“A Home away from Home...” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #2 of 12 hotels in Liverpool
Auditor
“A Home away from Home...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2010

I have stayed at many locations the past 9 years and this hotel is by far the best. The great breakfast and suppers they provide and the friendly and helpful staff made my stay enjoyable. I would highly recommend anyone that needs to stay in the Syracuse area to try out Homewood Suites, you will be pleasantly surprised.
Bruce Brimmer

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business

226 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
West Hartford, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2010

Keeping in mind we had a quick stay at this hotel, I didn't get to check everything out that I normally would, but it was a perfect stay and well worth it, I would stay here again.

The trip actually came up last minute for something family related, so I book the hotel from my house the day of the stay, so the prices were a bit high for being last minute, but I used my Hilton Honors Points for a free room. We got the hotel a little but past midnight, and checking in was a breeze. The person there was very helpful in telling us our room, where we should park, and what part of the hotel to walk in on. We then just stayed in the "Lodge" (the breakfast area) and had a cup of tea, then went to go park.

The room was very nice. It was clean and had a very nice vibe to it, the bed was very big for a King, and quite comfortable and cozy. The kitchen was very up-to-date, along with the TV's. The seperate rooms were a plus (bedroom, living room, kitchen).

In the morning for breakfast we left the room and went to the "Lodge" for breakfast. The "Lodge" and check in, by the way, had a nature/hunting/forest/animal theme, so there were antlers on the walls andmainly pictures of animals. It was a cute theme for me, and didn't seem to make the hotel look old or odd. Check out was also easy.

There were just two things I would like to point out that were not a huge problem, but just noteworthy. One is that the front desk and breakfast area building is NOT connected to any rooms. You leave that building to go to your room, so like for breakfast you have to go outside and walk to that building for breakfast, keeping in mind that Syracuse can get quite chilly in the winter. This wasn't a problem for me, but if that sounds like something you won't like, then it's just a warning. Also, when we entered the room it was cold, but with ease we raised the temp back up to something warm and cozy in no time.

Overall perfect stay, I would come back!

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
gorgeous hudson valley
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2009

We booked 2 rooms for a weekend stay. Upon check-in Tiffany warmly greeted us, she took the time to explain everything about the hotel.
Homewood Suites are extended stay hotels, which to me is like having your own apartment for the weekend...kitchen, living room, private bedroom...it's all there.
The main building where breakfast/managers reception is is not attached to any of the buildings...you do have to walk outside (and Liverpool can get pretty darn cold) to go to the "Lodge" There is coffee/tea and at times muffins/cookies available. The furnishings in the lodge do remind you of an Adirondack cabin...rustic, woodsy, very well thought out. One surprise..a pool table! Yep..in the game room there was a pool table. Also in the lodge is a large meeting/gathering room upstairs. The exercise room was in the front building.
Our room was great...large bedroom, separate bathroom, and a fireplace. Kitchen had a 2 burner cook top and micro. I was thrilled to see a recycle basket in the kitchen.
As far as the condition of the hotel, it was well looked after. It did seem a bit older but the care and upkeep were evident.
I've got to compliment the staff at being so genuinely friendly..all 3 of us took note of the welcoming feel and how everyone was 'nice!' A huge "thank you" to Sharon in the kitchen. Thinking we had an oven in our room I brought cookies to bake..no oven, no problem...she went out of her way to help me, and stuff like that you just don't come across all the time.
Our reason for picking this location was simple...we needed to be in Oswego Friday night and Cortland Saturday night..Syracuse being in the 'middle' seemed perfect, we picked Homewood Suites because of their separate bedroom area.

• Stayed December 2009
jae0924
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2009

We were traveling to a wedding with our 5 month old son, so we brought my teenage sister along to watch him while we were at the reception. This hotel worked out really well, since it had a "separate" area for her to sleep, (a fold out couch in the "living room area"), and it also had a full kitchen which was great since we brought his food and bottles and needed a full fridge, and also so she could make something for herself for dinner. We wished it had an indoor pool as Syracuse is touchy weather, even in the summer, but it wasn't that big of a deal. The location was great as it was not far at all from the Carosel Mall. Also, we have to rave about the breakfast. It was great to have a hot breakfast Sunday morning, and we just took our time and relaxed in that main lodge after we ate. All in all we were very satisfied.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Utica , NY
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2009

I stayed with 2 teenage boys on Aug 04 2009. Non smoking room due to kids with allergies. Walked in room and it didnt just smell like smoke, it reeked. I immediately opened windows and called desk. They said they couldnt help me , that hotel was booked (which was odd since hotel appeared empty at hour we checked in). I persisted and they sent an ionizor up and told us to leave the room, for an hour. We were never recontacted and they left the ionizor in the room for the night. If housekeeping cant at least spray a little Lysol, are they even changing the sheets.. There were dogs parking in many rooms left unattended I presume. I felt like I was in a kennel. Very overpriced, construction going on in lobby and definitely a disinterested group of employees.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
LA, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2009

We rented two rooms for our family. They were very, very nice. Staff could not have been any nicer. I frequently travel on business, and stay in much more expensive hotels. While the staff at most of them are polite, the Liverpool Homewood staff seemed genuinely happy to be doing everything they could to make us welcome and comfortable. The breakfast was nice ... not your normal cold cereal and bagels. These folks offer a great value.

• Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
Rockville< MD
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2009

We recently stayed at the Homewood Suites Hotel in Syracuse for our daughter's graduation from the university. The hotel is an excellent value and a comfortable, well-run and attractive place. Our suite was lovely, very comfortable and spotless. The hotel staff was very friendly and extremely helpful. The breakfast buffet (included in the room price) was ample and included several cooked items as well as the standard continental items.

Our only gripes (if that's even the word to use) are two. One is that the hotel can be a bit hard to find, as it is sort of buried in an office park. The other is the flooring in the bathroom and in the kitchen area of the room is slippery (I did mention this to the staff at checkout), but walking carefully in these areas of our suite was all we needed to do. This would not be enough to keep me away from this hotel, were I to come to Syracuse again.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Homewood Suites Syracuse/Liverpool? Share your experiences!