“Family Trip to New York City” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Fairfield Inn New York Long Island City/Manhattan View

You added Fairfield Inn New York Long Island City/Manhattan View to your Saves list
Fairfield Inn New York Long Island City/Manhattan View
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   52-34 Van Dam Street, Long Island City, NY 11101   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #13 of 26 Hotels in Long Island City
Lawrenceville, Georgia
“Family Trip to New York City”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

We stayed at this hotel based on the reviews that I had read. I must say that the hotel staff were extremely helpful..we needed two blankets because our room was very cold and we didn't want to turn off the air conditioner. The front desk called to confirm that we had received the blankets. Also, the shuttle service was so convenient and the ride to the nearest train station was under 10 minutes. Train number 7 to Times Square was regular like clockwork. Definitely no complaints there! It was great to have breakfast everyone morning and the staff were very quick with replenishing the breakfast items. I would definitely stay at this hotel again because of its service and convenience. If you do stay there, please try 'Arriba Arriba'...their Mexican food is to die for.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that gives you a view of the skyline....10the floor is great. We could see the hotel...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

We appreciated our relatively easy drive to the hotel (compared to the traffic we saw if we had to drive into the city) and free parking on the street out front. Their lot is small, but the front desk man came out to help us find a spot on the street. Next, we went up to our room with a few of Manhattan. The kids loved looking out at the Empire State Building every night. We stayed for 3 nights to go to Citifield, Yankee Stadium, and sight see for our first trip to NYC. We had easy access to all via the subway. The hotel provides a shuttle to the subway stop. They didn't pick up late at night so we often had to walk back at night. The area is industrial and the businesses and college are shut down so it is quite and seemed safe. We felt safe as a family with teen boys, but I wouldnt have felt safe alone. One night we were too tired to walk the 10-15 mins. back so we took a cab and it was only $5 ride from the subway stop. The hotel rooms were clean and comfortable with plenty of space. The staff was friendly and helpful. This was a great affordable option for our trip. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor with a view of Manhattan
Canon City, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

Stayed 3 nights with 11 family members. Hotel was recommended by a friend who stayed a few months ago. It was everything he said - staff very helpful and friendly, hotel clean, breakfast very good each morning, hotel shuttle perfect. We traveled via cab, metro, and private cars. The staff was very knowledgeable. Would definitely recommend.

Barrie, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

Stayed there using Marriott Rewards points for a family trip to New York City. Easy access to Manhattan using the hotel shuttle to get to the subway. Got to Times Square in under 30 minutes! Bigger rooms than what you would get in Manhattan. The staff was friendly and helpful. The breakfast was included and was very good!

The hotel is in a business district. Not really suitable for an evening walk as there is no retail or restaurants that we saw nearby. Everything is closed up and there was very little pedestrian traffic. Might seem a little unnerving for someone not used to large cities but we felt safe. The parking lot is small. We arrived late on our first night and had to park on the street about three blocks away. We were able to move into the parking lot the next morning and left our vehicle there for the next two days without a problem.

This would be a great choice if you were flying into NYC. LGA is close by. If you are driving anything in Queens might not be a good choice if you are not up for the adventure of driving in NYC! If you are this would be a great choice!

Room Tip: Rooms on the west side have a nice view of Manhattan.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

After 2 flight cancellations, I had to find a place to stay and quickly because spaces were filling up. I originally booked another Fairfield Inn room at one in Astoria, but ended up here due to a cab drivers error. Anyway...Tiara, front desk agent, was nice and helpful! We were tired and frustrated after all the delays and cancellations, etc. She called the other Fairfield Inn and had the room cancelled. I bothered her for a confirmation code and she kept calling them back to fit my needs! After checking us in, she told us to grab a beer out of the pantry! Score!

I'm VERY picky when it comes to hotels. I don't stay in "Inns" because I'm just picky about cleanliness and the like, but I was pleasantly surprised by my stay. It's not in the greatest of areas and construction did start around 8 (outside somewhere), but nothing I couldn't tolerate.

Breakfast was better than the hotel I stayed at in Manhattan on my vacation. Yummy make your own waffles. Plenty of fresh fruit, muffins, bagels, etc. Great!

Beds were hard. The room is okay size. Clean. Restroom okay size. Clean. It's not a luxury hotel, but like I said I'm Miss Picky.

Location--I didn't venture out because its just a place to hang my hat, but they have a shuttle to the nearest subway. It's about 25 mins from Laguardia.

Everyone and their dog will deliver food to this hotel. Ask the front desk for a menu and they will give you 10 from local restaurants that deliver.

If I get stuck tonight with another cancellation, I will be back!

• Stayed July 2013
Stoney Creek, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

Booked one night in Manhattan and then one night here - wise choice! Great service, great shuttle service, and oh yeah: great price! And that breakfast was not one to miss either.
As great as it was staying in Manhattan, take my advice and keep your money in your pocket.
P.S. Not sure why this hotel has such a low rating, but talk about not being able to please ppl no matter what you do...

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor, facing the manhattan skyline
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

I stayed here for two nights in June 2013. I was visiting my daughter who was staying with friends in Manhattan near Park & 38th (but spent the night with me at the hotel). The first night we took a cab to the hotel. The next morning, we walked over the Queensborough Bridge (which was just a couple of blocks from the hotel) and to Central Park. It was a long but very nice walk. The hotel is also just a couple of blocks from the subway if you don't want to walk but don't want to pay for a cab. The second night, I took the subway back by myself around dusk and felt perfectly safe. The front desk staff was very courteous and professional. Breakfast was exactly the same as it is at every other Fairfield Inn. The room was clean and pleasant and the bathroom also clean and nice. Water pressure was good in the shower. I use Marriott Honored Guest points a lot. I only had to use 20,000/night to stay here but would have needed closer to 50,000 to stay in Manhattan. This hotel costs the same amount of points as properties 15-30 miles away in NJ and on Long Island but it's in walking distance of Manhattan! I was not disappointed in any way.

Room Tip: We were on the 8th floor and the front desk person said we faced Manhattan, but I couldn't see a...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Fairfield Inn L, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn New York Long Island City/Manhattan View, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Dear guest,

We absolutely appreciate your feedback and We are glad to hear that you had a great stay with us and that you took advantage of our location to Walk to Queensboro bridge and Central Park- wonderful sites of NYC. We will share the compliments with our staff.
We will see you again in a near future.

Kindest Regards,