“Ravel is the way to travel !” 5 of 5 stars

Ravel Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   8-08 Queens Plaza South, Long Island City, NY 11101   |
Ranked #17 of 23 hotels in Long Island City
Toronto, Canada
“Ravel is the way to travel !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2011

My boyfriend & I love to travel. We've stayed at many, many hotels and we can honestly say this is thee BEST hotel EVER. It was December and we were spending our half a year anniversary here. The exterior of the hotel did not look amazing, but it was expected from the pictures we've seen. The interior though, was nice. The lobby was very nice, the room clean and comfortable.. Spa inspired bathroom.. everything was perfect! We had the king sized bed penthouse suite ..it had a balcony! :O And the best part was ..the view of the Queensboro bridge was AMAZING :) Location wise.. it was not hard to find. We didn't try the food upstairs but the menu was very limited. Service was amazing, breakfast in bed was okay.. That night we went out to grab dinner and it was the night of the big snow storm. We got stuck in the snowstorm for 2 hours! Pushing cars and shoveling snow like maniacs.. Police cars got stuck, cars blocking the road.. it was crazy! But eventually we made it back. Problem was.. the parking lot in the hotel is quite small and it was not shoveled. There was a car trying to come out, a van trying to get in.. and we were stuck right outside the parking lot wanting to get in. So that 's something they should really work on.

By the time we got in, we took a nice hot shower nd it felt oh so good. The shower at ravel made up for being stuck outside in the snow, and my boyfriend had made a request for rose delivery.. it was very cute :) And it came RIGHT on time as specified (11:58pm). The roses were nicely decorated..better looking than roses you buy at any flower shop!

BEST part of the room... the bed & the pillows! It was sooo soft and cozy , we fell right asleep after watching a movie! It felt as if we were sleeping on a patch of floating clouds! ... We're surprised its only a 4 star hotel when it should be a 5 star..The price was extremely cheap for the room we had and it was the top/best room they had. In comparison to Embassy hotel in Niagara ..jr. presidential room with falls view & jacuzzi ravel hotel still stands number 1 on our list! Its 10x better. Also, Americana Resort in Niagara cannot compare even with a heart shaped jacuzzi and fireplace.

In conclusion, ravel is THEE place to be :D & Even if we were given a free night at any super nice & expensive hotels in NY or Niagara, we would rather pay for one night at Ravel.

P.S: Reviews from others about the super loud music at night..its not true! Do not let them fool you..(haha) We slept like pigs! It was quiet, peaceful, and most importantly.. it was romantic.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple

533 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2011

After a sour first experience, I wrote a letter of complaint to the owner about the service of one particular waitress that hosted my birthday party. I was pleasantly surprised at the urgency of their response and eagerness to correct the mistreatment. Long story short, I was invited back, shown a wonderful evening, and I have returned several times afterwards. I love this place! The views are amazing, the drinks are strong, food very tasty, and the service is friendly. Make sure to visit the Rooftop @ Ravel Hotel, why hassle with possibly getting your car towed in the city? Queens is where it's at!
Tiffany B.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2011

My client was not able to stay because her flight got cancelled due to weather. She had no options to get there for her business meeting. Called hotel the morning of the night she was to be there and asked if they could waive charge due to situation. NO GO! They charge anyway, but did offer a credit for a future stay. This is the first hotel I've encountered in my 15+ years of booking business travel that did not take mercy on a traveler's inability to get there. Interesting that EVEN THE AIRLINE will refund in this case!

Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
Silver Spring, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2011

very nice hotel. friendly service, great location, great views. amazing large rooms and large bathroom area. room includes a separate shower and bathtub, separate toilet too.
staff was friendly and pleasant. dinner at the rooftop restaurant was good. seating was comfortable

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2011

I've stayed in a LOT of hotels for work travel; the Ravel is a bit worn-looking (paint/wallpaper is a bit worn, shower tiles could use clean grout - looks dirty, but I think it's just old), but the staff is friendly enough and the bed is comfortable.
If you are looking to spend a LOT more, then you will get more in Manhattan. This is Queens and worth the price. I WILL stay here again; in fact I've just made another reservation.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
Delaware
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2011

Don't be fooled by the pictures, this hotel is old with new furniture in the smallest lobby I've ever seen. The hallways are old and need to be remodeled. The rooms are large but we found red hair all over the computer chair and the shower needed to be wiped down from top to bottom. The view is a joke as other views indicated. The parking is limited so get there early and stay otherwise you might not get a space. The signs say the parking is just for hotel guests, however the lot was full of cars that were at the restaurant. The TV was very frustrating because all the major channels kept coming in and going out, saying no signal. When I called the front desk the desk clerk and then the general manager, Brandon, told me that they don't advertise the major networks and therefore the hotel doesn't provide them. The answer seemed crazy to me so I decided to check the channel lineup as the manager instructed me to do. The channel lineup clearly indicated that the major networks should be available. When I called back to ask why the general manager doesn't know that his hotel offers ABC, NBC and CBS, I was told that he was on the phone with technicians and would call me back. I never recieved that call. Well the phone did ring but when my husband answered, the caller hung up. The general manager is arrogant, rude, and has no idea what the words customer service mean. I assume the owner is clueless also to have hired such a poor example of what a manager should be. This hotel is terrible and you should not waste your money. Don't be fooled by the pictures, the hotel is awful.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Ravel808, General Manager at Ravel Hotel, responded to this review, January 24, 2011
In the next few weeks we will be implementing a virtual tour option on our website so that travelers may view the hotel from every angle. It is not our intention to mislead any hotel guest. The pictures on our website were taken directly from hotel rooms and common areas. I have visited most hotels in our area and am proud to say that our lobby is 4 times the size of comparable hotel lobbies and our large room sizes cannot be compared at all.

If you experience any housekeeping issues, (such as red hair on furniture) we urge you to contact the front desk. We will immediately rectify the situation. Parking is ONLY for hotel guests. We provide valet service for our Rooftop/Restaurant patrons. We are proud to even offer parking as the majority of NYC hotels do not.

A listing of all networks can be found on the television. This information was communicated to the above guest. If you experience an issue, we ask that you allow us to identify the source of the issue and correct it. As stated in the review above, we called the guest in the room, but did not recieve an answer. (probably because the guest was in the shower)

We do not respond to personal attacks, however I can personally assure traveler's that customer service is our utmost priority. I would like to urge everyone to visit our website and review all of our room types and amenities. A lot of times guets will look at rooms with great views, however they will reserve a cheaper room that does not have a view. We provide floor plans for each room to avoid this issue. We have designed a property to accomodate the budgeted traveler as well as the luxury driven one.

We hope that you will judge for yourself what Ravel has to offer.

Yours in hospitality,

Brandon Philpart-Tyson
Ravel Hotel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2011

Ravel review

I had my engagement dinner in October at the rooftop Penthouse 808 at the Ravel Hotel and stayed a night in a suite. I must say, their staff is incredible and they truly know the meaning of hospitality and customer service. All the food came out for everyone at the same time and the servers were on top of everything. Natassa the event coordinator, is genuinely so kind and helpful, she's awesome. The hotel front desk people were also wonderful. The rooms are sexy/trendy, and the beds feel like you're laying on heaven.

Our special night was made so memorable thanks to the Ravel Hotel and their staff. I LOVE this place!! I recommend them to all my family and friends.

• Stayed October 2010

Been to Ravel Hotel? Share your experiences!