“Salt and Fat” 1 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Lake Placid, New York
“Salt and Fat”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Our experience at Manhattan's was one of the worst dining experiences I have had in a long time. Service was slow, our food came out cold, they put a basket of pizza bread on the table that was too burned to eat. The lamb was undercooked and tough, the baked fish was dry. Dipping oil on the table was too salty to eat. Was expensive for the quality. If you like TV dinners or On Cor entrees, this place is for you.

Visited January 2013

Lyndonville, New York
“Dinner with Deal Chicken at Manhattan's”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

I purchased a Deal Chicken coupon for Manhattan's. It was a deal of paying $30 for $60 worth of food. My husband and I had never been there before but figured for that value it was worth a try. When we arrivedat 5:30 we were the only ones there. The driveway was difficult to get into in the dark because it is uphill and not too well marked. Turns out it was worth looking for. The service was very good. Bartender and waitress were friendly and pleasant and explained the specials well. The food was very good overall. We had sausage cakes for an appetizer. These were the low point of the meal. They were a bit overcooked for my liking. My husband had a Early Bird special steack with a salad and it was flavored well. I had the surf and turf which was reasonable priced and tasted very good. We each had 2 cocktails which were quite reasoanbly priced for Happy Hour- house wine=$3 and beer=$2. Overall we enjoyed it. I came right home and bought another Deal Chiecken offfer for the restaurant. This one is $25 for $50. For all we ate and drank (very full and brought some home), the total was only $59.

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Tonawanda, New York
“Awful food and terrible customer service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2012

We have been to this restaurant many times with friends. We stopped in tonight to find the water glass and fork dirty. That was just the beginning. I ordered their special that was supposed to be a sirloin steak with onions and cheese melted on top. I asked for it well done. When I received the steak, it was cooked fine but I could not cut the steak and when I eventually got a piece into my mouth, I couldn't chew it. Tried a piece from the other end of the steak and that was just as bad. The steak was full of fat and grissle. I told the waitress and she went to the chef to see what could be done. She came back and said the chef said they can't do anything for me because I ordered the steak well done. I told her the steak was cooked fine, it was full of fat and was a bad piece of meat. She apologized and said they can't do anything. We go out to dinner every week and I have never had such bad customer service. What about offering another steak, something else off the menu, a dessert. But to say they can't do anything? And of course, the owner was not present, so the so called "chef" was running the show! I will never step foot in this place again. And either will our friends. My one star rating is for the poor waitress that had to deliver such a stupid reply from the chef. Her service was excellent.

• Visited June 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Medina, New York
“ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2012

TERRIBLE! Four of us decided to try this restaurant because we have never been there before. Well, upon arrival the outside looked very shabby. Deck is old and needs restaining. The trim around the outside had paint peeling. No landscaping. Once we got inside, it wasn't any better. The paint was peeling on the wainscoting, wires for the speakers hanging from the walls, very little decor. But, we were willing to overlook that if the food was good. Unfortunately it was awful. I ordered seafood bisque which said on the menu it was flambeed. When I asked the waitress about it, she had no clue what I was talking about. When the soup came out, she gave me a shot glass of sherry on the side. Did she expect me to pour the sherry on myslef and light it? The soup was so terribly salty, that I only ate the seafood out of it. My husband took one spoonful and gagged bec. it was so salty. And it cost $9.00! Complained to the waitress and asked her to let the chef know. The bread was stale pizza bread that came with tasteless dipping oil. Awful. The salad was good. I ordered stuffed orange roughy with a cream sauce. That too was terribly salty. My husband had a strip steak that was very fatty. The couple we were with ordered filet mignon that was overcookedand had a stange taste. My friend's fries were overcooked, obviously in old oil and inedible. In fact a table near us had three kids who all ordered fries and the kids refused to eat them. When my friend complained about the fries they offered another side dish. He ordered smashed potatoes which were cold and had a very strange gummy texture. We all complained about our dinners and asked to have money taken off our bills. The hostess offered a free dessert, but we are not dessert eaters. Again we asked to have money taken off our bills, but the hostess said that because we ate our meals, they couldn't do that. I said that we ate only SOME of the meal because we were hungry! She ended off taking only $2.00 off of each bill, pathetic. She said because the owner wasn't there, she couldn't do any more. POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE!! TERRIBLE CHEF. WE WILL NEVER GO THERE AGAIN. WHAT A WASTE OF TIME AND MONEY!!

• Visited May 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Maine
“A little pricey, but sooooo tasty”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2012 via mobile

I stopped in here just before their 9pm closing. The staff weren't at all put off and seemed happy to serve. I was here on "Tapas Tuesday" which was a great opportunity to sample small portions from a menu of about 20 different items (and they had some really unique offerings). I had seafood bisque ($7) and steak Oscar ($9). This was kinda pricey for the amount served, but the food was delicious! I will definitely return next time I'm in town.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere