. Otherwise, you get a nice view of an industrial part of town...Note, they do have a shuttle, but the shuttle only runs until 10:45 pm or so. If you see a Broadway show, you are either getting a taxi to the hotel or taking the metro and hoofing it to the hotel. Not a bad walk, but just not an ideal location for a walk. I felt safe, but didn't really enjoy the area.

2 out of 3 times, the hotel was great and we had no issues. However, on the 3rd time, they decided that they would cancel my room as I hadn't shown up by midnight even though I had called them and told them I was still coming with my 2 kids. They rebooked me at another (lower class) hotel. When I got there, the room was only large enough for 1 person. I was absolutely shocked at their lack of attention to details. It took me until 3:30 am to get another reservation. They did, however, end of taking pretty good care of me. But, I will hesitate to book again or I will make sure that I check in online well before arriving at the hotel. As a Gold Member, I was extremely disappointed. There was a Platinum that showed up that night as well and he was really upset that his room was also cancelled...first time I have ever seen this for preferred members. He was upset, but they had reserved a room large enough for him and his wife...Unfortunately, they missed the details on my room.

The Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Queens/Queensboro Bridge is much closer to the metro station and they were in a nicer neighborhood. If you had to choose between the two, I would go with the Queens hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room viewing the Manhattan skyline. You can go up on the roof and view the city as well...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Brantford, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

Super clean hotel and I'm picky. Free parking and hot,cold buffet included. Nice modern look to it. Safe in the room. Staff super friendly. Free shuttle that runs from 6:45am-10:45pm. Every half hr to the subway or to restraunts that they recommend. Try arriba arriba Mexican restraunt yummy. We loved it and went twice. Kids loved it too. Its 4 mins to the subway and 11 mins to time square. Close to everything. No fridge in room or a pool. But for 125.00 a night it's a steal in NY Would go back for sure. The beds are comfy.

Room Tip: The higher your room the better view of Manhattan. Make sure you request the right side.
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

We stayed here in November 2013 and I kept forgetting to write a review. I had contacted the hotel beforehand about booking a room with a view as we could not figure out how to do so on their website. I dealt with Anil and he was such a great help and very pleasant to deal with. He assured me that we would receive a room with a view of the skyline, which we did. The hotel has a free shuttle to the subway station, however it was frequently full, so I'd recommend getting there a bit earlier than the time scheduled. It is walkable, about 20 minutes, though not the best area - we never felt unsafe though. It is a very quick subway ride into downtown. Hotel offers a good free breakfast, including eggs and Belgian waffles on weekdays and less selection it seemed on weekends. It gets busy down there on weekends! It also offers free Starbucks coffee and tea in the lobby 24 hrs a day which was nice. The only complaint would be lack of parking spaces. We arrived on a Thursday and lucked out getting a spot and didn't move our car for the weekend as there is a very limited number of spots and you don't need to drive into the city at all. Rooms were very clean and quiet with a huge comfortable king size bed. We would definitely stay here again and would recommend it to those wanting to stay in a less expensive hotel just outside Manhattan.

Stayed November 2013

Been to Fairfield Inn New York Long Island City/Manhattan View? Share your experiences!