“The best Kosher Deli in New York” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Delicatessen, Kosher
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Takeout, Delivery
Frankfurt, Germany
“The best Kosher Deli in New York”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

I am a New Yorker, living in Europe. When I am back in New York, I know every famous deli in the city. Katz's is fun because they filmed "When Harry Met Sally" there, starring a Long Beach, NY native, Billy Crystal. But the best food? The absolutely best lean pastrami on rye (with yellow mustard, of course!) is at the Lido Kosher Deli in Long Beach. Their other food is great, too, when I lived there, but now I don't- so family and friends ship me/bring me pastrami from this place whenever they visit. It is the "fee" for overnighting by me.

• Visited March 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Newton, Massachusetts, USA
“chicken soup for the soul (and mouth)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

We spend a weekend in Long Beach most summers, and this place is always our one must-eat spot while we're there. The menu is great, with lots of classic deli sandwiches and Kosher dinners. As others have noted, the staff is great. Ambiance is exactly what you'd expect, stripped down old deli. Servings are huge, cole slaw and pickles are on the house, what more can you say?

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Merrick, New York
“Pastrami for the soul”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

Ok so it is a typical old school kosher deli, no atmosphere and nothing on the menu to surprise anyone. This is my go to place for pastrami. Many places serve it but not this good, I live near a restaurant called the Pastrami King, and I am willing to drive to this pace for good pastrami. The taste of the pastrami takes me back to my childhood! Good fresh cut fries as well, wash it down with a Dr Browns soda and lay on the couch for a nap!

• Visited June 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
New York
“Want a pickle?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012

The only true kosher deli in town. Can you eat a hot dog anywhere else? I think not. The best pastrami and matzoh ball soup outside my grandma's kitchen.

Visited May 2012
New York City, New York
“Jewish Soul Food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2012

Jewish soul food at it's best. Pastrami, corned beef, knishes, potato and noodle pudding, world class chicken salad, and the best half sours on the planet. Prices are almost TOO low...the quality of food is exceptional.
Carlos the waiter....(: