“Convenient!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 12 hotels in Liverpool
quebec
“Convenient!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

We had the studio 100, it was really neat! The personel is really kind and funny. They help us with indication and they made sure we were well!

The room was spacious, the bed really comfortable. The only point, if I want to be picky is, the bathroom is a bit small, but it was clean and it is a really small inconvenient for the price we paid.

I think it will be my spot next time in Syracuse!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Lsheremeta, General Manager at Hampton Inn Syracuse Clay, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Hello! I am glad you enjoyed our studio room! I am soory about the size of the bathroom in those rooms we put the vanity on the outside thinking that someone could be getting ready and not hold up the shower/ toilet area which does cause that area to be a little smaller. We hope that you will vome and visit us again soon!

Lisa

217 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Peterborough, Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

My daughter and I stayed at this hotel for 3 days while we were in the Syracuse area to visit museums, do a walking tour, and also shopping. The hotel is immaculately clean in the guest rooms and public areas. The beds were extremely comfortable with freshly washed duvet covers for each guest. It was so quiet that we slept in every morning. Breakfast was great with lots of variety and helpful staff. I agree with other reviewers that the staff all presented as a team and all seemed to really enjoy their jobs. Service was really exceptional! I plan to return to this hotel on future visits to the area - no other place could exceed our expectations the way this hotel has!! It is also conveniently located near major restaurants and shopping areas - an extra bonus.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room at the end of a corridor for a sound night's sleep.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Hello, I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. I love out beds too it' is like sleeping on a fluffy cloud! It is so nice to hear that you and your daughter were in town to see the museums we have some great ones. Our team here is like a family and we like our guests to feel the same way. We look forward to serving you again.

Lisa
Queens, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012 via mobile

I loved this hotel. Ive been kind of turned off hotels recently but impressed with the cleanliness of this one. This hotel is very clean. The staff is really nice and willing to help. The beds are very comfortable. I love the fact that they wash the duvets and sheets. Location is extremely convenient. I can't complain about anything and I'm picky. I would def stay here again if in the area.

I took 1 star off because the floors were really really cold in the bathroom.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Gloucester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

This past weekend my girlfriends and I stayed here for two nights while shopping at the outlets, and Destiny USA Mall. The hotel staff are extremely friendly and helpful. The room was enourmous! Two queen beds and a sofa bed, we had plenty of room. The room was clean and well stocked. We will definately be staying here again next year.

Room Tip: Queen studio suite was realy large.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Ottawa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

My wife and I stayed here for two nights this past weekend. We almost always stay at one of the Hilton family of hotels when we travel to the US, and the Hampton Inn in Liverpool/Clay did not disappoint. We had a king room with a sofa which was very roomy, tastefully decorated and very clean. The bed was very comfy (as was the couch for lounging). Free wi-fi and a large bar-fridge and microwave in the room was handy. No hotel is perfect, and my only VERY minor complaint was that the toilet paper was very cheap and quite rough (I would recommend that you bring your own unless you like cleaning yourself with something that feels like rouch newspaper). The hotel staff were exceptionally friendly and attentive, and the complimentary breakfast was slightly above average. Value for money I think you’d be very hard-pressed to find anything better in the area.

The location of this hotel is ideal for Canadian shoppers like us: Outback Steakhouse right behind the hotel, Uno’s pizzeria a block away (you have to try their deep-dish pizza!) and Target, Walmart, TJ Maxx, Barnes & Noble and Kohls all within walking distance (and best of all, there was a Tim Horton’s location open 24-hours a 5-minute drive away!). It was about 45-minutes to the Waterloo Premium Outlets and 15-minutes from Carousel Mall.

We’ll definitely be staying here again on our next shopping excursion to Syracuse! Thanks again Hampton for another great experience!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Salt Point, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

The Hampton Inn in Clay, NY is a great place to stay. Close to Syracuse airport, but a nicer hotel than the Hampton Inn at the airport . The hotel is relatively new and super clean. The service was great, and the best part was the free breakfast -- which included scrambled eggs, sausage patties, waffles, fresh fruit, cereal, yogurt, pastries, and various bagel and bread. I was very superseded to see three employees stocking the breakfast buffet and cleaning tables. The hotel is located near the mall and within walking distance of a Chili's, an Outback Steakhouse, and a Pizzeria UNO. The hotel is also dog friendly.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
NYC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

We stayed here for one night on the way to the NY state fair on labor day weekend. The room was VERY clean and I am very picky about this above anything else. They provided a very cute handout of things to see at the fair with a complied list of hotel staff recommendations and fair favorites - this was a very special touch and provided us with insider info. The booklet also had a fair grounds map and a coloring page in the back for kids. The hotel breakfast was good- hot and cold options that we depended on to start our day. for those who stay longer than one night the hotel is in a commerical area with places to eat, and wegmans supermarket across the street. My husband and I traveled together but would would recommend this hotel to families and busniess travelers

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hampton Inn Syracuse Clay? Share your experiences!