“Front desk clerk needs CS training!” 3 of 5 stars

Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Liverpool
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Augusta, Maine
“Front desk clerk needs CS training!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We arrived here to check in shortly after 1 PM. A woman came out just as I was getting out of car to see what I wanted. Said I had a reservation.She said check in was after 2. I told her the website said 12. She asked what site and I said yours.Well, come back in a half hour and maybe room will be ready, which we did.When I came back,I gave her my name and she couldn't find it, so I had to spell it for her. Then I had to spell the town I lived in also. Went to the room which was across from office.Opened the door to find a rank smell which I assume was a cleaner or room air freshener. It did weakened, but assume it was from just getting used to it. The bathroom fan was very noisy, especially from the bedroom side of bathroom wall. It was clean but needed maintenance like loose trim around A C as you could see daylight around it.And a strange thing above door which looked like an alarm contact that would set off an alarm if contact was broken?! Didn't do breakfast as had plans to do a real one. Previous reviews ranked highly but the front desk clerk was very unprofessional so this review reflects that.Price paid was very good compared to other places, but next time I will pay a little extra for somewhere else.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2015

I've stayed in quite a few affordable hotels and this was one of the nicest I've stayed in. I'm traveling solo and stayed for one night as a stopover. The room is very clean and the furniture comfortable. The WiFi is quite decent. I would definitely stay again if I'm ever in this area again.

Stayed March 2015, traveled solo
Nepean
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2015

We stayed at this motel for two nights. The front desk staff were courteous and efficient. We checked in and checked out very quickly. The room was outdated, but the room was cleaner than some other big name, chain hotels. My husband visited the breakfast area which was very organized and tidy. They provided basic breakfast items like cereal, toast and muffins. This motel is very close to Destiny mall and Tim Horton's - a definite plus!! We would stay here again because it is very clean and affordable. It is perfect for the traveller who just wants a place to sleep after a gruelling day of shopping!!

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
Farmingville, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2015

Nothing fancy, but very clean and comfortable. The service was great, the staff very friendly and seemed genuinely concerned that they made our stay there as pleasant as possible. We requested a late check out which they accommodated without hesitation. The breakfast had a large offering and was kept well stocked through out the breakfast period so that if you showed up 5 minutes before closing you still had the same choices as when they opened. The breakfast room is large and kept clean. I cannot say enough about the staff, they were just wonderful. this was our first stay at a Knights Inn and if the rest are like Syracuse/Liverpool I will definitely stay there again. Only drawback is as a Motel you need to walk outside to get to the breakfast room or office which is very cold in the Upstate NY winters. Small drawback made up for by the wonderful service. Great value compared to surrounding hotels.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled with family
Kingston, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2015

I stayed at the Knights Inn again while in the area on business. It is clean and basic but that's all I needed. It was less than half of the price of the other hotel in that area. Overall a good deal. It is a fine place for me and includes a breakfast that has OJ, Coffee, cereal and toast as well as yogurt and fruit. If I go with my wife I would spring for the more expensive hotel.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
Quakertown, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2015

In Syracuse for a college visit, we were delighted to find the Knights Inn. Nothing fancy, but it has all the amenities one needs for an pleasant overnight. Nice clean room, fresh towels, refrigerator and microwave, great TV, comfortable bed and pillows. The woman at the front desk was pleasant and friendly on a frigid, snowy night. Continental breakfast was all we needed to start the day. Very nice addition - they shoveled the snow-covered sidewalk outside our door (blustery wind put it there) overnight and cleaned the snow off of our cars in the morning! When we woke up, our little sidewalk was clean and our car ready to go. Really, really nice things to do! Free Wi-Fi very helpful and they put the code right on the room key envelope. I would highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled with family
Sidney, New York, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2015

This is the first time I have stayed at a Knights Inn and was pleasantly surprised.

Room looked like it had been updated recently. Carpets were very clean, bathroom was very clean and looked like it had new wallpaper through out.

TV looked to be a 40" LG(brand) and mounted on the wall so I could swivel it in the direction I was viewing it from.

I was there on work and used the desk and internet. Both were fine.

Bed was a king size and very comfortable! Got a great nights sleep.

Heating system worked great.. it was 10 degrees when I woke up but room was warm and comfortable....heating unit was quiet and easy to use.

Breakfast was just cereal and Danish, coffee and juice...nothing fancy but enough to get your started for the day.

All in all - a great value.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled on business

Been to Knights Inn Syracuse / Liverpool? Share your experiences!