“Disappointing Anniversary dinner” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Late Night
Albany, New York, United States
“Disappointing Anniversary dinner”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

I know this is a family restaurant but... We were given a gift certificate and decided to go for our anniversary in March-probably waited upwards to an hour-hour and half. The seats were all mashed together where you basically had to ask someone at another table to move before you could get up. The family next to us had a screaming baby that they continued to ignore and chat (altho I wasn't sure how they could hear each other!)-the food was fair at best. Even as "free" dinner I was very disappointed! Needless to say we probably won't be returning.

Visited March 2012

Albany, New York
“Just another chain”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

I don’t usually eat at chain restaurants, but I had received a gift certificate for Carrabba’s. I called to make a reservation and the hostess replied with an edge, ‘We don’t take reservations’. They do something else (I’m still not sure what) instead. We arrived. The hostess was chewing gum and never looked up. ‘Put them in 37’, she said to the assistant. I have always felt that the attitude of the front door goes all the way back to the manager….If I had not had the gift certificate I would have probably passed Carrabba’s up.
The food was a disappointment. The veal was tough and tasted like a meatball. Red sauce was sparse and ordinary. Chicken Masala was also tough and the sauce did not have a Marsala taste. The potato coated haddock was very good, but at 1000 calories, a little rich.
Our waiter was very friendly and competent.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Vermont, United States
“Just Like Mama's Cooking”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

My wife and I were staying at a nearby motel to catch an early flight on a snowy evening. We asked the hotel clerk where to eat, and she recommended Carrabba's. Enjoyed the food and atmosphere very much. The ravioli and steak were great, and they make a great Oldfashion. Prices were average, and I'll come back again for dinner.

Visited November 2012
Penticton, Canada
“Was a loyal Carrabba's patron.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

I have been to many, many Carrabba's round the country - this national chain is very consistent in all aspects, which can be good... and bad. The flavors are wonderful, really they are, my favorites have been the Sirloin Marsala and Spagetti/meat sauce. Their bread is fantastic. However... I doubt I'll be returning to another.
Over the last few years I've noticed their portion sizes being cut by about 40% - while prices have increased. Also, $5 for a 10oz draft beer??? Are you kidding me? While I was having my supper, at the bar, many guests waiting for tables were getting drinks over my shoulders, they must have been regulars. When they ordered a Sam Adams, like I did, the bartenders charged them $3.75 for a 'Coors light' (I could see the computer screen and the bill left on the bar!) Yet somehow both of my beers were rang in 'correctly' at $5.10 each. That's an insult.

By 6pm the establishment was totally packed - which means that my opinion is probably in the minority - but for me the sit-down Carrabba's experience just isn't worth their almost outrageous (and inconsistent) pricing.

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Albany, New York
“Interesting menu”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

Service was great.
They made changes to the dish I choose to accomodate my taste.
Not your local family italian restaurant but
Definately, worth a visit.

Visited July 2012