Me and my sister visited the Fairfield Inn for 10 days in May.
We arrived at night time and we had had a problem with our baggage, one was left in Amsterdam and we had one with us. Delta told us it would be with us the next day so we told the reception staff and they were more than happy to inform us of when it appears. We were given room 502.
The room - We had a double double room. The room was clean and was big enough for the both of us. The bathroom was huge and there were plenty of towels (replaced everyday). It was supplied with shampoo, conditioner and some moisturiser. The room had a TV, a safe, wardrobe and several drawers. We had a view of Manhattan and could see the Empire State Building which was amazing! We also had free Wi-Fi which worked really well. The only bad thing about the room was that there was no fridge, but that's me being really picky.
The breakfast - good selection. Muffins, breads, cereals, yoghurts, meats, scrambled eggs, fruit. Minute maid orange or cranberry juice which was amazing. Also, Starbucks coffee!! And different teas! If there want anything there we wanted they had vending machines with branded drinks and foods in them.
The service - the staff were really helpful with our bag loss. They helped us to chase it and let us use their phones! Cassio was a big help. They also provided takeaway menus for when we didn't fancy going out. The hotel also provided a shuttle bus service every 30 minutes which was brill. What was even better was they took us even when they had already done a run. The subway station was 2 mins away or a 10 minute walk. The area is a bit dodgy so make sure if you walk, you walk with another person, not on your own. At the subway, you can take the 7 circle train to 5th av, grand central and times square. Ace!
We had a brilliant stay and it was cheaper and better than staying in a hotel in Manhattan. Had a great time and would return to this hotel :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •On-site parking, fee: 25 USD daily •Very limited (25) parking spaces available, first come first serve basis ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, Marriott, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Fairfield Inn New York Long Island City/Manhattan View reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairfield Inn New York Long Island City/Queens Hotel Long Island City
- Fairfield Inn Long Island City
- Fairfield Inn Queens
- Long Island City Fairfield Inn
- Fairfield Inn New York Long Island City/Manhattan View