“Ok. But not impressed” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Watervliet, New York
“Ok. But not impressed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

This restaurant was ok and I'd return again. Food was good. Wait staff was pleasant. Not much else to speak of. I had the Arctic Fish and chips, which was well prepared and crispy.

Visited April 2012

56% Recommend
upstate New York
“Seating as greasy as the food”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

Given, this is a chain restaurant designed for family eating, with balloons and kid-friendly meals--but someone has to clean up after all those messy kids! We've gone to a few Red Robins before--specifically with young relatives in tow--and I don't know if this was just a bad day in Latham, but the booth seats were greasy, the booster seat dirty and there was food under the table--all of which looked like it had been accumulating for a long time. I don't like to complain to the staff--instead, just crossed this place permanently off the list. Too bad, because there aren't many places in the area to bring kids for a no-fuss lunch or dinner. The menu is not even is the neighborhood of healthful, but once in a blue moon won't kill you. Management: you've got to steam the carpets and give the place a vigorous top-to-bottom scrub with a super-strong soap. Often.

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Albany, New York
“Noisey, family packed place”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

Not for a quiet dinner for two.
Burgers are freshly made.
Unlimited Fries/soda; do we really need unlimited fries?.
Place was packed with happy families, so if your into that
I think you'll enjoy Red Robin

Visited June 2012
Averill Park, New York
“Heart attack on a bun”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

Do you really need fried onion rings on every burger??? The crowd seems to like it, and appear to eat every meal there. If you like your arteries, don't do it!

Visited April 2012
NY
“Good food and great for families”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

We went here as a get together with friends before the holidays this past year. We were seated quickly and when the waiter was informed that I had a gluten allergy, he was very helpful in helping me find something to eat. It is rare that I can go to a burger place with my husband as he is a vegetarian and I have my food allergy.

However, we were very happy with the number of choices on the menu. And I was very excited to find out that they have a designated fryer for their fries so that I could actually eat them! As french fries are my favorite food, it is rare to find restaurants that do not cross contaminate their fryers with some kind of breading.

In this outing we had a group of 7 adults and one child, and there was plenty for the little one to do while the adults were talking. She had a place mat and crayons to color, and the waiter was quick to get her order in first so that she could have something to eat while the rest of our meals took longer.

Yes it was loud and a little crowded, but it was the holiday season and there were many families out and about. Still, we were able to carry on a conversation without too much trouble and we were happy with the special treat of burgers and fries for lunch.

• Visited December 2011