“Excellent Hotel with impeccable service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Fairfield Inn New York Long Island City/Manhattan View

You added Fairfield Inn New York Long Island City/Manhattan View to your Saves list
Fairfield Inn New York Long Island City/Manhattan View
15% Off 4 Nigths
Ranked #10 of 25 Hotels in Long Island City
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Ad Dawha, Ad Dawhah, Qatar
“Excellent Hotel with impeccable service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for 6 nights while my parents visited NYC, and experience was fantastic. The hotel staff were very friendly and courteous, and went out of their way to make us comfortable. The rooms were comfortable to stay in, and the amenities (free internet, breakfast, gym and half-hourly shuttle to the subway) were absolutely fabulous for the price of the hotel. While the hotel is definitely in a comparatively remote area, the hotel provides shuttle to a nearby 7-station every 30 minutes. And if you arrived at the metro earlier than expected (which happened to us more than once!), the driver would come pick you up anyway irrespective of the time! A special thank you to Ali, their shuttle driver, for being very accommodating, friendly and helpful. Bottomline: I would definitely stay there if I visited again, and would highly recommend it to anyone planning to do the same!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
gmfairfieldinnlic, General Manager at Fairfield Inn New York Long Island City/Manhattan View, responded to this review, June 5, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your great review and thank you for staying at our hotel. We appreciate you choosing the Fairfield Inn Marriott Long Island City for your lodging needs. We appreciate your comments about our staff (specifically about Ali), rooms, breakfast, and amenities.. Our staff takes great pride for the service they do and I will make sure to share your feedback with them.
Thanks again for your review and look forward to serving you in the near future.

Omar

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2012

We drove our rented car from JFK airport. The hotel signage is broken, so there is no indication in this obviously industrial area, where the hotel is, despite the fact that our phone navigator kept saying we had reached our destination.
Room, just big enough to hold a king sized bed. No dresser to put clothing in and a "closet" contain an iron, ironing board and two of my husband's shirts...that was total capacity. One cannot stand at the bathroom sink with the bathroom door open, room too small. Air conditioner leaks water onto carpet beside the bed, cannot walk around wet carpet...no room. Breakfast a joke. Corn dogs seem to be the main entree. Toaster or waffle maker not working. We will NEVER stay here again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Fairfield Inn Marriott in Long Island City. At Marriott we take great pride for the service we provide. Knowing that we fell short in meeting your expectations is a disappointment. I apologize for the inconveniences you encountered in finding the hotel, with the size of your room and with the breakfast options. My engineer and I walk the property on a daily basis and haven’t noticed the hotel signage is broken. I would like for you to contact me so that I can get more details in order to rectify this matter. As far as your comment about breakfast, we offer a continental breakfast serving: assorted cereals, regular and silk milk, instant oatmeal, fresh fruits, scramble eggs, jimmy dean sausages, juices and coffee.

Omar Aquino

718-406-0152
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

Echoing many of the previous comments, I stayed here for three nights on a short visit to New York. I got the hotel through priceline and it was one of the only options under $100 a night. I took a cab from LGA airport and it was about $20 - my driver seemed to be in a rush though...

The hotel itself is in the middle of a rather isolated area, but is right off the Long Island Expressway. As noted elsewhere, they run a shuttle to the nearest 7 stop, which is about a 20 minute walk (I did it once, it's fairly simple but you do feel a little nervous about being totally on your own in a fairly industrial area) away. It's only scheduled leaving from the hotel, but you can call them (international travelers would do well to buy a prepay cell phone to call) and they will pick you up, almost always within 5 minutes, from the station. I would suggest calling them as you leave the previous stop and you should arrive a few moments before the van does.

The staff were very friendly in this hotel. I enjoyed the free breakfast and the free internet. You will need to plan ahead for food in the evenings. You can call for delivery or else eat in Manhattan and return to the hotel.

It is not particularly handy for Manhattan, although the subway ride is not very long. It is quite handy for JFK airport - they can call you a car service (which is about $35) which can have you at the airport in about 20 mins. That is, of course, traffic permitting.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest;

Thank your taking the time to write about your experience at my hotel. I am pleased to see that you found your stay with us to be an enjoyable one. I share each customer reviews, comments and suggestions made, with the entire hotel staff. Our goal is to provide each of our guests with exceptionally clean and comfortable accommodations in a warm and friendly atmosphere. The staff works very hard to take care of our guests and comments like yours will show them that their hard work pays off.

Thank you very much for recognizing my staff and hotel and we look forward to serving you in the near future.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for 7 nights and got a good deal.
Nice hotel, very modern and rooms were perfect for us.
Breakfast was ok, but I'm not fussy, I loved the donuts and coffee.
Location is poor as the subway is far from the hotel 15-20 min walk (we are young 25-27 and healthy)
But the hotel does a transfer to and from the subway but it's scheduled.
Area was a bit rundown. Didn't see any crime though.
I would recommend this to young singles on a budget as there are busy latino nightclubs on van dam street and the travelling to manhattan is easy for you.
Would I return to this hotel - I'll stay in manhattan next time.

• Stayed April 2012
Dear Guest;

Thank you for choosing the Fairfield Inn by Marriott in Long Island City. Thank you for your review and kind words. I’m glad your stay was enjoyable as you expected. We look forward to serving you again in the near future.

Thanks for giving us the opportunity to serve you. We greatly value your business.

Best regards,

Omar
Lexington, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2012

Our stay at this property was top notch. The location was good and the staff was excellent. The metro (7 train) is about 4 blocks away and not a bad walk in nice weather but the shuttle service to the station runs on the half hour and was timely. There are also several good resturants in the area that the shuttle will take you to and pick you up from. The rooms were small but very clean and the comp. breakfast was good and kept well stocked. I booked this hotel for a very reasonable price on priceline.

Room Tip: If you book here request a room that faces the city. The night view is spectacular. Post card qual...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review and thank you for staying at our hotel. We appreciate you choosing the Fairfield Inn Marriott Long Island City for your lodging needs. We appreciate your comments about the location, our excellent staff, and the great breakfast options.

London, UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2012

I ended up choosing this hotel because it was less than half the cost of similar hotels in manhatten. It was easy to get out of town on the 7 subway, and pretty easy to navigate my way to the hotel. As it was after 9pm and dark, some people may feel uncomfortable walking down fairly quiet streets to get there, but for those people there is a shuttle. I did walk there and back, and at no point felt unsafe (just walked all the way on van dam).

The hotel itself is a standard fairfield, the rooms are good, if somewhat small, with everything you need. The air conditioner units are old style, so can be pretty noisy when running, and there is a main road nearby which can also be noisy. That said, I had no problem sleeping.

As I arrived late and left early i did not use any of the other facilities or interact much with staff, but what interaction i did have was pleasant and painless.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2012

My daughters and I planned this trip to NY to spend time there over the holidays. We planned on seeing a few plays, the Christmas Spectacular and other sites of interest. We were there for four days and had a very positive experience at this hotel.(Fairfield Inn Long Island/Manhattan View) The staff was very helpful and the maid service very good. The continental breakfast had a wide selection to choose from. The hotel offers van service to the subway station, which was only a couple of miles away. It was a reasonable and fast method of getting around in NY. We purchased a four day subway pass that was unlimited travel for four days and saved us lots of time standing in line to purchase one way tickets. We always used the subway during the daytime and ALWAYS took a cab in the evening returning to the hotel. We used Yellow Cabs because I think they have the most fair prices. It was usually a 15 minute ride from Manhattan to the hotel and around $25-$30 depending on the speed of the driver!!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review and thank you for staying at our hotel. We appreciate you choosing the Fairfield Inn Marriott Long Island City for your lodging needs. We appreciate your comments about the staff and amenities.

Omar A.

Been to Fairfield Inn New York Long Island City/Manhattan View? Share your experiences!