On December 15th i went to check in at a hotel which was advertised to be beautiful. Supposedly with a lovely view of the queensborough bridge, a rooftop restaurant, a comfortable atmosphere etc. To my surprise i was greeted with the view of a abandoned area which was very dirty and a hotel which looked like it was a crack hotel in the past. I went into the hotel against my better judgement and was greeted by a a front desk clerk which informed me she had taken 193 dollars off my credit card and in order for me to stay at the hotel for one night i had to provide a additional 150 Dollars or i wouldn't be able to rent the room. Now first i was absolutely annoyed that the hotel i made reservations to celebrate my husbands birthday at was a disgusting disaster and the rooftop restaurant that was supposed to be beautiful was not. But on top of that they had the audacity to want more money from me. They charged my credit card even though i chose not to stay there and i want my money back. I made such a big mistake in thinking i would have a nice evening. My evening was absolutely ruined. I advise anyone who thinks about renting a room at the ravel or taking their loved ones to penthouse 808 to please reconsider. Save yourself the aggravation. I am not a review writer but this hotel was so awful i had no choice. I just want to save others from experiencing the horror and ruined night that i did.
- Also Known As:
- Ravel Hotel Long Island City
- Ravel Hotel Long Island City, New York
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Long Island City's first boutique hotel featuring lavishly decorated rooms that overlook the Manhattan skyline, the hotel is nested between the Queensboro Bridge and Midtown Manhattan. Whether traveling for business, pleasure, or both, the Ravel offers every comfort of home. Where you can enjoy a true city experience without the hassle. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Tingo, Priceline, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotels.com, Fareportal and Otel so you can book your Ravel Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.