My wife and I decided to purchase a GROUPON for her Birthday and stay (2) nights at the Barton Hill Hotel & Spa. On the surface and outside it seems like a nice enough place, located down NEAR the water in Lewiston. We checked in on the Friday night after a long day of shopping and the young man working was very friendly and helpful. We got to our room up on the 4th floor and it was quite cool, we figured out how to use their remote control to bring up heat from the geo-thermal system, but it was well into the night before the room ever got up to 80. Shortly after entering we could hear noise in our room, well that was simply the TV in the next room, the falls REALLY are that paper thin! I was disappointed, but able to tune it out, until about 6am when the Hee Haw Gang started yacking, laughing, goofing around, etc. This pretty much meant I was up and awake from 6am onward. The next night we awoke to people having àdult releations` in the room next to us. I get it if we were at the Budget Inn or something, but we were paying over $150 per night ``to enjoy life as it is meant to be lived`` or so their quote at the hotel goes. The dinner is MAYBE good, but unfortunately we didn`t enjoy it, or use our $25 coupon since the hours are 6pm-8pm only? Didn't check out the "spa", but essentially they are just treatment rooms, rather than an actual area. The breakfast that was included was decent enough, nothing overly fancy - just enough to give you a quick bite before you head out for the day. The place does need a lot of cosmetic repairs throughout the halls and rooms we visited. Unfortunately we won't ever return, but good for other's to know how well things go there and what to expect... I think there are likely better choices out there for the price. Beds were comfortable and room was clean on the upside of things.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Barton Hill Hotel & Spa is the Niagara Region's premier destination, combining the charm and comfort of a historic country inn with the service and amenities of a luxury hotel. Guests at Barton Hill will find luxurious accommodations and exceptional personal service, in a serene location perfectly suited for a romantic getaway or a business retreat. All of our elegantly appointed guest retreats and suites are decorated with an historic flair to reflect the heritage of the area, and are also equipped with the most contemporary amenities including fireplaces, flat-panel high-definition televisions, and I-Pod docking stations. Dating as far back as the 1600's, Lewiston and the Niagara Frontier have been the gateway to adventure and commerce along the Great Lakes, and today the Barton Hill Hotel & Spa is known as the premier luxury boutique hotel of the Niagara Region. In addition to stunning rooms and an attentive staff, Barton Hill's central location in the charming historic village of Lewiston allows guests to enjoy easy access to some of the area's most exciting attractions and events. Whether you are in the area to enjoy the natural beauty, shoot the Class 5 rapids of the Niagara River Gorge, traveling for business, or just looking to get away from the everyday, you will always find a warm welcome. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity and Orbitz so you can book your The Barton Hill Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Barton Hill Hotel Lewiston
- The Barton Hill Hotel And Spa