“Great place with friendly service” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Long Beach Hotel

You added Long Beach Hotel to your Saves list
Long Beach Hotel
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   405 East Broadway, Long Beach, NY 11561 (Formerly Jackson by the Beach)   |
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Long Beach
New York City, New York
“Great place with friendly service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

This is a comfortable, clean and friendly hotel in Long Beach. The front desk is great and very helpful. You can rent chairs for the beach, which is a short block away. The rooms are great and on the smaller side. Given you're at the beach, why spend time in the room anyway?
It is on the far side from town and about a 15 minute walk to the train station. Not a huge deal as there are plenty of taxis.
Lively bar on Thurs and Fri nights from what I saw.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Mercer Island, Washington, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

Having stayed in hotels all over the world and the U.S., this was a disappointment. The rooms are very small without even a chair or desk, there is no coffee maker or hair dryer in the room, and the paint is so thick on the doors that the bathroom door did not close at all! The room door required a full body push to open it. The bathroom is tiny, as is the closet, and the closet door hung in a way that makes it difficult to open or close. The elevator did not work, so we had to carry bags up the stairs to our room. Staff was very friendly and tried to help, frequently asking if we wanted to order anything from the restaurant. Rates are definitely too high for the quality of the rooms. Food and drink are also quite pricey - $5.00 for a bottled beer! Buffet breakfast, which is limited, is $12.95. Interestingly, we were asked to sign the credit card voucher upon check-in, rather than at check-out, which is what every other hotel I've ever stayed in has us do! Were they afraid we would leave in the middle of our week-long stay?? As an aside, there is no fitness center, no pool, and no business center. The hotel management seems to think being a block from the beach is sufficient reason to charge high rates.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Long Beach hotels

3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

The hotel just opened so despite a few bumps along the way we were pretty pleased. This isn't a luxury hotel (and they don't bill themselves as such) but it has a lot to say for itself.

Here are the pros: spotless rooms, a block from the beach, super-friendly staff, really nice bar and restaurant.

The cons: The elevator was broken and had been since Sandy. Thats cool but maybe don't put the beleagured family (us) with the huge stroller, baby and bags on the third floor (they did have a staffer carry stuff up for us AND the elevator is supposed to be working soon). Get some WiFi up in those rooms (come on its not 1997). Add some blackout shades! Also the bed was not very comfortable.

Regardless. If you are coming to Long Beach to hit the waves, drink some drinks this is a pretty solid place to stay.

New York, NY, USA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

After reading the reviews here, I really wasn't expecting to have a great experience. But we wanted to check out the boardwalk (partly open now) and get some sun. There is really almost no place to stay in Long Beach, which has to be the only reason this place stays in business.

So yes, small crappy rooms. Bad or no renovations. Ugly bathrooms with cracked tiles and tacky fixtures. Old, chipped paint in hallways. No parking available nearby. Everything everyone else has complained about are totally true.

But there are a few things that really made this stay miserable:

1) My online reservation never went through. I booked online at their website the week before and they had no record of me. Luckily (or not as it turned out) they had a room available for me.

2) The elevator was out of order. I thought this was a temporary thing but the sign says "thanks Sandy". Ok, I'm sorry but that excuse might have been ok in the winter, not 9 MONTHS AFTER THE STORM. That meant that I had a 4 story walk up every time I wanted to get to my room. This is disgraceful. I'm amazed they haven't had an American with Disabilities Act lawsuit yet.

3) My toilet didn't flush. We noticed this right away and told the front desk on our way out the door for the day. When we came back in the evening, we used the restroom and it still wouldn't flush. Disgusting.

All of this for $212.00/night

What a total waste of time and money.

I understand that they have a duopoly with the other hotel, but by continuing to provide such disgraceful accommodations, they are only making sure that people like me will never stay in Long Beach again. Maybe I'll go to the beach on a day trip, but spend the night? Have dinner out? Go shopping in town? No way. The city of Long Beach deserves better than this POS hovel (not a spelling error).

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

I live in NYC. I been surfing long beach my whole life. From penn to the long beach is about a 40 min ride. The hotel is in the best spot if you like to surf or buggie board. Lincolin blvd has by far the best break for surfing and your wallet. A long week end Friday to Monday will coast you about $350 total, for 3 day. If you can complain about that go to the other hotel were $350 gets you a street view a night. And $9 for a beer.
The rooms are a bit small, but who goes to long beach to stay at an over priced hotel? The happy hour is the best in town. Beautiful young people with nice tans. Oh yea. This was my 3 visit and the hotel looks better every time. If you haven't been to long beach check it out. There is something for everyone. The massage is AAA along with waves. Get out of the city and go.

Room Tip: Beach, Happy hour, west end bars, sleep & repete.
East Atlantic Beach, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

I've been to the other hotels in Long Beach. They charge an $9 a beer for happy hour that place is not for me.
Te Long Beach Hotel is my favorite. Its across the street from the best surf spot on long Island. 40 min train from NYC. THe happy hour is 4-7 #4 bottles & $4 drinks. All the rooms ate between $189-$159. If you stay in long beach odds are you will want to be at the beach and not pay NCY prices for a drink. This is the right spot for me. Now my friends and I have a new place to go out on the week end. Friday to Monday. It's the place local go to have fun. There is a bar on every conner. You can see the fireworks from your room. Thank you Long Beach Hotel for making the beach week end affordable.

Room Tip: I've been to the other hotels in Long Beach. They charge an $9 a beer for happy hour that place...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
long beach ny
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

the food was very, very good......the service was very, very bad. had to get up to ask for silverware after apps. were served....wife ordered second drink...after about 15 minutes I had to get up again to get her drink at the bar. no one ever checked on us during our meal. this is the fault of management. may try it again...live two blocks away..if the service sucks again..won't return

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Long Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!