My husband and I booked a special thru travelzoo for $99. We got a great deal! This place was wonderful! Its a very special place.
We arrived on Thursday afternoon, there was really no signage for the parking, but the girl at the desk in the lobby was quite helpful. They had upgraded us to the Spring Lake Room - although it did not overlook the river - it was beautiful. Very spacious, bathroom was huge, linens were very good quality!
We had dinner at the hotels restaurant that night - which is a little odd, because it is basically the second floor? No real entrance.....but the server was so pleasant, the food was quite good for the price. This is the same place we had breakfast the next morning, the breakfast was small, but it filled us up until lunch.
I wish we would have booked two nights as it was so nice and relaxing there. We did not have a chance to use the spa.
It seems like the owners are still working on this property - you could see some of the doors for rooms open with construction going on. I would guess it is very expensive for them to try to build the hotel as they want it. This is not a chain hotel, it is very unique - and I would assume a labour of love. I really hope that this hotel is a great success. Lewiston looks lovely and we would love to come back an visit in the summer time! Thank you for a lovely stay!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Barton Hill Hotel & Spa is the Niagara Region's premier destination, combining the charm and comfort of a historic country inn with the service and amenities of a luxury hotel. Guests at Barton Hill will find luxurious accommodations and exceptional personal service, in a serene location perfectly suited for a romantic getaway or a business retreat. All of our elegantly appointed guest retreats and suites are decorated with an historic flair to reflect the heritage of the area, and are also equipped with the most contemporary amenities including fireplaces, flat-panel high-definition televisions, and I-Pod docking stations. Dating as far back as the 1600's, Lewiston and the Niagara Frontier have been the gateway to adventure and commerce along the Great Lakes, and today the Barton Hill Hotel & Spa is known as the premier luxury boutique hotel of the Niagara Region. In addition to stunning rooms and an attentive staff, Barton Hill's central location in the charming historic village of Lewiston allows guests to enjoy easy access to some of the area's most exciting attractions and events. Whether you are in the area to enjoy the natural beauty, shoot the Class 5 rapids of the Niagara River Gorge, traveling for business, or just looking to get away from the everyday, you will always find a warm welcome. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz and Cheap Tickets so you can book your The Barton Hill Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Barton Hill Hotel Lewiston
- The Barton Hill Hotel And Spa