“Family trip to NYC” 4 of 5 stars

Free Parking
Barrie, Canada
“Family trip to NYC”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

Stayed there using Marriott Rewards points for a family trip to New York City. Easy access to Manhattan using the hotel shuttle to get to the subway. Got to Times Square in under 30 minutes! Bigger rooms than what you would get in Manhattan. The staff was friendly and helpful. The breakfast was included and was very good!

The hotel is in a business district. Not really suitable for an evening walk as there is no retail or restaurants that we saw nearby. Everything is closed up and there was very little pedestrian traffic. Might seem a little unnerving for someone not used to large cities but we felt safe. The parking lot is small. We arrived late on our first night and had to park on the street about three blocks away. We were able to move into the parking lot the next morning and left our vehicle there for the next two days without a problem.

This would be a great choice if you were flying into NYC. LGA is close by. If you are driving anything in Queens might not be a good choice if you are not up for the adventure of driving in NYC! If you are this would be a great choice!

Room Tip: Rooms on the west side have a nice view of Manhattan.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

329 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013 via mobile

After 2 flight cancellations, I had to find a place to stay and quickly because spaces were filling up. I originally booked another Fairfield Inn room at one in Astoria, but ended up here due to a cab drivers error. Anyway...Tiara, front desk agent, was nice and helpful! We were tired and frustrated after all the delays and cancellations, etc. She called the other Fairfield Inn and had the room cancelled. I bothered her for a confirmation code and she kept calling them back to fit my needs! After checking us in, she told us to grab a beer out of the pantry! Score!

I'm VERY picky when it comes to hotels. I don't stay in "Inns" because I'm just picky about cleanliness and the like, but I was pleasantly surprised by my stay. It's not in the greatest of areas and construction did start around 8 (outside somewhere), but nothing I couldn't tolerate.

Breakfast was better than the hotel I stayed at in Manhattan on my vacation. Yummy make your own waffles. Plenty of fresh fruit, muffins, bagels, etc. Great!

Beds were hard. The room is okay size. Clean. Restroom okay size. Clean. It's not a luxury hotel, but like I said I'm Miss Picky.

Location--I didn't venture out because its just a place to hang my hat, but they have a shuttle to the nearest subway. It's about 25 mins from Laguardia.

Everyone and their dog will deliver food to this hotel. Ask the front desk for a menu and they will give you 10 from local restaurants that deliver.

If I get stuck tonight with another cancellation, I will be back!

• Stayed July 2013
Toronto, ON
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

Booked one night in Manhattan and then one night here - wise choice! Great service, great shuttle service, and oh yeah: great price! And that breakfast was not one to miss either.
As great as it was staying in Manhattan, take my advice and keep your money in your pocket.
P.S. Not sure why this hotel has such a low rating, but talk about not being able to please ppl no matter what you do...

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor, facing the manhattan skyline
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

I stayed here for two nights in June 2013. I was visiting my daughter who was staying with friends in Manhattan near Park & 38th (but spent the night with me at the hotel). The first night we took a cab to the hotel. The next morning, we walked over the Queensborough Bridge (which was just a couple of blocks from the hotel) and to Central Park. It was a long but very nice walk. The hotel is also just a couple of blocks from the subway if you don't want to walk but don't want to pay for a cab. The second night, I took the subway back by myself around dusk and felt perfectly safe. The front desk staff was very courteous and professional. Breakfast was exactly the same as it is at every other Fairfield Inn. The room was clean and pleasant and the bathroom also clean and nice. Water pressure was good in the shower. I use Marriott Honored Guest points a lot. I only had to use 20,000/night to stay here but would have needed closer to 50,000 to stay in Manhattan. This hotel costs the same amount of points as properties 15-30 miles away in NJ and on Long Island but it's in walking distance of Manhattan! I was not disappointed in any way.

Room Tip: We were on the 8th floor and the front desk person said we faced Manhattan, but I couldn't see a...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Fairfield Inn L, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn New York Long Island City/Manhattan View, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Dear guest,

We absolutely appreciate your feedback and We are glad to hear that you had a great stay with us and that you took advantage of our location to Walk to Queensboro bridge and Central Park- wonderful sites of NYC. We will share the compliments with our staff.
We will see you again in a near future.

Kindest Regards,
Wilka Jones
Director of Sales
San Francisco Bay Area
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

This is my first stay at the Fairfield Inn in Long Island City (on Van Dam St.). For my 4-night stay, Manhattan Hotels quoted exorbitant rates that were 4 and 5 times higher, so I thought I'd take a shot at this location. It's not a scenic spot and the hotel doesn't have marble bathrooms - BUT, the lack of scenery and luxury is completely mediated by one of the best hotel teams I've ever experienced. These are, by far, the most upbeat, helpful, knowledgable, and competent hotel professionals I've ever seen in action - and this includes the smiling housekeeping staff - (and I travel for a living, so I've watched a lot of teams). Whatever management is doing here, they are creating excellence. From the angle of physical plant, the rooms are comfortable, very clean, certainly larger than the average NY room, well-equipped with everything a business traveler needs (including adequate electrical plugs), and there are ample towels and soaps, a good breakfast buffet (I mean, soy milk!, fresh fruit! and more! Wonderful!), etc. And, there are extremely regular van trips to the subway station, where one can grab a "7" train and be in Midtown Manhattan in 10 or 12 minutes. I was worried about being outside of Manhattan, but, really, I can get to Midtown quicker than if I had stayed downtown. The place is terrific. Highly recommended

Room Tip: I'm on a high floor, which is great. There's a little traffic noise, but I've never fou...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is beautiful. Great location and shuttle bus to the train and local restaurants was awesomr. To bad its not a 24 hr service, it end at 10pm...but I love it and took advantage. The front desk is always alert on what you need and they do go the extra mile for you. Thank you ♥

• Stayed June 2013
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

Me and my sister visited the Fairfield Inn for 10 days in May.
We arrived at night time and we had had a problem with our baggage, one was left in Amsterdam and we had one with us. Delta told us it would be with us the next day so we told the reception staff and they were more than happy to inform us of when it appears. We were given room 502.
The room - We had a double double room. The room was clean and was big enough for the both of us. The bathroom was huge and there were plenty of towels (replaced everyday). It was supplied with shampoo, conditioner and some moisturiser. The room had a TV, a safe, wardrobe and several drawers. We had a view of Manhattan and could see the Empire State Building which was amazing! We also had free Wi-Fi which worked really well. The only bad thing about the room was that there was no fridge, but that's me being really picky.
The breakfast - good selection. Muffins, breads, cereals, yoghurts, meats, scrambled eggs, fruit. Minute maid orange or cranberry juice which was amazing. Also, Starbucks coffee!! And different teas! If there want anything there we wanted they had vending machines with branded drinks and foods in them.
The service - the staff were really helpful with our bag loss. They helped us to chase it and let us use their phones! Cassio was a big help. They also provided takeaway menus for when we didn't fancy going out. The hotel also provided a shuttle bus service every 30 minutes which was brill. What was even better was they took us even when they had already done a run. The subway station was 2 mins away or a 10 minute walk. The area is a bit dodgy so make sure if you walk, you walk with another person, not on your own. At the subway, you can take the 7 circle train to 5th av, grand central and times square. Ace!
We had a brilliant stay and it was cheaper and better than staying in a hotel in Manhattan. Had a great time and would return to this hotel :)

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a Manhattan View and away from the lifts.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Fairfield Inn L, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn New York Long Island City/Manhattan View, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for sharing your awesome stay at the Fairfield Inn Long Island City Manhattan View. We will most certainly give kudos to our associates and specially to Cassio for being proactive and professional. We hope to see you again in a near future. Thanks again!

Been to Fairfield Inn New York Long Island City/Manhattan View? Share your experiences!