“Always wonderful” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Carl's Rip Van Winkle Motor Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Leeds
Carl's Rip Van Winkle Motor Lodge
You added Carl's Rip Van Winkle Motor Lodge to your Saves list
810 Route 23 B, Leeds, NY 12451   |
NY Southern Tier
“Always wonderful”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

Always stay in one of their cabins. No frills, but quiet, clean and comfortable. If you are looking for a great get away with family or just a romantic weekend, this is the place. Grandson lives in Hudson, NY and this is much cheaper than a B&B there. Cabin this time had refrig and micro wave. Great coffee at office. Wonderful family owned business. They are happy to accommodate. Enjoy!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Hicksville, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Went to Carl's Rip Van Winkle Lodge for the Memorial Day Weekend. Lovely surroundings but, unfortunately, bare bones accommodations. This was a family gathering and we were surprised of the total lack of amenities. This was a cabin in the woods but we expected more than a single bar of soap. No fridge, no tissues, no extra toilet paper, let alone a hair dryer. If you go, bring your own supplies and don't expect much. Unfortunately, in Catskill, NY there aren't many choices.

Room Tip: Choose a motel room and not a cabin
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Merrick, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

Right before Storm Sandy hit one of the last weekends that were nice in October we went up to Leeds and stayed at the Rip Van Winkle. As a kid I used to come up here with my family and then as my kids were little we used to come up and stay in the log cabins. This time we stayed in the motel rooms. They are not the most up-to-date but they are extremely clean and the shower worked fabulous. We only stayed for one night to get away and it is close enough to the Rip Van Winkle Bridge which we walked over and back. If you want a good breakfast you can go down the road to Bettys or there is a family restaurant (which for some reason I can't recall the name of it) but was rather good. Only down the road from the hotel. All in all I could see myself coming back in the future and I would love to stay in the cabins once again!

Room Tip: If you can stay in cabins! I loved this as a kid!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Long Island
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

Stayed here twice this year....once to go to a family funeral and a separate time afterwards. Place is very very clean. Colonial decor needs some updating. Sister stayed in cabin in back and it was so so old and smelled sooooooooooooo musty...but clean.
One evening we came out to car and it was scratched...man who worked there told me without asking his opinion that it didn't happen here....HOW do you know that sir? I asked him kindly that if anyone comes into office to say if they heard anything about car getting bumped to please let me know. At check out I asked him if anyone contacted him about hitting our car, His response to me was," I have no idea what you're talking about?" Really??? Cause I just spoke to you about it less then 24 hours ago??!!!??? Very strange response. Recently when I stayed there, we went to the office to see if they had a first aid kit because our 70 year old Pops had fallen on rocks chasing our 20 month old nephew. He scraped his face. When we went into office to ask for band aids, Lady working there said very rudely that she couldn't help us and that basicly it was his own fault for climbing on rocks. Plain, old nasty people! On that note, I won't be staying here again until Hell freezes over.

Room Tip: Do NOT stay in the "Faux" Log cabins or any cabin without bringing Lysol to spray...too mu...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Selden, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012 via mobile

This was such a cute get-a-way! The cabins are nestled around the property and has parking at each cabin. Cabins are outdated but extremely clean! each cabin has a deck with adirondack chairs. Great place to just relax. Bring a book and some wine to entertain yourself! Nice pool area with lots of chairs and a few tables with umbrellas. Not too far from quaint town with antique stores and a great store called mahalo. It has clothes and trinkets. Also a nice italian restaurant called la conca d'oto. Great food, atmosphere, and service. (Lighting is very dark though so bring reading glasses for the menu!) I would be very interested to see how it is in the colder months.

• Stayed August 2012
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

Yes but only in style plus a few 'regular' motel rooms. Perfectly maintained family business showing care and courtesy. There should be more motels like this one. Run in the true American style of comfort and grace.

• Stayed August 2012
Newburgh, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

Rooms were spotless and fresh. Stayed in the "blue spruce" cottage. The place is clean, cozy, and quiet. The only thing I don't like is that they are closed in the winter. Would have liked to have crashed there after going skiing at Windham

Room Tip: I'm sure they're all equally nice.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family

Been to Carl's Rip Van Winkle Motor Lodge? Share your experiences!