“One Night Stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Fairfield Inn New York Long Island City/Manhattan View

You added Fairfield Inn New York Long Island City/Manhattan View to your Saves list
Fairfield Inn New York Long Island City/Manhattan View
Ranked #10 of 25 Hotels in Long Island City
Germantown, Tennessee
“One Night Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

My husband is a Platinum Elite Marriott Member so we always stay at Marriott properties when traveling. We had a free night's stay in the New York area last week and couldn't use our certificate in Manhattan so we stayed at the Fairfield Inn Long Island City for one night and then moved to another Marriott property in midtown for the rest of our stay. The hotel is a short ride from LaGuardia airport. The location is in an isolated area of Long Island City near the highway but not noisy at all. The staff was friendly, helpful and accommodating. The room was fairly small but not horribly tight. The bathroom was a very decent size for a Fairfield with a nice size vanity/sink area similar to the size in a New York Courtyard property. Our king bed and pillows were comfortable and the room was clean and tidy. The breakfast had a huge variety of breads, bagels, muffins, cereals and a few hot items. There was plenty for all the guests and items were replenished as necessary. The hotel shuttle takes you to the subway which is quite a distance. The shuttle stops at 10:45pm which is not convenient for us since we are big theater people and don't return to our hotel until after midnight. A cab ride is $25.00 from midtown Manhattan at that time. The hotel is fine - we just wish it were more conveniently located near a subway.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014

I recently stayed at the Fairfield Inn in Long Island City NY and let me tell you they have a phenomenal team there starting from the front desk to the bar and even housekeeping...There were two people there that I interacted with alot during my stay and they definitely made sure my stay was as pleasant as it could be and those two individuals were Jasmine and Lysette.I do come to NY frequently and I will be staying at your hotel again just for those 2 associates you have as well as the rest of the staff whom were very friendly...Kudos to the GM these people deserve a round of applause!

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

I stayed at the hotel for 4 nights and it was a very good choice. The rooms were quite big, clean and beds very comfortable. Staff on reception were polite and helpful also shuttle drivers. We had a top floor room with a nice manhattan view :). Also breakfast were fine and enough for choice. The shuttle bus takes you to and from subway till 11pm ( subway to manhattan takes about 15-20mins ) I definitely recommend this hotel, it's a good value, great service and nice hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for top floor room, they have a nice views and less noise from outside.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

Myself, my wife and two children enjoyed our 8 days at he FILICNY. We experienced all of the great service and amenities commented on previously here @ TA. Clean rooms are my #1 priority and the rooms here met my picky standards. Service was great as our room was cleaned every day including sheets, pillow cases, towels soap, shampoo conditioner all changed daily. I left the room neat so they were able to vacuum, dust empty garbage. All of these things were done daily so we returned to a clean, neat, and sanitary room every night. Im not suggesting it but we left our inexpensive laptop In the room during the day and it was untouched. The location was unimportant to us as we got on the very convenient shuttle to the 33rd & Rawson metro stop into Manhattan everyday. Tipping the drivers isn't required but when I had the cash I dropped $2 on the them. When ever I called at night, usually around 9.30 or 10 they were there to pick us up within 15 minutes. The breakfast in the morning was complete with a lot of options. My only issue is I don't care for sausage links or the sausage turkey patties they have. Maybe put out some corned beef hash or bacon once in a while would be nice. The best part of the breakfast is the waffles. They have a waffle griddle out weekdays and not weekends. The ****STAR**** of my stay was Mara who worked in the kitchen in the morning. On the Monday of my stay the waffle griddle was on the fritz as the lower griddle was not working properly, she had one on order but it was not there yet. So Mara rather than pull the griddle out of order had a painstaking process she used to get a decent waffle off the griddle without it falling apart. Every waffle she had to thoroughly clean the plates, spray the plate lightly with non stick pour the batter on the plate and start cooking the waffle. For the 2.5 minutes the waffle as cooking she would go back into the kitchen and continue with stocking fresh fruit, scrambled eggs, sausage etc. When the waffle was done she would go back and remove the sticky waffle from the plate in one piece and start the whole process over again. She could have easily put an out of order sign or pulled the griddle off the floor but she took the initiative and I was delighted to have my waffle that morning. The next day the new griddle had arrived and the griddle was up and working perfectly for the rest of our stay. I have to say that this type of attitude to is prevalent throughout this hotel and it is refreshing to find this commitment to service. I had a room with two queen sized beds that were soft comfortable and clean. The bathroom was spacious but the room itself was a little small which was not a problem for us as all we did was shower and sleep there. I also thought the desk and chair set up was a little tight but manageable if that's important to you. Overall it was a great stay, clean and comfortable with a great breakfast to get you going in the morning. For weekends I paid $137 and weekdays $93 per night. These savings allowed us to take in a 2nd broadway show and splurge on meals we may not have on a family budget vacation. Thank You everyone at the FILICNY for making our stay in NY pleasant and comfortable.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2014

My first and final reaction to this hotel..avoid!!
Went to NY for a business trip. Stayed at Fairfield for 3 nights
The location: shady, creepy, a little far from metro/subway
(Though they provide shuttle service every 30 mins)

The hotel itself is not so great...wont believe it..when I opened the wardrobe, the entire door was in my hands !!
Service was just about OK..
The plus point: was affordable
Great view of Manhattan skyline

Still disappointed with the stay

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Anastasia B, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn New York Long Island City/Manhattan View, responded to this review, April 3, 2014
Thank you for your feedback. While the hotel is in an area that is more industrial than residential we are not shady. The hotel is across the street from a filming studio and theres a college a few blocks away. There are also many restaurants along Queens Blvd.
New Orleans, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

This is a very clean hotel with a no frills breakfast. A great, inexpensive alternative if you are doing a quick trip to NY. Busy in the morning but a quiet and easy stay. Bathrooms are great. Room is not very fancy but sheets are great and mattress was firm. Would stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for an upper floor.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Anastasia B, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn New York Long Island City/Manhattan View, responded to this review, March 26, 2014
Thank you for your feedback. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay.
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

I am still staying at this hotel and am thoroughly impressed by it. While the location is a bit out of the way (:about 15-20 min walk to the nearest metro but the hotel has a decent shuttle service from 0700-2230 hrs:) I think this hotel offers excellent value for NYC standards: I have stayed here on deals that are dirt cheap by NYC standards.The decor and furnishing in public areas and rooms are very pleasant for what is a "budget" hotel by NYC or Marriott standards. It helps that the hotel is relatively new so it has a neat look and feel throughout. Facilities are good: large elevators in good condition; cafeteria (:where the complimentary breakfast is served:); a very small lobby with just one couch but it's still nice; good lighting (:goes well with the rest of the interiors:); fitness center; rooms are spacious enough with desk,2 phones, wardrobe + iron/board + hangers, working air-conditioning, coffee making facilities, ice box, comfortable large bed, modern bath with tub and shower + toiletries with enough bath linens, TV, nice bedside lamps (:I like the shades :)etc.; business center with print/scan/copy and computer facility (:very useful:);

Staff are friendly and helpful. To help guests the hotel operates a shuttle for metro drop-off (: on the hour and half-hour from 0700-2230 HRS :) and pick-up (: on request i.e. call 5 minutes before you get to the station :) to the 33rd street metro station where you can take the 7 train into Manhattan. You can also walk 15-20 min (0.7 Miles) to the 33rd Street station or walk 20-30 min to the Queens Plaza station (E,M,R trains). Note the shuttle is only for 33rd street station. I think the shuttle is very useful even though some guests find it a bit cumbersome: it's more fun than walking especially when it's cold.

Breakfast is fine: cereals, fruit, couple of juices (orange, cranberry), Starbucks coffee, muffins, bagels, waffles on some days, eggs (scrambled, hard boiled), pork sausage links, turkey sausage patties, bread, milk etc. Should be fine for most people really. Reasonably good in terms of taste - I am happy with it.

The location could be more exciting for most people (it's very plain and boring, quiet by NYC standards, sorta lonely with very few amenities nearby) but it's still very close to Manhattan and there are a few places nearby where you can get stuff to eat. There's also the Bantry Bay Irish pub (good beer selection, great sandwiches) which is about 5 min. away on foot. Still okay in my books.

While you may not always get the price I get, you should look out for deals from this hotel which can be, depending on availability, < $100 a night (incl. tax, breakfast, wi-fi). Really good value for money in NYC and highly recommended. I am very happy to see hotels with good standards offering very competitive rates in NYC where people can rent out their bedrooms for $50+ a night (and that's in the cheaper localities usually) but minus the daily cleaning and breakfast, shuttle service and other facilities etc.

Highly recommended.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Thank you for your feecdback. I am pleased to hear that you are so happy with the hotel. It's a pleasure having you stay with us.

Been to Fairfield Inn New York Long Island City/Manhattan View? Share your experiences!