“Wings, Beef or Fish Fry” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Tinley Park, Illinois
“Wings, Beef or Fish Fry”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

A local watering hole, that has good food. What more could you ask for? I've not usually seen families with small children, and we often sit in the bar area. That aside, the wings are as good as Anchor Bar, the beef is tender(according to my dad- not my thing) and the fish melts in your mouth. There is an extensive menu, welcoming staff , located on the Main Street. Stop in and enjoy a meal. Not sure what reviewer "Winnie" and her husband had, but have not been disappointed with any of the menu selections- I highlighted the family favorites.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Niagara Falls, New York
“They always deliver good service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

Whenever a dining out decision is difficult to come by Apple Granny is always a good choice. The staff is always nice and attentive and food is always good. I have never been disappointed with a meal here. A laid back atmosphere with a wide variety of food at reasonable costs.

Visited August 2013
Lewiston, New York
“The positive reviews mystify me”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

My husband and I ate here a few times. The first time we went it was specifically because the review in the AAA guide was positive. That was not our experience.

So in 3 visits we went together, my food was mediocre at best. The best he could say was it was OK.

Yes, it's pretty inexpensive as I remember, but when I'm watching my money I'm even more concerned that when I spend it I get something that's at least a solid good.

Do yourself a favor, and if you're looking for inexpensive but actually GOOD food in Lewiston then either go to the Brickyard or go down to the river and eat at the Silo (and get Perry's ice cream for dessert!).

If you want to spend a little more and get something outstanding then go to Casa Antica. And if you don't care what you spend and want something excellent with some creativity go to Towne Hall.

I think you should skip this place. There are too many other good choices in Lewiston.

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Columbus, Ohio
“Nice hometown restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

My family and I found this restaurant on our GPS after visiting Niagara Falls in Canada. The food and service was excellent. Very informal feel to this restaurant. Our waitress seemed like we had known her for years. They go out of their way to make you feel very welcomed. We will return again.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
London Ontario Canada
“Good and inexpensive”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

Good food ..large menu...family atmosphere. We both had fillet Mignon and they were good. we had the sweet potato fries ..also good.

Visited August 2013