“Homewood Sweets” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Liverpool
Poconos, Pa
“Homewood Sweets”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2012

I cannot say enough about this hotel. I am here on business from March 20-23, 2012 and my stay has been oustanding!. Staying here is a no-brainer...beautiful room; clean very comfortable bed; flat screen tv with cable; full excellent breakfast; dinner, wine/beer and to top it off a staff (Richard and Sarah) that exceeds your every expectation. They aim to please and PLEASE they do! No wonder I keep coming back!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
homewoodsyr, assistant general manager at Homewood Suites Syracuse/Liverpool, responded to this review, April 3, 2012
Thank you so much for the nice comments you wrote about our hotel. We read aloud our guests feedback daily at our morning Huddle. I know our team will be happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us.

I do hope you will stay with us again soon on your next trip to our area.

Sara

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

I had to share a room with a co-worker for an overnight in Syracuse. This Homewood Suites was the perfect place to stay. The front desk staff were very friendly and helpful. Our room was superb! We had a kitchen area, a living room/bedroom, then when you walked through the first part of the bathroom there was another bedroom! We were so excited to see that we actually had our own separate bedrooms. The bathroom was separated into two rooms, the first room was just the sink and the second room was the toilet and shower. This was nice because one of us could use the sink while the other person was showering. I discovered in the morning that we had two conditioners and no shampoo. I called the front desk and within minutes someone came to our room with shampoo. The breakfast was wonderful, with lots of options. The complimentary dinner was also excellent, after traveling it is always nice to just be able to eat at the hotel. Sadly this hotel does not have an indoor pool, just an outdoor pool which obviously was closed in the winter. I would definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
homewoodsyr, Assistant General Manager at Homewood Suites Syracuse/Liverpool, responded to this review, February 23, 2012
Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts about your recent stay with us. I am so happy to hear our "suite" set-up was a great fit for you and your co-worker.

I do apologize that there wasn’t shampoo in your room, but I am glad that we provided fast and friendly service. We want all of our guests to have the best stay possible where everything exceeds their expectations.

Thanks again for taking the time to share your thoughts. I hope you will think of us the next time you travel to Syracuse.

Sara
Shokan, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2012

This was my first experience staying at a homewood inn. First impression was clean and cozy room. We both liked the fireplace and we relaxed in the living room nicely. The room itself was very nice and we felt as though we were home. Thats where it ends we had a major problem with our room in the morning and (Sarah) the assistant general manager said that she would refund us our points we used and here it is five days later and they still haven't been refunded. They are eager to take your money but not eager to give back. The breakfast was average(for Free). My wonderful boyfriend planned this great weekend getaway for us and it ended in DISASTER!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
MissyHughes, General Manager at Homewood Suites Syracuse/Liverpool, responded to this review, February 6, 2012
Thank you for your recent review of your stay at our hotel. We are glad that you enjoyed your guest suite and amenities. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience refunding your points has caused. Our team has taken the appropriate steps in order to refund your points. We are monitoring this issue so you can receive your points in a timely manner. We will reach out to you personally confirming your points were refunded to your account. Once again thank you for your review of our hotel and we will be in contact soon.

new york
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2012

My husband,s our 2 small boy and myself stayed at the Homestead Suties for New Years Eve. First impression of the layout and buildings was great and it kept getting better from there. The main building/lodge was beautiful. So fresh, clean, and beautifully decorated in wilderness lodge decor. My 6 year old son thought we were back at the Disney Lodge in Florida! Check in was fast and Heather at the front desk was one of the nicest people I have encountered in a long time. We headed to our suite and wawe all were extremely happy. It was very clean, very new, and we were given a bottle of wine to celebrate my birthday that night! The complimentary breakfast in the hotel lodge was awesome! Everything from fruit to hot ham and eggs with waffles. I would highly reccomend the Homestead Suites. The staff is very friendly and my family definately felt at home Location is great, very easy to access anything in and around Syracuse. We will be back when we stay in this area!!!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
MissyHughes, General Manager at Homewood Suites Syracuse/Liverpool, responded to this review, January 26, 2012
Thank you for sharing your wonderful comments about our hotel and staff. It is our goal to ensure we are able to exceeds your expectaions. I hope you and your family think of us again the next time you travel to Syracuse.

New York State
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2011

We arrived at just about 12:25 PM after a red eye flight and connecting flight from the far west. We just needed a place to sleep because I did not want to chance falling asleep on the two hour drive home from the Syracuse airport. Although our accessible room was not ready they asked the maids to make it up next and we were in the room by 1:00 PM. i thought that was very accommodating. The suite had a living room with a couch, table cooking facilities and a TV. The bedroom had two very comfortable beds. The bathroom was spotless.

Homewood Suites feature a light evening meal Monday through Thursday. The schedule for the month is posted in the room. We had stuffed peppers, salad and cookies. Beer, wine and soft beverages are included. The stuffed peppers were tasty but certainly not of gourmet quality, nor was that expected. They seemed very similar to packaged frozen stuffed peppers we have occasionally eaten at home.

There is a hot breakfast provided in the morning. It was pretty typical of what one expects in a hot breakfast buffet.

In summary:: a clean comfortable room, a decent evening meal, friendly, efficient helpful staff

The only problem we had is that it was quite difficult to maneuver the wheelchair from the bedroom into the bathroom.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for sharing your comments about your stay at Homewood Suites - Syracuse/Liverpool. I am so happy to hear our staff was able to accommodate you so you could check-in to your suite early. We want all of our guests to have the best stay possible where everything exceeds their expectations. I appreciate hearing your feedback regarding the amount of space in the suite for your wheelchair. I will have our engineering department follow-up to see if we can find more space in our suites.

Wilmot, Ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2011

We stayed here for one night in early October. The room was clean and comfortable. The evening food offerings were ample enough that we didn't have to go out for dinner that night, but the quality of the food was just average. The same was true for breakfast. The cold breakfast items were good but the eggs and potatoes were very overcooked.

During our stay a fire alarm went off in the hallway at 4:45 in the morning. We got out of the building to see a few other guests milling around the parking lot. We walked over to the main lodge to see what was going on and no one was at the desk. I sat with my children in the lodge for about 15 minutes, unsure if it was safe to go back to our room. A staff person finally showed up at the desk and said it was nothing and we could go back. I asked if there had been a fire or if she knew what set off the alarm. She said it just happens sometimes! We went back to our room, and the kids got a few more hours of sleep, but I didn't find the rest of the night restful.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
homewoodsyr, Manager at Homewood Suites Syracuse/Liverpool, responded to this review, January 27, 2012
Thank you for your comments and providing feedback for Homewood Suites by Hilton Syracuse/Liverpool. I am happy to hear that you received a clean and comfortable stay. It is our mission to exceed our guest’s expectations and I appreciate your feedback with our evening dinner and hot full breakfast. Our safety and concern is important to us so thank you again for sharing your comments. I do hope when you’re in Syracuse you will think of us.

Sara Rivizzigno
Assistant General Manager
St Petersburg, FL
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2011

I'm a regular Hilton Honors member and I use them regularly for business for several years. This Homewood Suites in Syracuse/Liver is not up the standard I associate with a Hilton hotel.

I've never seen more people smoking outside of each building at hotel that I've been to. The first room I got was a non-smoking room, the smell of stale smoke was over bearing. I walked back to the front desk and they said the building I was in was one of two with smokers in the past. The moved me to the only building which never allowed smoking before. The room was very dated but there wasn't a strong smoke smell. Then I went to sleep and I experienced flu like symptoms till 4 a.m. At which time I've noticed the smell of smoke coming through the AC vents. I shut off the AC and opened all the windows. The flu like symptoms went away and I was able to sleep straight through.

I tried the hot breakfast and found the scrambled eggs cold and the hashbrown stale and hard.

Other then these problems, the service at the hotel was great. With a few hours of sleep, I was glad to get out of this hotel and to never return!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business

Been to Homewood Suites Syracuse/Liverpool? Share your experiences!