Called ahead and asked for early check-in and was told it wouldn't be a problem since the hotel was not full and I was staying during the week. When I arrived, the people at the desk ignored me for a few minutes and then proceeded to tell me to wait in the lobby for 10 minutes for no apparent reason since they weren't busy at all. (They ignored me again later so I kinda got the sense that there was no manager working and they were just doing whatever they felt like.)
I had booked the room online and had two requests (high floor and far away from elevators)... well I got one out of two. They gave me the top floor but my room was literally right across from the elevator so I got to listen to it all night long.
The room itself was nice enough but the water pressure in the shower wasn't great and I couldn't really change the temperature.
The roof deck definitely makes the place. The view is pretty great and the bar staff was very friendly and attentive.
The hotel needs some work if it wants to have a chance competing with any of those across the river!
- Also Known As:
- Ravel Hotel Long Island City
- Ravel Hotel Long Island City, New York
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Long Island City's first boutique hotel featuring lavishly decorated rooms that overlook the Manhattan skyline, the hotel is nested between the Queensboro Bridge and Midtown Manhattan. Whether traveling for business, pleasure, or both, the Ravel offers every comfort of home. Where you can enjoy a true city experience without the hassle. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Venere, Agoda, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Tingo and Otel so you can book your Ravel Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.