“Great addition to Long Beach” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Cuban
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
New York City, New York
“Great addition to Long Beach”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2012

My husband and I went here last month for dinner. we shared empanadas and I had a cuban. I found the food to be excellent. I liked the tapas options on the menu as well as the entree and sandwhich choices. I found the prices to be reasonable for Long Beach. Nice atmosphere - romantic. I look forward to returning!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Miami
“Great Cuban Food... traditional Cuban Vibe”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2012

Went to NYC for a school reunion and ended up at the Cuban Crocodile with some friends...wow what great food and drinks. We had a blast and cant wait to go back.

Hasta Pronto Amigos.....

• Visited February 2012
“Great find!!!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2012

sensible portions, accommodating smiling staff, delicious traditional meals and great value. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone! Go!!!!

Visited March 2012
Long Beach, New York
“Authentic Cuban Atmosphere and Cuisine”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2012

Having visited Havana a few months ago, I was so eager to try this new Long Beach restaurant featuring Cuban cuisine. What a great evening and such a wonderful reminder of the trip. Loved and ambience and the food. Prices were very reasonable and the menu had many choices. The coup de gras was the server giving us the check in a mini-cigar box - nice touch!! Given the lack of Cuban restaurants on Long Island, this one is a really welcome addition.

Lido Beach
“Great Cuban Cuisine!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2012

We tried to go to Cuban Crocodile last week but it was packed! A 45 minute wait on Saturday night. Good to know they take reservations. After making reservations for three on a Friday night there was no wait time. We were seated at the table in the front area (next time I'll ask for a back table). The mojitos were excellent ( a little pricey, but excellent). We ordered the fried plantains and the chorizo for appetizers. The chorizo was excellent; cooked different than I'm used to in a sauce with onions; yum! The fried plantains were similar to potato chips. It came with a garlicky dipping sauce that was very good. For dinner we ordered the Ropa Vieja which was a generous portion and delicious! The shredded beef (of the Ropa Vieja) was very tasty! We also had the pork dish (I forgot the name of it) It was sliced pork with the skin which was very crispy and good. That was the best value for the dollar! I wouldn't order the steak again; it was the most expensive item on the nenu and it was a 1/4 inch thick; I thought I should be a little thicker than a minute steak; though it was good! It came with great mojo sauce that we used on the pork as well. Nice touch was the complementary dessert shot of cocoa liquor and cream! Great way to end the meal! Overall delicious meal; will definitely go back and try some of the tapas.