I just finished a three day business trip to Syracuse and stayed here. I intend to stay here again when I return in December. This hotel is a great value.
For the negative reviews I cannot disagree with them, but a resourceful business traveler can navigate around some of the pitfalls. To avoid the noise coming from the bar/restaurant try getting a room on the other side of the hotel. The ground floor is the most convenient.
Yes, the premises are not the most glamorous/new. The towels are small. The cleaning service is not perfect. However, for the rates they charge, the place is of value.
I appreciate the ever present coffee urn in the lobby. The location is only a five minute drive to SU.
Final comment: when I checked in on Tuesday night, one of the worst days I had experienced the whole year, Michelle at the front desk could not have been nicer. It is the kindness she showed me went a long way and one of the two reasons why I will stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Maplewood Inn is by design your home while you are visiting Syracuse. The hotel offers exquisite dining, massage treatments on property, wireless Internet everywhere, and after a long day you can cool off in the indoor pool. At the crossroads of the New York State Thruway and Route 81, you are available to escape with ease and travel to the West towards Niagara Falls, or towards the East to New York City. North from this location is Watertown and Fort Drum, while you can travel South to Ithaca and Binghamton. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your The Maplewood Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Maplewood Hotel Liverpool
- Maplewood Hotel Lily Dale