“my beach!” 5 of 5 stars

Lido Beach, New York
19 attraction reviews
“my beach!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

After Sandy I never thought I would have a beach this summer. It is back and more beautiful than ever, Can get crowded on weekends, but so what.

Visited May 2013

North Hempstead
“My favorite beach on Long Island”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

I don't live in the town of Hempstead, but I treat myself to this beach four times a year. I would spend $100 on a dress, this beach is for my soul! I love this family beach.

Visited June 2013
Lynbrook, New York
“The perfect beach.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

I've been to many beaches on the South shore of Long Island, and this is my favorite because its only $8/car & the walk from parking lot to beach is nothing!

Visited June 2013
New York, NY, United States
5 attraction reviews
“Very expensive entrance fee...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

Being that public money is helping restore the south shore of LI back to where it was pre Sandy, I really hope that the people of the Town of Hempstead allow non town residents to enter without paying $25.

Pros:

It is a beautiful beach when compared to other LI beaches. I have been surfing this beach all my life.

The waves here are usually 1 foot bigger than other western nassau beaches when there is a swell. the place performs very well on chest to head high days with a stiff northwest wind.

I would not reccomend this beach to people who are not surfing because there is no swimming allowed.

The sand is a great white powder consistant with the Hamptons.

The people there are not what you would find at Jones Beach. You will not hear boom boxes blairing or fights breaking out among drunk, low-class teens.

Cons:

The beach entry fee is highway robbery. There is no reason why a beach should cost 25 dollars!

There are times in the summer when seaweed infests the break. I have had surf sessions when I had to pull 4 pounds of seaweed off of my leash and fins. Its gross.

In August, for what ever reasons, jellyfish tend to infest the beach more than any other beach.

The parking sucks. You are parking on gravel or grass. Pave the damn thing already.

Visited July 2012
Bellmore, New York
5 attraction reviews
“Lido Beach - Awesome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

Awesome beach slope. Awesome safe feeling (lifeguards everywhere). I love to play in the water there - especially they boogie boarding areas

Visited September 2012