“Clean room, not to bad” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #11 of 12 Hotels in Liverpool
“Clean room, not to bad”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

Nothing fancy, but hey I don't need fancy. Only knock is the lack of even a baby fridge, just enough for a couple of pops to be kept cold. I do agree that the bathroom is small but not bad, could use a little more room. Free internet is a plus for me. Several places charge for any access

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Jeremiah T, Manager at Holiday Inn Syracuse/Liverpool Airport Hotel, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
David V

Thank you for letting us know about the time you spent with us. I saw that you were disappointed that a fridge was not in the room, although we do not have enough refrigerators for the entire property we do have have some, and if you just let us know when you book the room we will be happy to give it to you as long as they are available. We hope should you travel back to Syracuse you stay with us again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Hamilton, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

Booked this hotel thru Priceline like I do all my hotels. What a huge disappointment. The room has no microwave, no fridge, and there is no complimentary breakfast, Is this 1990? Bathroom is really small with no fan and a toilet that they had to cut out a bit of the counter to fit it in. Old and dirty bathroom with moldy dirty shower curtain. Flat screen tv but very small. Room is very old and dated. Many hotels nearby that are much better at a better price. Would not stay here again..

Room Tip: Avoid any rooms in this hotel and stay in Staybridge suites next door.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Jeremiah T, Manager at Holiday Inn Syracuse/Liverpool Airport Hotel, responded to this review, May 16, 2014
Laurmich96

We appreciate you leaving your review and letting us know about the recent stay you had. Without feedback from our guests we cannot grow as a company, should you decide to stay with us again we do offer fridges available upon requests, and also offer a special price that includes breakfast if you book directly with the hotel.
Middletown, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014

Pros - Nice and new lobby, exterior, conference areas. Very friendly and accommodating staff. Tons of parking, free wifi, recycle bin in room, updated HVAC with thermostat, in room coffee. Medium room(use some of the room for the bath- see below)
Cons- areas of property need TLC - fitness center is below par, bathroom needs updating and is very, very small- one of the smallest bathrooms I've ever used. No fridge.
All above not a deal breaker, but if a choice for newer property at similar rate, would opt for the other property.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Jeremiah T, Manager at Holiday Inn Syracuse/Liverpool Airport Hotel, responded to this review, April 25, 2014
Walter B

Thank you for leaving us the review about your recent stay with us. We love hearing from our guests how they feel about our property. We hope that if you return to our area you give us another chance.
Carneys Point, New Jersey, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

Overall Note: What a Holiday Inn should be!

Location: Located right off the highway and easy to get into and out of. Centrally located if you are looking to be near Syracuse U. and don’t want to stay downtown. Lots of shopping with-in a short drive. There is really nice park nearby if you want to get out and walk/run or just enjoy the lake.

Appearance: Well maintained and kept well.

General Up-Keep: Very good. Not much to find wrong except for some sloppy painting in the hallway.

Staff: Front Desk was very friendly and helpful and swift, not to chatty, a business persons dream!

Workout room: If I were to find a weakness with this location, the workout room was converted guest room and the equipment was weak for a full blown Holiday Inn. Equipment that was in there was in OK shape but worn. The bike did not seem to work properly or I am getting really strong?

Pool: Did not use, but looked in good shape. Folks were using it.

Restaurant: There is a restaurant, I did not eat there. I did peek at the menu and it looked pretty good and they had a vegetarian menu.

Room: My room was on the 4th floor and a king. Plenty of room in the room, but the bathroom was small. Room was very up to date with plenty of outlets for modern travelers. Room had a fridge, desk and nice chair, comfy chair and ottoman. Overall nice clean décor. Room was clean and bed comfy.

Internet & TV: Internet was strong (streamed Netflix) and the TV was up to date with a wide selection of channels. Some channels froze and I could not get HBO to come in.

Overall Report: As a business traveler, this is what I expect for a 3 star hotel. This Holiday Inn is one of the nicer ones I have been in a long time. (A lot of them are dated and run down.) I felt very comfortable here and it met my needs for work also. Got this room off of Priceline bidding $48.00

Would I come back: Yes

Would I bring my wife and family: Yes

Reason for this trip: Business

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Richard9i

Thank you for leaving us such a detailed review, it's not only helpful to future guests but to the hotel itself. It lets us know exactly how we are doing in the eyes of our guests too. We hope to see you again if your travels bring you back to the Syracuse area.
Ithaca, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2014

The facilities are for the most part attractive - there are some nice sitting areas near the lobby with a fireplace and the rooms are colorful and well decorated/furnished. It was clean, comfortable and had all the amenities you would expect. The bathroom was super small, with the toilet being installed at an angle to get it to fit. I ate a few meals here (at the hotel, not the bathroom!) and they were good, but a bit on the pricey side. From my room I could hear an intermittent mystery noise that never let up day or night, but if you keep the fan on for the HVAC unit, the sound was pretty well masked. In the "con" column: I couldn't check in upon arrival because their computer was down, and one of the two elevators was not working and the place was packed so I wound up taking the stairs to my top floor room, but maybe that was God forcing me to exercise more. There's a small indoor pool, but I didn't try it out. Good spaces for conferences.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Jeremiah T, Manager at Holiday Inn Syracuse/Liverpool Airport Hotel, responded to this review, February 18, 2014
Barbc1111

Thank you for letting us know about the recent stay with us. We apologize about the issues you had with our system and elevators, we appreciate you letting us know though. We loved to hear you enjoyed the furnishings our property provides, we hope if you travel this way again you come back and join us.
Barrington, RI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

Stayed here on business while in Liverpool. The hotel is just off the highway and set back from the road. There is a large conference center here and the hotel is very clean and updated. The room itself was large and clean, but the bathroom is very small. Fine for me but may be a slight issue for someone else. The bathroom is so small that the toilet has to be at an angle or the door would hit it. Nice pool, nice exercise room and the staff is very friendly. There are plenty of restaurants close by and Syracuse University is 15 minutes away. A nice stop.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Jeremiah T, Manager at Holiday Inn Syracuse/Liverpool Airport Hotel, responded to this review, January 29, 2014
Thomasfrank

Thank you for posting a review for our property. We always want to hear about both positives and negatives that you experience during the time you spend with us. We hope that if you travel again into Syracuse you come decide to choose us again.
Syracuse, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

I stayed there in October with a wedding group and loved my stay. The woman at check in was very friendly. She helped us connect to the internet, we had browser trouble with firewalls and she walked us through it. The rooms were very nice, and clean. We had a great time at the hotel, and would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Jeremiah T, Manager at Holiday Inn Syracuse/Liverpool Airport Hotel, responded to this review, January 6, 2014
Samantha H

Thank you for leaving us the glowing review, we loved hearing about the stay.

Been to Holiday Inn Syracuse/Liverpool Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!