“Best Price for best location and best view” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Fairfield Inn New York Long Island City/Manhattan View

You added Fairfield Inn New York Long Island City/Manhattan View to your Saves list
Fairfield Inn New York Long Island City/Manhattan View
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #11 of 26 Hotels in Long Island City
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Los Angeles, California
“Best Price for best location and best view”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for three nights with my wife, three things I would like to recommend this hotel: (1) Location: hotel provide shuttle to subway station (only 3mins), then take 15 mins subway to arrive Times square. I back to hotel at 1:30am at one night, no shuttle from station , taxi only costs $7.00 from subway station to hotel. (2) View: make request and they put us in a high level with Manhattan view. (3) The Breakfast is great, always clean the table and refill hot food. not mention the 24 hrs ready starbucks coffee and TAZO tea. (4) PARKING: provide free parking, though with limited space, but you can easily to find one in morning around 10am because people will check out. This is a great great hotel with this price. I will stay here next time I visit NYC.

Room Tip: Make request on a higher level with Manhattan view
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
  • Turkish first
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

Breakfast was good, room was clean, free shuttle to the subway station was great :)
The shampoo & conditioner in the shower was there and it was Pantene Pro V.
Room is a bit small though...

Recommended.

Room Tip: All sides are great but there is a bit of noise...
shrewsbury pa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

On august 16th I went to long island city to attend my nephews wedding at the Watersedge in long island city. Most of the other guest's stayed at hotels a little closer to the venue but I am so happy I stayed faithful to the marriott brand . when we arrived we were running late due to the drive taking longer than expected . The front desk staff called a car service for us while we were getting ready , which was a big time saver !!! When we got to the room it was very clean , the view did have the new york skyline in the distance . The beds were marriott standard in comfort and cleanliness. I actually stayed in a fairfield in florida november 2012 and the bed was very uncomfortable but this fairfields bed was great !! The lobby was clean , decorated nicely and very welcoming.
The ceremony was being held on a pier in a state park , the driver got us there in less than 10 mintes !! I must say the ceremony was beautiful and what an amazing backdrop for a wedding ceremony !! After the wedding reception at the wateredge we needed an extra room for my 82 year old aunt and my cousin who decided not to drive back to south Jersey . I called the hotel and they were very pleasant about the situation and even gave a great dscount since it was so late at night, 1:am by the time the car service returned us to the hotel. The front desk worker I believe was named cassio{?} went above and beyond for my aunt and cousin.....thank you to all who worked that evening for their help !!
In the morning the breakfast was good with a nice selection, there was plenty of seating for the morning breakfast crowd. My family sat out on the pato which had nice comfortable seating . the truck noise at times was a little much but its long island city so its to expected .
Also a very big thank you for the welcome bag from the hotel management , it was a pleasant surprise and first time any marriott ever gave us a welcome goodie bag.!!

Room Tip: great location for those needing a place to stay if they are going to a wedding at the watersedge re...
Sagamore Beach, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

It was a very last minute trip to NYC for us. We managed to get a very good deal for the hotel on one of the hotel booking sites for two rooms. We drove down from the north, took I-95 and then cross over on Throggs Neck Bridge. The drive was quite smooth and easy. We picked the hotel cos we refused to drive into Manhattan which we had done before and it was a complete nightmare. We arrived early way before check in time but the counter staff (Ms Jessica) was extremely helpful in getting us checked in early and managed to find two adjacent rooms for us. We were also very lucky to secure an underground parking lot in the very tiny garage (so check in early if you want a lot!). The rooms were relatively small but updated and clean. The breakfast which was included in the room price was really good. The hotel provides shuttle services to nearby eateries as well as the #7 subway station at 33 St until 10.45pm. It's only 5 stops to Grand Central Station and 7 stops to Times Sq. It's very convenient and fast. From the subway station, I just called the hotel to request for shuttle pick up. The shuttle usually shows up within minutes. We were very happy with our stay at the hotel and we will definitely use it again whenever we visit NYC. Great job you guys!

Room Tip: I understand that the high floors have some units with a nice manhattan skyline view. We actually di...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

This is my second time returning to this hotel. As a Platinum member of Marriott Rewards, I was offered an upgrade into a whirlpool suite on my second stay here. The first time, my room didn't have air conditioning. When I called to report the problem, they sent up a tech that tried to tell me that the air conditioner wasn't on long enough for it to be cool. However, I was in the room for an hour waiting for the tech to show up. If an hour isn't long enough, than I really don't know how long it take to kick in. I asked for a different room, however, they insisted that they attempt to repair the problem and if all else fails, I can change rooms. So I had to sit there for another hour while the tech attempts to fix the problem. On my second stay, the whirlpool suite was very disappointing. The whirlpool was very dirty with stains everywhere. Also, the toilet was clogged. I called and someone came up right away. The tech unclogged the toilet, but made a mess in the bathroom. There was water all over the place. When he was done, he simply just left the room without cleaning up the mess!

The saying goes first time shame on you, the second time shame on me. I definitely won't make the mistake of staying here for a third time. The only reason why I chose this particular property is because it is very close to where I needed to have a meeting the next morning. So close I could walk and not have to sit in traffic to get there.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

The location of this hotel is in the middle of an industrial zone, however don't let that deter you from staying here. The shuttle taking you to the 7 train is very convenient! The only annoying factor is people cutting you in line when the shuttle is picking you up. My family and I waited for a good 15 minutes and when the shuttle arrived, a group of foreigners came and rushed the shuttle. On another note, the breakfast was very adequate and fulfilling! Definitely save us money for the 5 days we were there! Although the Manhattan view was lacking, I do appreciate seeing the sunset with the city in the backdrop...just beautiful!

Lastly, I want to praise the cleaning staffs!!! They are always asking if we need anything for out room everyday!

Also my family left our unlimited 7 days metro pass for the next guests, I encourage you all to do the same if you're not staying for the entire time!

Thank you Fairfield Inn staffs for your service during my stay!

• Stayed August 2013
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

The hotel is located in an industrial area where there are no nearby stores and restaurants. But the hotel brilliantly makes up for that by providing a complimentary shuttle that goes to a nearby subway station of which train #7 goes to Manhattan. (Unlike some other hotels, the shuttle is conveniently at every half hour from about 7:30 am, with the latest at 10:30 pm. The drivers we came across were all excellent and helpful; particularly Mr. Larry who acquainted us with the routes into Manhattan and the return stop prior to our first ever subway journey into Manhattan. Our (2-double bed) room (choice due to the unavailability of suites) was clean, fresh, and fitting for our family of 2 adults and two children. The beds (O-M-G) were wonderfully comfortable. And we had a wonderful view on a high floor, thanks to the congenial staff that accommodated my request thereby also acknowledging the occasion of our 20th wedding anniversary. A hospitable staff all-around, a superb room with complementary in-room Wi-Fi, complemented with an excellent complimentary breakfast and lobby coffee - all that at a great affordable rate to boot. THAT is the Fairfield Inn New York Long Island City/Manhattan View to us. Highly recommended. 5 stars.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Been to Fairfield Inn New York Long Island City/Manhattan View? Share your experiences!