“Scenic!” 5 of 5 stars

Cross street: National Blvd
Long Beach, New York
“Scenic!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

The view was excellent, the service outstanding and the food was delicious!! You can go rain or shine and just people watch or watch the waves!

Visited July 2012

Long Island, New York
“Not at all worth it.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

I’m sorry to report that on 8-5-12 my husband and I were very disappointed with the Sunday Brunch at the Allegria Hotel in Long Beach, NY. Our dear friend gave as a gift a certificate for 2 brunches, total $120.00 but to our surprise, the bill came to $167.21 without any extras. No extra drinks, tip not included. We also had 1pm reservations. Well, that meant nothing to the wait staff. We arrived at 12:45pm. When we got off the elevator no one was present to greet us, the staff was running around bumping into each other, and no attention was paid to us for at least 5-10 minutes. Finally, someone told us to wait by the elevators and eventually we got to speak to a hostess. Not that it was much of a help… All tables on the ocean side were taken. The city side was being set up. We, along with another couple, refused to sit on the city side, as the ocean view is the main reason to come to this hotel/restaurant. The hostess offered us a free drink as we waited…and waited… and waited….for an hour. Let me remind you, we DID have a reservation. Anyway, once we were seated we had a lovely view, but the brunch food was picked-over, the shrimp cocktail was STEAMING HOT (supposed to be chilled), and there was no lobster in sight. After another half hour, and asking four different people for lobster, it finally arrived. No one ever came to the table to greet us. The service was so-so. And to top it all off, the mimosas were served in PLASTIC GLASSES… yes, PLASTIC. Let me remind you, we paid over $160 for two people and we have to drink out of plastic?! Give me a break. All this poor service and a $15.00 charge for valet parking to add to the insult. Other than the view, this brunch was a disaster and a complete rip-off.

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Catskill, New York
“One of the best”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

I went there for lunch. My partner and I shared bouillabaise and a platter of 7 sides. The fish was fresh and beautifully prepared, the soup/sauce was great, and the sides were also fresh and cooked just a little, exactly the way I like vegetables; they included brussels sprouts, asparagus, and mashed parsnip potatoes. For dessert we shared a brownie that was somewhat undercooked and not very rich in chocolate, I'd give it a C+. The service was excellent, and the view of boardwalk and beach is the best in Long Beach without being outdoors. The atmosphere/decor was over the top glitz, reminded me of Miami Beach in 1960, not to my taste, but I focused on boardwalk and beach and food. Overall, I'd rate it as one of the very best restaurants in Long Beach, and priced accordingly. I'd definitely go there again, but maybe avoid dessert.

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“The bad reviews are true. I chose to ignore them and tried to give it a chance.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2012 via mobile

Its on the beach, it was my wifes birthday so we chose to ignore the reviews. The atmosphers is ok and by that i mean you can sit by the window and look out at the beach. The service sucks. Remember this is a hotel... And not a cheap one. we sat down and were ignored for 20 min. It was far from busy. The only thing that was busy was the waitresses standing around jabbering together. In all fairness i didnt expect manhattan quality food and would have been ok with whatever they served. But crappy service really bothers me.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Bethpage, New York
“Mini Vacation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2012

The only reason we went to the Atlantica Restaurant is because the band we like was playing on the roof top lounge in the hotel the Atlantica is located in.
When we first arrived in Long Beach, which is 1/2 hr. from our home, we found the retaurant to be very posh and "fluffy" and my boyfriend didn't think he was going to like it. Well, in this case, the food being as excellent as it was actually made the whole place more to our liking! We made friends with the two tables next to us...the matre de and waiters were very friendly & gave us passes to see the band after dinner.
Ok - dinnertime -- Tuna Tar Tar - big portion and so so good! So fresh...boyfriend got Lobster Risoto, which I read about and boy was the review right!! It had a yellow sauce and lots of chunks of lobster meat -- my mouth is watering thinking about it!! I had grilled Salmon which was good and we also order Boullabaise, which had the same sauce as the Risotto - score! Dessert was an unbelievable blueberry crumb ice cream thing -- delish! Couple Cappachino's & Amaerttos and we were set to see the band up on the rooftop!
I should write a review separately about the Allegria Hotel, the hotel that the Atlantica restaurant is located in. It was so beautiful with entertainment offered all the time. Our band was great & it was getting late so we went down & checked into a room! We were then able to go down to the Mezzzine level and dance to the DJ until 2am! Checked out the next morning...(in our dinner clothes! lol) and went home to Bethpage! Unexpected mini vacation on a Friday night - with excellent food, location (right on the beach & boardwalk by the way!), beautiful room and great entertainment! Enjoy!

• Visited May 2012