“GREAT HOTEL WITH AMAZING VIEWS OVER THE CITY” 4 of 5 stars

Ravel Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   8-08 Queens Plaza South, Long Island City, NY 11101   |
Ranked #18 of 26 Hotels in Long Island City
suffolk
“GREAT HOTEL WITH AMAZING VIEWS OVER THE CITY”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2012

Stayed at this hotel last week for a week and as the title tells you its situated just beside the Queensboro Bridge on some what of an industrial estate, granted its a little out of town & the Metro is a 10 min walk away However the views over the city are just amazing especially at night . The surrounding area looks a little rough however dont let this put you off the Hotel will run you free of charge to the local stations if you want , we choose to walk . Inside very clean and very helpful staff with a great resturant on the roof over looking the city . Would of been 5 stars but for the safe in the room that was never fixed and the shower door that leaked a bit . Do yourself a favour and stay here for the views if nothing else

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
maspeth
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2012

I stayed in this hotel on Wednesday April 25. Was trying to surprise my girlfriend since it was our anniversary. I called the hotel they offered me the king penthouse room. It was on the top floor with a balcony to a great view of the east river and 59st bridge. I ordered chocolate covered strawberries and flowers to the room. When she came in she was astonished and very pleased. Later on we went up to the rooftop which is on the 6th floor and has an even better view of the city. We had dinner and drinks and laughed the night away with a great atmosphere around us. I would definitely recommend this hotel if your looking to surprise that special someone or just to have an extraordinary experience with that special loved one.

Room Tip: Penthouse rooms and suites.
East Windsor, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2012

Check In -
Happy they were able to accommodate early check in as we had a wedding at 4pm in the area, however this was not the case for everyone in our group and some guests were therefore late to the wedding

Room-
Overall room is clean with modern decor and lay out. The white walls need to be re-painted, there are many scratches, and marks on the walls that make the room appear dirty. The furniture and seating also appeared dusty (then again I am a CLEAN FREAK). The lighting was poor, and the lay out of the bathroom sink was not accommodating to a female trying to apply make out. Note to couples who like bathroom privacy...if you book King room category there is no door to bathroom so the bathroom flows into the bed room..again open lay out is cool but may not be comfortable for some people (like my boyfriend who likes his bathroom privacy).

Lobby Bar -
I would have loved to had a cocktail at lobby bar while waiting to leave for wedding, however no one was ever there. They have wine stations where you can pay for your own wine...but I always enjoy the small talk at the bar with bartender.

Roof Top Bar-
One of the primary reasons we booked this hotel was to bring the wedding back to the hotel and continue the celebration. The rooftop was PACKED and there were no benefits to being a guest of hotel, they didn’t accommodate table service or comp the cover for guests. Again very bizarre as I have stayed at the Gansevoort and guests had added perks to the rooftop.

Shuttle
This was the most disappointing of the visit. They offer free shuttle which is great...if they showed up!! As instructed we called the shuttle 30 minutes ahead of time to pick us up (~2 blocks away) however it never showed up. WE called multiple times and either had a busy tone or was told the shuttle was out on rounds. After over an hour of waiting at our venue in cold and rain the shuttle shows up...and says they were up and down the street for the past hour looking for guests. Really??? I know I had a few cocktails at the wedding but I think our group of +10 would have seen a shuttle...don’t insult our intelligence with a blatant lie!

The plus side is they have a courtesy check out til noon which helps for late sleepers (like myself). Single use coffee pod was great..Finally a hotel that understands that mini coffee pots just plain stink!!

Overall the hotel served its purpose...a place to stay for after a wedding. However given the many choices in the city, I wouldn’t stay here again.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2012

This was my first time at The Ravel and I can promise it won't be the last time! The staff was warm and genuine, the property was new, clean, tastefully decorated, and the food was delicious. Housekeeping services were outstanding! The view from my penthouse room was incredible. The room was the most comfortable I have ever stayed in. The Ravel and their staff go above and beyond. I am a Grey Goose martini drinker, and The Penthouse808 restaurant make delicious cocktails and their dinner service is great also. All in all it was a good experience and would highly recommend it. If I decide to go back to New York, I would consider staying again.

• Stayed March 2012
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2012

I stayed at the hotel this weekend, the food was delicious with a great view of the city. The next day I was a little under the weather, so I didn't really feel like leaving the room. Luckily they had room service available from 5 to 11 which was a great convenience. If you ever try the food I recommend the ravel roll, the spiced chicken wings, and the samurai burger, I will definitely come back to eat there which is great because you don't have to rent a room to dine. It's definitely going to be a great summer to party and eat at long island city definitely recommend it.

• Stayed April 2012
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2012

Never been to a fancy hotel but ravel is defifitely a hotel u cannot ignore..great service ,beautiful rooms.and at a reasonable price you cant go wrong...For sure im coming back
Isaias-easton,pa

• Stayed October 2011
Ohio City, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2012

Overall a beautiful facility. Everything was pretty much convenient within the hotel area. There are so many beautiful little restaurants down by the boulevard. Beautiful view from our room. The nightly entertainment up at their restaurant was very good. It made my husband and I feel young again. The rooms were spotless and bed was very comfortable. The staff at the Ravel were very polite and helpful at all times. I will certainly return on my next visit.

Room Tip: King Superior was really beautiful. Great view and great room!
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Ravel Hotel? Share your experiences!