“Miami feel” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Long Beach
ireland
“Miami feel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

On the beach not far from JFK....very modern hotel and excellent comforts...however the dining service is appalling, had to ask for several items several times to no avail, waiting forever for ordered breakfast....and bar services the same , let it down badly for me.....

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (139)
Windsor, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

Everything about this place looked good but nothing really worked! Our room had no toilet roll in it at all, no coffee maker and my pet hate, no duvet just scratchy blankets. Our tv also had no signal and if you called front desk they either didn't answer or if they did, their promise of an engineer took forever to materialise! I definitely wouldn't stay here if my company wasn't paying!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Long Beach hotels

New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

On the one hand if you are coming in from a big city with no access to the beach how could long beach not be an improvement. But, you could do much better for your money. This place is very inconsistent. You * MIGHT * get good service, good food, or a good clean room. On the other hand, you might not. For my money not such good odds.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Philadelphia, PA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

I should start my review by saying that I am probably not the target customer for this hotel.I stayed here with my wife and two young children because I had to attend a family function on Long Beach and this was the only hotel in town.

The hotel itself is very nice, new, and clean. If hurricane sandy cause the much damage they did a great job of cleaning it up because it was not noticeable inside the hotel. The town of Long Beach, however, still have some work to do cleaning up from the storm as of April 2013. The boardwalk is not yet rebuilt and the streets still need repair.

The staff was extremely professional and polite. The hotel is clearly designed for weekend getaways at the beach.

For me, however, the hotel sacrifices function for form.they clearly put a lot of thought into the modern design of the room which was not your typical family hotel. The hardwood floors oddly shaped windows, see through doors etc. were very nice, but not what I was looking for.

I would have preferred carpeting instead of hardwood floors a shower with an actual door on it,and larger beds. Either the hotel has no rooms with two queen beds or none were available so we had to make do with 4 people in two full size beds.

It is also a pet peeve of mine when a hotel does not include parking and Internet in the cost of the room. I stay at many less expensive hotels that offer these free amenities and cannot understand one more expensive hotels I think it appropriate to charge extra for what I consider basic services.

We were also disappointed to find the rooftop pool was closed and that we could not even get on the rooftop to view the stars at night.

I am also not from the New York area and would never consider a beach vacation in such a congested area. All that said, if you like New York beaches, would like to try a new and interesting hotel,you may very well like this hotel. If you are like me and have young children and are looking for a family friendly hotel, you might be happier elsewhere.

Room Tip: You have to pay extra for you, but it is well worth it if you want a few at all.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Manhattan, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

my family needed a break from manhattan,so we researched where there was a hotel near water and was not too far too travel too.we eventually settled on this location,we were a little nervous travelling there as one or two people had negative reviews.well we were BLOWN away by the food and the staff period.This hotel rocks ,the service was amazing and the roof deck pool and the bar called jacks on the rocks was superb as bar owners we were surprised how well this hotel is operates top notch as we say.Do yourself a favour and take your family here for a mini vaca,plus its literally on the beach and you can leave and take amazing walks after meals on the beach.we will return this summer guaranteed..whoever operates this hotel gets a thumbs up from my family and job well done

Room Tip: a suite on the beach hands down
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

My husband and I decided to get away from the city for the weekend and wanted to be near the water. We were pleasantly surprised of how beautiful this hotel was. We had a!room overlooking the ocean, which was very clean and decorated with a streamlined design. Had drinks at the bar Saturday night, overlooking the ocean and a fabulous brunch on Sunday. The staff was extremely friendly and accommodating. Would recommend highly. Perfect weekend away!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
bethpge
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

From their beautifully re-built lobby to their stunning bar, and new roof top pool area, the Allegria is a place you must see. I visited over the weekend for an over night with my mom and daughter and we had the most relaxing , enjoyable stay ever. The staff was so attentive to our every need, they were friendly and polite. The rooms were so clean and gorgeous, and what an amazing scenery ! I loved working out in the gym because it overlooked the beach, it was mesmerizing.
The Allegria out did themselves with Sunday brunch for sure, it was out of this world. They had stations set up from steak, chicken, lobster, shrimp, crab legs, sushi, even a make your own egg omlet station, and so much more. The desert table was mouth watering, everything was so fresh and delicious. My mom still can not stop talking about her stay there. My daughter is now inquiring about maybe having her wedding there.... I am looking forward to going back in the summer to enjoy the beach. I love it at the Allegria Hotel..

Terry M

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Been to Allegria Hotel? Share your experiences!