“If I Could Give it 0 Stars, I Would” 1 of 5 stars

Allegria Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   80 West Broadway, Long Beach, NY 11561   |
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Long Beach
Massapequa Park, NY
“If I Could Give it 0 Stars, I Would”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

Very disappointing for a 4 star hotel. We have been staying at the Allegria since it opened because it is so conveniently located to my dad's apartment, but I am done waiting for things to improve in this hotel.Major problems with shower, like little or no hot water, handheld shower was not working (engineer told us this had been broken for a while, but no one mentioned it to us upon check-in). The personal safes in the rooms have not been working since the hotel opened. All rooms have very low water pressure. Internet service is charged for every device - on top of the already inflated room charges. Internet wasn't working when we first arrived. Staff seems fairly helpless to do anything to improve the experience. I guess their motto is, they are really the only hotel in town, so people are stuck if they want/need to stay in Long Beach. Not quite the philosophy you would want from a hotel that on average charges $300 per night. Quite frankly, not the attitude you want from any priced hotel or motel that you stay at. Never again!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
Belgium
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

Visited for a business lunch, so didn't sleep over.
Location is great ; building is very neat. Restaurant staff very friendly, food really nice.
Definitely going to stay here for a few nights on my next visit to NYC.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
NewYork
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

I booked this hotel from a deal off of travel zoo and let me tell you i would do it again! My boyfriend lives out of state so he wanted to spend a weekend with me. and i by chance found this last minute. As a girl frm longisland i wasnt very skeptical i knew it would be nice because i mean long beach is a very nice area but i was a little nervous because they are still kind of recovering from sandy. But i will say the hotel is BEAUTIFUL and kinda upscale if u ask me. when we got there it was very hectic with teenage girls all over but thats because the hotel hosts paties and weddings. Its literally on the beach and i was so mad that it was too cold to go to the beach. We were able to upgrade to a beachfront view free of charge with the promotion we bought. It came with a little breakfast in the morning which was cool.

The only reason why im giving them a four is because they sent us up to a room that wasnt ready and the shower is kind of weird(water pressure low and no shower door that closes) and there was hair in the shower drain. But im not too fancy i removed the hair myself (i know ,yuck!) otherwise it was veryyyyyy beautiful.The room was small but it was just us two so it was perfect.

My baby and i enjoyed our little weekend getaway and we plan on doing it again. one thing i will say though, is try to get a deal otherwise its very expensive. we paid like 4235 for two nights in a beacfront room plus 330 for taxes they ask for $100 for incidentals but hey return it to u upon checkout if everything is intact. will post pix soon.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

On the beach not far from JFK....very modern hotel and excellent comforts...however the dining service is appalling, had to ask for several items several times to no avail, waiting forever for ordered breakfast....and bar services the same , let it down badly for me.....

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Windsor, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

Everything about this place looked good but nothing really worked! Our room had no toilet roll in it at all, no coffee maker and my pet hate, no duvet just scratchy blankets. Our tv also had no signal and if you called front desk they either didn't answer or if they did, their promise of an engineer took forever to materialise! I definitely wouldn't stay here if my company wasn't paying!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

On the one hand if you are coming in from a big city with no access to the beach how could long beach not be an improvement. But, you could do much better for your money. This place is very inconsistent. You * MIGHT * get good service, good food, or a good clean room. On the other hand, you might not. For my money not such good odds.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Philadelphia, PA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

I should start my review by saying that I am probably not the target customer for this hotel.I stayed here with my wife and two young children because I had to attend a family function on Long Beach and this was the only hotel in town.

The hotel itself is very nice, new, and clean. If hurricane sandy cause the much damage they did a great job of cleaning it up because it was not noticeable inside the hotel. The town of Long Beach, however, still have some work to do cleaning up from the storm as of April 2013. The boardwalk is not yet rebuilt and the streets still need repair.

The staff was extremely professional and polite. The hotel is clearly designed for weekend getaways at the beach.

For me, however, the hotel sacrifices function for form.they clearly put a lot of thought into the modern design of the room which was not your typical family hotel. The hardwood floors oddly shaped windows, see through doors etc. were very nice, but not what I was looking for.

I would have preferred carpeting instead of hardwood floors a shower with an actual door on it,and larger beds. Either the hotel has no rooms with two queen beds or none were available so we had to make do with 4 people in two full size beds.

It is also a pet peeve of mine when a hotel does not include parking and Internet in the cost of the room. I stay at many less expensive hotels that offer these free amenities and cannot understand one more expensive hotels I think it appropriate to charge extra for what I consider basic services.

We were also disappointed to find the rooftop pool was closed and that we could not even get on the rooftop to view the stars at night.

I am also not from the New York area and would never consider a beach vacation in such a congested area. All that said, if you like New York beaches, would like to try a new and interesting hotel,you may very well like this hotel. If you are like me and have young children and are looking for a family friendly hotel, you might be happier elsewhere.

Room Tip: You have to pay extra for you, but it is well worth it if you want a few at all.