“Great experience” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 12 Hotels in Liverpool
North Bangor, New York
“Great experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My friends and I stayed here on a recent trip to Syracuse for shopping. I have stayed here before, but it was even better this time. The staff was great. The rooms were clean and very spacious. The rates were fantastic. The complimentary breakfast was warm and very well kept. It is a great location for shopping being so close to Destiny USA. I do miss the bar, but that is not a necessity. I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I stayed at Maplewood for 1 night to go to an interview at Upstate Medical Center. It was conveniently located right near the highway, Medical center and Carousel Mall. I was extremely impressed to find that my room was clean and large. Could use some updating decor wise but everything was clean and comfortable. I wasn't sure what the "Inn" implied but it had all the amenities of a hotel and basically looked exactly like a hotel. Wifi worked well. There was an indoor pool that I did not get to use and a very small fitness room that wasn't crowded at all. The staff was exceptionally friendly and accommodating. They provide a shuttle to the Medical Center (including the rehab center). The breakfast was fine- yogurt, coffee, juice, cereal and baked goods. Nothing special but definitely enough to get the day started. Overall, I had a great stay here and would recommend it to anyone needing an affordable place to stay near the Medical Center.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
Rochester, New York
1,525 reviews 1,525 reviews
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 weeks ago

We use this hotel for my organization's meeting place a few times each year. They have comfortable business rooms that they rent at very reasonable prices, and if we have a very small group we can get by with arranging a few tables in the bar area, for which there is no charge. Either way, the place is nice, usually quiet, and the guest rooms (for anyone staying overnight) are also wonderfully priced for what you get. I enjoy this hotel and plan on using it in the future.

Room Tip: If on the first floor, try not to get a room too close to the left end of the hotel. The nightclub i...
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2014

We stayed at the hotel from October 30 to November 02,2014.
This hotel was everything I hoped it would be. It's well located, 5 min from the Destiny mall and 5 min from the Dome. Our room was exceptionally clean.
Breakfast was good, with fresh milk and juices, yogurt, fried eggs, sliced bacon, sausages and everything you would want for breakfast. Front desk service was excellent with good recommendations, useful information and check-in and check-out were flawless.
Big thank you to their manager, Mr. Rodriguez. You have done great job! We will be back.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
Houghton, Michigan, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2014

On 9/29/14 my husband and I were guests at Maplewood Inn, on a bus tour with other senior citizens to Cape Cod from the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. My husband had a heart attack upon arising, he was sent by ambulance to an excellent hospital. I knew no one in Liverpool or Syracuse. The Maplewood provided a room, shuttled me daily to the hospital and rehab facility until we returned home on 10/23/14 after open heart surgery. The management and staff treated me as part of their family, always with care, concern and a smile. I don't know what I would have done without them, their kindness was unbelievable. I will never forget the Maplewood Inn, they will forever be a part of my life.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with friends
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2014

This was the only hotel available over this past Columbus Day weekend. The rate was $179 per night (that was with military discount) for a double queen. The lighting in the rooms and hallways were dim, carpet was old as well as the bed comforter. The furniture was all dated as well and the bed my kids slept in, the box spring would creek every time one child would move. The staff was very friendly, had our key ready upon arrival. The breakfast was minimal. Set up on folding tables in an old conference room, and the tables were set for a 8 person banquet/symposium style setting, round tables with table cloths. The food was okay...took awhile to get through the line since it was lined up and as with all free meals, the waffle maker was working overtime to keep up..while everyone waited...in front of the rest of the food. Perhaps rearranging the area would help. Juice was in a cup like you'd get in school with the foil lid as well as the milk and such. Overall would stay here again if it was our last choice...overpriced for the age and value of the breakfast. The area it's located in seems to be a bit forgotten about as well.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
Bronx, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2014

I have called Maple Wood inn in Syracuse NY for weeks trying to book the weekend of May 8,2014 through May 10,2014. Every time I call, I am told the Inn is under new management...They have not open up the reservation YET for that weekend.... That weekend is a very busy weekend Syracuse University commencement ceremony is May 8 through May 10,2014.. I feel Maplewood Inn is holding there rooms so they can PRICE them out due to the ceremony. I feel that is very unfair.... Also selfish of them....

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Been to The Maplewood Inn? Share your experiences!