“A nice plesant surprise - A little gem” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Fairfield Inn New York Long Island City/Manhattan View

Save Saved
You added Fairfield Inn New York Long Island City/Manhattan View to your Saves list
Fairfield Inn New York Long Island City/Manhattan View
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   52-34 Van Dam Street, Long Island City, NY 11101   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #9 of 24 Hotels in Long Island City
UK
“A nice plesant surprise - A little gem”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014

Spent four nights here from 8 May 2014. When I pulled up and saw the area I thought "Oh no". however once inside and checked in, realised the place was spot on. Decent views of Manhattan if your on the right side, the local is fine. Freebie shuttle every 30 mins to the Metro on 33rd for a direct tube into Times Square and Grand Central. Free breakfast and of course the price is brilliant compared to what it would be just across the river.

Yeap well worth a stay..

Room Tip: Rooms that are not looking at Manhattan tend to be nosier and can be quite loud with the trucks revv...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
West Jefferson, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014

Stayed 1 night to watch the Yankees play. Staff was very nice and helpful. Took us to subway n picked us up. Free parking is a big plus. We checked out Saturday morning and they let us leave our car there all day. Great view of the city skyline.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

For those transplanted New Yorkers that refuse to fall into the NYC tourist trap, this hotel is truly a hidden jewel. Overlooking Manhattan on the Queens side, this hotel is about 50% of the cost if it would have been on the Manhattan side. The accommodations are spacious, clean, modern with a truly amazing staff that goes out of their way to make your stay memorable. The front desk will give you just about anything you ask for including earbuds !! What most impressed me about this hotel besides the fact that you are literally 5 Subway stops away from Times Square is that this facility has a van that takes you to and fro the Subway, every 15 minutes or so. This service is available like from 7 AM till 10 or 11 PM. So if you are on your way back from the city, you just call 10 minutes ahead of time and the Hotels van will be there waiting for you as you get off the train. Truly a worthwhile place; very family friendly and extremely price competitive, including free wi-fi and a FULL breakfast buffet.

Room Tip: There are rooms with a view of Manhattan but really every room is newly remodeled and very comfortab...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Germantown, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

My husband is a Platinum Elite Marriott Member so we always stay at Marriott properties when traveling. We had a free night's stay in the New York area last week and couldn't use our certificate in Manhattan so we stayed at the Fairfield Inn Long Island City for one night and then moved to another Marriott property in midtown for the rest of our stay. The hotel is a short ride from LaGuardia airport. The location is in an isolated area of Long Island City near the highway but not noisy at all. The staff was friendly, helpful and accommodating. The room was fairly small but not horribly tight. The bathroom was a very decent size for a Fairfield with a nice size vanity/sink area similar to the size in a New York Courtyard property. Our king bed and pillows were comfortable and the room was clean and tidy. The breakfast had a huge variety of breads, bagels, muffins, cereals and a few hot items. There was plenty for all the guests and items were replenished as necessary. The hotel shuttle takes you to the subway which is quite a distance. The shuttle stops at 10:45pm which is not convenient for us since we are big theater people and don't return to our hotel until after midnight. A cab ride is $25.00 from midtown Manhattan at that time. The hotel is fine - we just wish it were more conveniently located near a subway.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014

I recently stayed at the Fairfield Inn in Long Island City NY and let me tell you they have a phenomenal team there starting from the front desk to the bar and even housekeeping...There were two people there that I interacted with alot during my stay and they definitely made sure my stay was as pleasant as it could be and those two individuals were Jasmine and Lysette.I do come to NY frequently and I will be staying at your hotel again just for those 2 associates you have as well as the rest of the staff whom were very friendly...Kudos to the GM these people deserve a round of applause!

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

I stayed at the hotel for 4 nights and it was a very good choice. The rooms were quite big, clean and beds very comfortable. Staff on reception were polite and helpful also shuttle drivers. We had a top floor room with a nice manhattan view :). Also breakfast were fine and enough for choice. The shuttle bus takes you to and from subway till 11pm ( subway to manhattan takes about 15-20mins ) I definitely recommend this hotel, it's a good value, great service and nice hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for top floor room, they have a nice views and less noise from outside.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

Myself, my wife and two children enjoyed our 8 days at he FILICNY. We experienced all of the great service and amenities commented on previously here @ TA. Clean rooms are my #1 priority and the rooms here met my picky standards. Service was great as our room was cleaned every day including sheets, pillow cases, towels soap, shampoo conditioner all changed daily. I left the room neat so they were able to vacuum, dust empty garbage. All of these things were done daily so we returned to a clean, neat, and sanitary room every night. Im not suggesting it but we left our inexpensive laptop In the room during the day and it was untouched. The location was unimportant to us as we got on the very convenient shuttle to the 33rd & Rawson metro stop into Manhattan everyday. Tipping the drivers isn't required but when I had the cash I dropped $2 on the them. When ever I called at night, usually around 9.30 or 10 they were there to pick us up within 15 minutes. The breakfast in the morning was complete with a lot of options. My only issue is I don't care for sausage links or the sausage turkey patties they have. Maybe put out some corned beef hash or bacon once in a while would be nice. The best part of the breakfast is the waffles. They have a waffle griddle out weekdays and not weekends. The ****STAR**** of my stay was Mara who worked in the kitchen in the morning. On the Monday of my stay the waffle griddle was on the fritz as the lower griddle was not working properly, she had one on order but it was not there yet. So Mara rather than pull the griddle out of order had a painstaking process she used to get a decent waffle off the griddle without it falling apart. Every waffle she had to thoroughly clean the plates, spray the plate lightly with non stick pour the batter on the plate and start cooking the waffle. For the 2.5 minutes the waffle as cooking she would go back into the kitchen and continue with stocking fresh fruit, scrambled eggs, sausage etc. When the waffle was done she would go back and remove the sticky waffle from the plate in one piece and start the whole process over again. She could have easily put an out of order sign or pulled the griddle off the floor but she took the initiative and I was delighted to have my waffle that morning. The next day the new griddle had arrived and the griddle was up and working perfectly for the rest of our stay. I have to say that this type of attitude to is prevalent throughout this hotel and it is refreshing to find this commitment to service. I had a room with two queen sized beds that were soft comfortable and clean. The bathroom was spacious but the room itself was a little small which was not a problem for us as all we did was shower and sleep there. I also thought the desk and chair set up was a little tight but manageable if that's important to you. Overall it was a great stay, clean and comfortable with a great breakfast to get you going in the morning. For weekends I paid $137 and weekdays $93 per night. These savings allowed us to take in a 2nd broadway show and splurge on meals we may not have on a family budget vacation. Thank You everyone at the FILICNY for making our stay in NY pleasant and comfortable.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Been to Fairfield Inn New York Long Island City/Manhattan View? Share your experiences!