Nothing around the hotel and crappy view. We could partially see the Queensboro bridge from our room. Nicer view from the restaurant/bar on the Roof top. Rooms were nice but the light in the bathroom fell and hit my husband and smashed on the floor. It was cleaned up but no one really seemed to care.
Dance club on the roof Saturday night which could disturb light sleepers. The walls are thin so you can hear every word spoken in the hall and a little bit in peoples rooms. We were woken up a few times but went back to sleep, so not a big deal for us.
Staff was all friendly enough; nothing over the top though.
We would stay again if we found another cheaper deal. Located a short distance to the subway or only a $15.00 cab ride to Time Square. Clean but dated hotel with a nice looking expansion happening now
- Also Known As:
- Ravel Hotel Long Island City
- Ravel Hotel Long Island City, New York
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Long Island City's first boutique hotel featuring lavishly decorated rooms that overlook the Manhattan skyline, the hotel is nested between the Queensboro Bridge and Midtown Manhattan. Whether traveling for business, pleasure, or both, the Ravel offers every comfort of home. Where you can enjoy a true city experience without the hassle. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Venere, Agoda, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Otel and Tingo so you can book your Ravel Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.