“Ok Stay, if you need something outside the city” 3 of 5 stars

Ravel Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   8-08 Queens Plaza South, Long Island City, NY 11101   |
Ranked #17 of 23 hotels in Long Island City
New York City, New York
“Ok Stay, if you need something outside the city”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2012

I used the Ravel Hotel for my guest room block for my wedding that I was having at the Water's Edge in Feb 2012. In the beginning, my guest to this day let me know the truth of how hard it was to book with them. Most places you can call 24/7 and book your hotel. My guests had to book between certain hours during certain times with resulted in them calling me to try and help alleviate the situation.

In the end, it all worked out but could have run much smoother. I do have to say that the staff, Stephanie and Loren, did their best to make sure I was comfortable and that all ran smoothly.

What I really do not like about this restaurant is how they charge you for EVERYTHING! I was going to book the shuttle for my wedding for certain times (a total of 3 hrs) and they were going to charge be money even though it was complimentary for the guests to use. With all of the business I gave them during a slow winter season, I would hope that breakfast would be complimentary for my guests but they still had to pay when asked. Even though they were running a special where guests could get a free breakfast, because my guests did not book under that code, they were told they could not be relieved of the breakfast charge.

I asked for a spread of bread, fruit, etc for my suite that AM for my bridal party and they charge me another $75 even though it was the same basic food being served for the breakfast. At this point, i was too tired to argue with all of my wedding planning and just accepted the charge.

Stephanie and Loren did do a great job the days leading up to my wedding to make sure I had everything I needed:
1. Confirmed the time I could use the rooftop for my bridal pics
2. Confirmed extra tables/stools I needed for my makeup/hair artists
3. Loren even stayed late for my the night before past her normal hrs to greet me and walk through everything

All in all, its close to the water's edge so it worked out great. Stephanie and Loren were a pleasure to work with. Yet, I think this hotel still has a long way to go, especially with all of the new hotels popping up in the area.

476 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Dalsjöfors
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2012

This was our first stay in NY, it was an excellent choice of hotel!
There is really nice staff, and they loved to help us at anytime with anything. Good food in the restaurant. It was just 5-10min walk to the trainstation, *it´s nothing* no problems to get a cab if you want that instead.
The best with all was the location, you could REALLY SEE Manhattan skyline! The view is stunning, you want see that from a hotell on Manhattan!

We will come back on our next trip to NY, be sure of that!!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Northampton, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2012

My girlfriend and I were going to New York for separate business meetings we had, but decided to make a weekend out of it. Ravel Hotel was fantastic. Jorge, who was working the front desk was extremely helpful, courteous and absolutely exceeded his job responsibilities. Our room was fantastic, on the 5th floor with a great view, the food at the penthouse was delicious. My only minor issue was the openness between the bedroom and bathroom. I would say either go the whole way and really open it up, or separate the two.

Room Tip: The higher the room the better the view. Apparently the 5th floor can have some noise issues, but we...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Queens Village, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2012

I was surprised by my hubby with a stay at the king penthouse suite for 3 days! The staff was amazing, excellent customer service, very friendly and helpful. The view from the room was spectacular! The whole room was breath-taking and clean, the bed itself was super comfortable. The bathroom was very calming and relaxing. I have to say its so far the best getaway we've had and I definitely plan on coming back very soon!

Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 29, 2012

I was looking for a little surprise for my loved one, and saw that the Ravel Hotel is having a special including dinner for 2 and a complimentary bottle of champainge. PERFECT!!! From the moment we walked in, we were greeted by an upbeat staff and they made our stay a little more special. They gave us our dinner ticket, menu's and set us up with a reservation for dinner. We drove, but was told there is a shuttle service to and from the local subway. We booked a penhouse- very spacious, clean and the view was amazing!! Bathroom was very unique- loved the sliding doors. Dinner was delicious (i had the salmom, he had the steak) and the view from the Roof Top was awesome. We also decided to have breakfast upstairs, which was a very nice way to end our stay. We will definitely be staying again, and recomending our friends and family.

Room Tip: The higher the floor, the better the view!
bethlehem
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2012

I stayed at this Hotel twice now and let's just say the staff here is WONDERFUL! They accommodated us with great customer service. My favorite part of the room is the bathroom! The rooftop bar is nice too. Great space for a get together with friends. The view from my room was amazing. Looking at the bridge & the City was a nice sight to see. I would definitely recommend staying at this hotel. Next time I travel I'll be back for sure!

Room Tip: I believe our room was 510. Awesome view of the Bridge & the City.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for 4 days. The staff was very helpful and friendly. The food at the hotel was very good. Steak and Red Snapper were delicious. I would recommend to visit this hotel if you visit Long Island City for either business or pleasure.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business

Been to Ravel Hotel? Share your experiences!