“Excellent hotel ! Excellent service by Mrs Sklar” 4 of 5 stars

Allegria Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   80 West Broadway, Long Beach, NY 11561   |
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Long Beach
Montreal
“Excellent hotel ! Excellent service by Mrs Sklar”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2011

Impeccably clean and tastefully decorated. Views were amazing. Spacious and homely.
Didnt taste the restaurant. Room service - food was average and very over-priced.

We were there as our flight was canceled but the staff were helpful.

Mrs Sklar was the most helpful front desk manager (may be related in someway to the owner!). She was the best.

As far as prices go, United States always suck as there are so many hidden charges and agenda. It always seems that US seems to be cheap but overall people are greedy and you pay for every little movement you make! Capitalism at its worst.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (139)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2011

The staff when I checked in was pleasant, the room was pretty on the surface but my socks told a different story! The floor was caked with dirt and the sheets were nasty. The pillows are huge and so uncomfortable. When I called for different ones, the response " everyone hates our pillows but that is all we have" The restaurant is way overpriced but pretty. The food was just okay. The walls are paper thin and most of the staff is bothered by calls and questions. When I checked out I overheard the desk clerk say she hated her job under her breath, i was inches away and I had to agree, I would hate to work there too! Stay somewhere else, even if it is out of your way!!!! Trust me!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Long Beach hotels

New Paltz, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2010

I must have called down to the front desk ten times durning my stay. I forgot my toothbrush and tooth paste, needed a wake up call, wanted to leave keys for my friends, had to get my car out of the valet and each time the girls who aswered the phones werre friendly and not the least bit annoyed that I was calling over and over again. When my girlfriends and I were ready to leave for the night, we went to the front desk and were given all different suggestions for restaurants and local places to go. We had so much fun, I can't wait to come back in the summer.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with friends
Philadelphia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2010

My fiance & I stayed at the Allegria Hotel this past weekend for a family event. Right away we were greeted by staff with bad attitudes...they couldn't even crack a smile?? When we arrived to our so called hotel room aka broom closet...we were very disappointed. The rooms are extremely small! And to top it off our room was FREEZING. We tried to turn up the heat but the thermostat was broke.Literally my fiance turned on the hot shower just to warm our room. I called down to the front desk twice...and both times they were rude and said they would send someone up to fix it. Two hours later and no response, my fiance went down to the front desk and asked for us to be switched to another room. They eventually switched us to another room...with yet another broken thermostat. We pretty much gave up because we had to get ready for a family event. As we were getting ready the bathroom fixtures were falling apart. The sink almost fell on the floor if you slightly leaned on it & the toilet paper holder fell on the groun at the slightest touch. It was absolutely ridiculous! Then when we tried to fall asleep later that night...we could hear everything in other hotel rooms and the hallway. The walls are paper thin. So needless to say the next morning we were freezing & exhausted. We spoke with other hotel guests and they had the same complaints.

We will never stay here again. Everything is overpriced, falling apart, and the customer service sucks!!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
cherry hill
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2010

Although we had some initial mishaps - they couldn't find our pre paid reservation and we did have to change rooms, all our contact with the hotel staff was very pleasant. We were in town for a black tie wedding with our two daughters. As we were getting dressed, we found that the zipper of my daughter's dress would not budge. After numerous tries and screams and fights and not imagining what they could possibly do, but not knowing what else to do, I called down to the front desk for assistance. They responded immediately. Both the front desk manager and the lovely clerk came up to assist us. When we all acknowledged it could not be fixed, the clerk insisted on going to her home a block or so away and returned with several choices of coktail dresses for my daughter to borrow. They were all lovely and saved the day. We could not thank them enough and offered money and gifts, which they graciously declined. I have to say they delivered service above and beyond.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
springfield, nj
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2010

My son and daughter in law had their wedding reception here. The hotel was beautiful and immaculately clean. The food was amazing!!! We have traveled extensively throughout the years and this hotel is one of the best. I would recommend it to everyone looking for a relaxing vacation on the ocean... The staff was fantastic.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Yonkers, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2010

i was married there in september 2010, i read alot of reveiws about the hotel and staff and most were horrific, i have to be honest these reveiws must be about another hotel named allegria or the people writing these reveiws are from competing hotels or these people are from another planet. Our experiance was nothing less than awesome, fun, relaxing,memorable...and i still cant beleive how accomodating the staff was before ,during & after the wedding...we were so happy with everything that we decided to celebrate our one year anniversary there next year...they totally treated us like family. If you decide to book an event there ask for Ginny jacobs.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Allegria Hotel? Share your experiences!