“The non-smoking room was clean and comfortable. The staff...” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Super 8 Latham/Albany, Troy Area

Save Saved
You added Super 8 Latham/Albany, Troy Area to your Saves list
Super 8 Latham/Albany, Troy Area
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   681 Troy Schenectady Road, I-87 Exit 6, Latham, NY 12110-2501   |
Special Offer
GM Special/Advance Reserv
Ranked #7 of 17 hotels in Latham

167 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Soke-on-Trent
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

As usual booked in advance to get the discount for my road trip. I had driven from Hyannis, MA, so a long day's drive through Vermont for the Fall foliage. Very nice young lady on reception, welcoming and check-in only took 5 minutes, credit card, photo ID, job done. Very nice room (315) loads of space, 2 massive double-beds, everything as you would expect, and clean. Wi-Fi was ace, I was getting 20 Meg download onto my laptop.Had a good night's sleep, then went to Denny's next door which has just opened in the old Friendly's building, very nice breakfast, then headed for Niagara Falls. Photos to follow.

Room Tip: Had room 315, very nice large room
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Super8LathamNY, Guest Relations Manager at Super 8 Latham/Albany, Troy Area, responded to this review, December 16, 2013
We thank you for your review and apologize that it took so long for us to respond. A drive through Vermont in October is truly beautiful. When you stay with us again you will be happy to know that if you show your room key at Denny's you receive a discount on your order. We look forward to you staying with us again.
Port Jefferson, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

The hotel is definitely dated, however the staff seems to be trying. The rooms were clean, with flat screen televisions. Not luxury, but acceptable. Breakfast was not strong. As john z said, the hotel is barely 50 feet from a busy road - by putting the fan up loud, we were able to block most of the street noise, but it is loud. Walls are also pretty thin. Next time I go I will request a room on the "quiet" side of the hotel. Unlike other writers, I found the staff very accomodating. It is what it is - I have stayed in Super 8's that were newer and nicer, but the price was more than fair for what I got.

Room Tip: You want a room on the side of the hotel away from the street.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Super8LathamNY, General Manager at Super 8 Latham/Albany, Troy Area, responded to this review, October 13, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank for reviewing our property. We have updated the facility over the past several years, and will continue to do so. Our goal is provide excellent service for a great price. We hope to see you in the future.

Thank you again for the Splendid review!

Take care
GM
Leeds, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

Clean, well presented, nice staff, quiet building - nothing much to complain about really. A perfectly adequate place for a night's sleep when you just need a rest after a long day on the highway. Would happily stay here again if passing through

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
We are glad you enjoyed your stay. We strive to give our guest a quiet and comfortable place to sleep whether it is just for one night or several. We hope to see you again soon.
Lansing, MI
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

Clearly the super 8 is an economy hotel and people who have expectations greater than this will be disappointed. I thought the room are area seemed safe enough for a single female traveling alone. The room itself was clean, and the soft furnishings were clean (a rare find in most economy hotels). The furniture and bedding is not luxurious, and that should not be expected. I found the bathroom to be clean and fully functional with nice fixtures. When I checked in the desk person seemed to be attentive and professional. I had a non-smoking room, and I thought it smelled like smoke- perhaps from a previous occupant or perhaps drifting in from another room. When I checked out the desk attendent asked how it was and I reported the smoke smell. He told me that the 2nd floor is non smoking that shouldn't have happened and left immediately to check it out (again attentive and professional). The breakfast area was teeny with maybe two tables and a meager selection of items (again- as expected for economy hotel and value price). I was here looking for a clean, safe, inexpensive hotel to spend the night before a very early flight and that is exactly what I got. Under the same circumstances, I'd stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear guest thank you for the excellent review !

We appreciate our guest feedback especially ones who enjoyed their stay.
The Super 8 in the Latham NY, strives to provide friendly service, along with a clean, comfortable, economically priced rooms. We provide a great stay with for a reasonable price.

We hope to see you again, you are a Super Guest !

GM

Been to Super 8 Latham/Albany, Troy Area? Share your experiences!