“Great Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cornwall, Canada
“Great Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

My husband and I travelled to Syracuse, New York a few weekends ago to take in shopping at the outlet malls. This hotel was a wonderful place to stay. Very modern and clean. Our room had a great little kitchen, full size bathroom, flat screen TV and a comfy queen sized bed. The price was very good for everything we had. Staff in the breakfast area were very helpful and the food was terrific with lots of choices. Our main problem with this hotel is that it was hard to locate as we had used our GPS. You have to know that the hotel is well hidden behind the Holiday Inn and does not have sufficient signage to find it. There were features at the hotel that we did not get to use, but I feel would be great for vacationers - laundry facility, pool, basketball area, outdoor entertainment area, etc. I would highly recommend this hotel for your next stay.

Room Tip: I think all suites would be good here. We loved our suite as it faced the back of the hotel and ove...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Albany, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

I stayed at the Staybridge during the New York State Fair, let me start with the only negative I could find was a lack of signage other than at the entrance to the parking lot. However when I walk in the door I was not only greeted by friendly faces but a very comfortable and modern lobby. I was checked in promptly and was giving detailed information on the property (including a free dinner the night I was there!). The wireless internet was easy to access, and my friend was able to borrow an ethernet cable for his laptop that didn’t have access to a wireless card. I did not receive housekeeping on the weekend which was a bit different from my normal stay, the staff at the desk did explain to me at check in that if I needed housekeeping I could ask the day before to receive it so I wasn’t caught off guard. Food options for both dinner and breakfast were nice, they even made me a veggie burger the night they were grilling. All in all one of the nicest stays I have had at a hotel, with friendly staff, good service, and comfortable rooms that made me feel at home, when I travel in the future I will look for other Staybridge Suites.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

Very nice hotel rooms, with a very nice property as well. They have a sign to tell you where the property is, but it is hidden behind the Holiday Inn so you can't see it from the road. Breakfast was good, but was not replenished quick enough. Room service only open until 10pm so make sure you get your food before that because there is NOTHING around this hotel in terms of restaurants and such. Very close access to the highways, and great for a shopping trip with close proximity to both malls and a jump on the highway to the outlet malls. Overall, a nice weekend out at a very nice hotel.

Room Tip: Pick the suites! they are the same price as the regular rooms.
Corner Brook, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

We were impressed with this property. Very nicely decorated and full of amenities that would be so convenient. We happened to not need the kitchenette area since we only stayed over night but we thought it was great. Nice space, nice furniture and tv. We found it a little odd to find the actual location because of the direction we came from, we couldn't see it from the street initially. It seemed like the garmin was taking us to Holiday Inn which is right in front of it but they directed us where to go. There is no signage on the actual building which causes confusion for finding it. Everything was great except we found the bed a little uncomfortable (dipping down a bit) but that may be because we are used to a firmer bed. I would stay here again.

Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

I recently stayed at the Staybridge Suites for a shopping trip with family members. We wanted to have the option of shopping at Carousel Mall in Syracuse on our 2nd shopping date, and I selected Staybridge because of its close proximity to the mall (a 7 minute drive).
The property was very impressive - beautiful lobby and very clean suite The cost for a 1 bedroom suite (with 2 beds, a living area, kitchenette and full bathroom) was very reasonable. Extra amenities include buffet breakfast (hot and cold) DVD loans, games/library room; demonstrated value-add for longer term stays. All in all, a great property and I wouldn't hesitate to go back again, and recommend to friends.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

Stayed here with the family for one night on the way to NYC. The hotel looks brand new and is very modern. It was conveniently located near the interstate. It is located behind the Holiday Inn and not visible from the road so you may miss it if you are looking for the sign.

The one-bedroom suite we shared with our kids was very clean and modern and had a small kitchenette (which we didn't really need, aside from the fridge). Free WI-FI was included in the room. It did seem every piece of furniture there had a sharp edge to it - including the bed frame which did a number on a misplaced foot.

The free hot breakfast buffet was excellent and included a good assortment of foods. The seating area was limited however with many business types there as well as families.

The pool is shared with the next-door Holiday Inn. It was clean and large but unusually deep except for one side.

A perfect place to stay on our quick stopover. Highly recommended.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Pittsburgh, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

We were in Syracuse for a lacrosse tournament and stayed 3 nights with our 2 teenage children in a 2 bdrm suite. There were 2 bdrms, each with their own bath with a living room / kitchen in the middle. The kitchen was beautiful with a good sized refrigerator, microwave, ice maker and every appliance you could ask for. Breakfast was good and complimentary. As a bonus, the washers and dryers were free - very important when you have one uniform and a multi-day tournament.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Staybridge Suites Syracuse/Liverpool? Share your experiences!