“Excellent Property” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Liverpool
Phila. Pa
“Excellent Property”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

We had to drive to Canada, and stopped in the Syracuse area on the way. Checked this property online, and was quite pleased with what I found. The staff was great, and helpful with restaurant choices...The hotel was spotless, and I was thrilled to find the boxspring, on the bed, covered with a plastic covering. I'm a leary traveling when I'm pulling off the highways, and this was a pleasant surprise. Will check out Staybridge Suites whenever I travel.

Room Tip: We had a two bedroom suite, but I'm sure they are all nice.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Bury, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

we have been travelling from Boston via NH and Niagara Falls NY and had booked in the Staybridge for one night on our way back to Boston. We have stayed in many Staybrisge suites over the years and they never fault to deliver good service, clean rooms, comfy bed, good shower and a good breakfast. This one is one of the best . Nearly new, with room service from the Holiday Inn next door, a pool, gym laundry etc and supper served 3 nights per week, meat balls, pasta, salad last night.
We had a disappointing stay in Niagara Falls and this thankfully was just as expected. If you need a hotel in the area we would thoroughly recommend it.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Albany, NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

A recent stay at the upmarket Staybridge Suites in Liverpool, NY resulted in some disappointments.

Located right off Thruway Exit 37 at the end of the ramp, a large sign announced Staybridge Suites. That was the last signage seen for the motel. After wandering around a huge Holiday Inn and Convention Center, we eventually found an unmarked portico and apparent entrance to the Staybridge Suites. How can you stay in a place when you can't find it?

Assigned to two rooms on the fourth of five floors, the next annoyance was to gain entrance to the rooms. A plastic room key would make the lock click, but not open. After finally mastering the sequence of insertion, wait, turn the handle and then push, we finally gained entrance to the rooms. How are you supposed to enjoy a room when you can't get in?

Well-equipped rooms brought huge beds with blankets so thick they could've been horse blankets. A cupboard of dishes was well stocked, but it took a minute or so to fumble around with the refrigerator to turn on the ice cube maker. Geez, staying at this place was a lot of work.

A noisy adjacent Thruway didn't help when sleeping, the breakfast buffet was small and cramped, and to reach the full service restaurant in the adjacent Holiday Inn required a hike around the latter's swimming pool (with no appropriate signage - naturally),

A nice place to stay, I guess, but it sure took effort.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Dover, Delaware
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

Let me start with my largest problem: our sheets were rampant with someone else's hair. I don't know if the sheets were washed and the hairs were caught in there, or housekeeping forgot to wear a hairnet, or if the sheets weren't washed at all. But it was gross. I didn't really notice until we were getting ready to check out, when my husband had lost his ring and we were searching the room. The hairs were obviously neither of ours. I had hoped to mention it to the desk or a manager when we were ready to check out- but there was only one person staffing a desk with a large number of people trying to leave as well, and she waived us by without further adieu. Housekeeping is only offered on a weekly basis, so they wouldn't have automatically changed our linens without us mentioning it.

Which leads me to my second problem: Most of the staff didn't seem to care about their guests. The woman checking us in- and a girl that I can only hope was in training (she didn't seem to know much about how the hotel operated) were nice enough our first night. But no one was particularly friendly, no one smiled or acknowledged us as humans when we walked by. It was odd.

The breakfast was okay. I say this, because my husband thought it was the greatest free breakfast he had ever had. I would have preferred a more thought out continental breakfast than what they had. (And the medium roast coffee was ALWAYS out. Multiple mornings in a row.) It wasn't bad, it was free, and it was very convenient- but not great.

Other than the oddly hairy bed, the rest of the room and building was clean and in good order. But our room was SMALL because of the layout (we had a queen non-smoking one-room.) We had our luggage on the coffee table because there was no other space for it- not even a luggage rack if we had wanted to put it elsewhere- and had to make space for one another.

So, in short- a lot of other people have had really positive experiences here- and I think my husband did too, because I didn't mention the state of the bed to him because it would have grossed him out needlessly- we couldn't go back in time and sleep in a clean bed. It was a nice property, pretty convenient, and a free hot breakfast for less than $100.

But should WE ever go back to Liverpool (and I rather think we will not) I will pay the extra $20 for the Crowne Plaza or Hampton. Or, you know. Anywhere else.

Room Tip: Brave the risk of getting a smoking room and book the unspecified suite with two rooms. And check th...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Syracuse/Liverpool, responded to this review, October 13, 2012
Dear juicy318,

Thank you for staying with us and providing us with your valuable feedback. I am pleased that you found our location convenient. However, I would like to apologize for any inconvenience the room conditions may have caused you. Our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product and for these reasons, your comments are very troubling and these will certainly be looked into.We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare
U.S.A.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012 via mobile

Stayed in a suite on my first stay and really fell in love.

2nd and 3rd stay were regular rooms and they are nice too, but not like the suite which had a separate bedroom!

Great breakfast and evening meals provided. Good fitness room!

Found another nice place this trip that I might try next time I'm in town- Holiday Inn Express by the airport!

If I had gotten the suite again I would never try any place else.

• Stayed September 2012
Poughquag, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

We just returned from an overnight soccer tournament in the Syracuse area. Only great things to say about this hotel. Worked with Sarah Gordon for groups rates and she arranged use of the conference room for our team dinner after our Friday night game. Check-in was wonderful and front desk extremely accommodating. Hotel is beautifully decorated and extremely clean. Rooms were great for our teams. Full modern kitchens with granite countertops. Living room area great and bedrooms great as well. As we got back from our game late, we were unable to use the outside patio areas but they were very well maintained. Breakfast was also good with selections of fruits, bagels, waffles, eggs, bacon, etc. Traveling with a sports team we did need to do laundry that night. Laundry is complimentary to guests. Four washers and four dryers made cleaning 25 uniforms a breeze. Would definitely return to this hotel again.

Room Tip: We had several rooms in different areas of hotel and all were great.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Cornwall, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

My husband and I travelled to Syracuse, New York a few weekends ago to take in shopping at the outlet malls. This hotel was a wonderful place to stay. Very modern and clean. Our room had a great little kitchen, full size bathroom, flat screen TV and a comfy queen sized bed. The price was very good for everything we had. Staff in the breakfast area were very helpful and the food was terrific with lots of choices. Our main problem with this hotel is that it was hard to locate as we had used our GPS. You have to know that the hotel is well hidden behind the Holiday Inn and does not have sufficient signage to find it. There were features at the hotel that we did not get to use, but I feel would be great for vacationers - laundry facility, pool, basketball area, outdoor entertainment area, etc. I would highly recommend this hotel for your next stay.

Room Tip: I think all suites would be good here. We loved our suite as it faced the back of the hotel and ove...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Staybridge Suites Syracuse/Liverpool? Share your experiences!