“Nice stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 17 hotels in Latham
Hoboken, NJ
“Nice stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

Stayed there for one night and found the property to be very neat and clean and the staff to be friendly. We did not take advantage of the free breakfast, but did stop down there for coffee in the AM, and there appeared to be a lot of food. My 8 year old neice loved the pool and hot tub. Would absolutely stay there again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Marilyn12110, Guest Relations Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Latham Albany Airport, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
On October 12th,I sent the following message to GoingPlaces618

October 12, 2012

Dear GoingPlaces618:

Thank you for ending my work week with a positive spin!!!! Your October 8th TripAdvisor Review regarding your recent stay at La Quinta Inn & Suites, Albany Report was very much appreciated

I would like to thank you personally for taking the time to compliment our hotel and staff. We truly appreciate your comments and particularly the comment that you would “ABSOLUTLELY stay at our hotel again”.

The next time you stay in our hotel, I would recommend that you take advantage of the “Bright Side” breakfast. My favorite breakfast food is the New York Golden Waffle. I am sure your niece would enjoy that as much as she did the pool and hot tub.

We will look forward to welcoming you and your niece at during your next stay at our La Quinta

Marilyn Seidner
Director – Guest Relations
518-785-6626, Ext. 174
mar@coccas.com

276 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Watervliet, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

I like to take my grandkids to this hotel once a year for "girls weekend out". The rooms are clean and well appointed. If I book well in advance, I can usually get the room we like. This inn has a pool and jacuzzi, which we all love. It also has a free breakfast consisting of bagels, french toast, a variety of hot and cold cereals, mini danish, coffee, hot coco, tea, apple and orange juice.

On the occassions which we didn't stay, they allowed us to use a pool for a minimim per person fee. I like that they allow the local community use the facility.

The desk managers are friendly and very likeable. The kitchen workers go out of their way to ensure a pleasant experience for the guests.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
On October 12th, I E-mailed the following response to "revkweli".

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

October 12, 2012

Dear revkweli:

Thank you for ending my work week with a positive spin!!!! Your October 2nd TripAdvisor Review regarding your “Girls” Night Out” at La Quinta Inn & Suites, Albany Report was very much appreciated
I would like to thank you personally for taking the time to compliment our hotel and staff. We truly appreciate your comments and particularly the comments pertaining to our staff. I will be sure to share your TripAdvisor Review with our entire La Quinta team, including the Owner.
We were pleased to read that you enjoyed our “Bright Side” breakfast. Did you have an opportunity to try the waffles? They are my best friend and my scales worse enemy.

We will look forward to welcoming you and your granddaughters at your next “Girls’ Night or sooner..

Marilyn Seidner
Director – Guest Relations
518-785-6626, Ext. 174
mar@coccas.com
NY
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

My husband and I stayed at La Quinta last night while visiting our son at RPI. We showed up without a reservation and was told there was one room left and given instructions to drive around the back, use back entrance and walk up two flights of stairs to our room #241. Thankfully we didn't have much luggage because there was no elevator around back. Immediately we noticed the worn and filthy carpeting going up the stairs but when we reached our floor the hall carpeting looked better. Upon opening our room we realized that the dim lighting didn't hide the fact that this carpet was filthy and worn too. The room with two double beds was small and dated. I felt compelled to turn back the comforter and remove sheets to check for bed bugs. This revealed no bed bugs, but a stained and dirty mattress and worse yet, the comforter had dried blood stains all over it! (see attached photos) We called front desk who all of a sudden had another room to offer us. We went back down to get the key, finding that there was indeed an elevator toward the front of the hotel and the new room was four down from the previous one. This room looked identical to the first room (same dirty carpeting and decor) but the comforter while worn, was clean. We stayed simply because it was too late to look elsewhere. The walls were so thin that the crying baby next door could be heard until 12:30 am when it finally stopped. Didn't realize the hotel was dog friendly either. We heard dogs barking and voices in the hall pretty much all night and early morning. The mattress was hard as a rock and the pillows (3 on each bed) were flat and uncomfortable. At 9 a.m. we decided to go down and at least sample the free breakfast. There were only a few tables to sit at and they were all taken. There was one hard, powdered donut on a tray that I assume held more at one time. There were frozen Dean's sausage and egg biscuits placed near a microwave. I noticed 2 bananas and a bowl of apples and a make your own waffle station. We ate nothing but did take coffee to go. There was no one behind the front counter and no staff present to ask if they would be replenishing the breakfast. We ended up eating at a very clean and nice Friendly's Restaurant a short distance from RPI for breakfast. My back and neck is still hurting as I write this from the bad mattress and pillow. We will never stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Durham, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

My husband and I stay at the LaQuinta for two nights(August 8,9.2012) the beds were fine room clean,did not like the coffee pot in the bathroom?could have found better area for it. Friends were with us(3 couples) and when we went down the next morning we found out that one of our friends fell in the bath tub we all talk about that and agreed that the bath tub was slippery and had no bath mat it was reported to staff and we were told that other guest had fallen in these tubs(have a curve in them).We had to be very careful for my husband had a hip repaired so we told him to be extra cautious when in the tub, my friend would not take a shower the next day for fear she would fall again and was bruised!!The next day my husband did fall in the tub it was so overwhelming I scream so loud that the cleaning staff were knocking on our door to see what happen? I open the door and told them what happen they ask if I need assistance and my husband was so upset and ask me to tell them that he was okay.I went to the front desk and reported this to the person that was there(part time retiree) he told me he would let the manager know of this(GIL SOUERY) We never heard from him and the flowing week or so?? a person by the name of NICKIE TREVER called to say that sorry to get back so late and that an accident report was filed!! as of today we have not had a call back my husband was indeed bruised on his back went to the doctor's had x rays needed physical therapy.also our other friend that fell never heard back either As a result of this we and our friends will not recommend LaQuinta we take this trip once a year to go to Saratoga Race track we will go elsewhere Thank You V.S.CT

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

I was disappointed by our stay here and the price we paid for it. We had stayed in a LaQuinta in Raleigh, NC and we absolutely loved it. But this time in Albany we had a few problems. When we checked in we were not given any direction about how to find our room or where to park. But we found it anyway.
When we got into our room there was a claim ticket on one of the beds and some plastic wrapper between the bed and end table. So I inspected the room more closely because i wasn't sure it was cleaned. However everything else seemed clean. There were no mattress covers though and that concerned me. The bedding, towels and bathroom were clean though.
I was not thrilled about having the coffee maker in the bathroom. I don't like to prep food or drink in the same place people defecate. So we did not use that at all.

We did not get much sleep because the toilet ran all night and the stairwell door kept slamming off and on. You can also hear the highway. We had a motor cycle scream through the parking lot at 1am. So we got almost no sleep. The beds weren't that comfortable either. The pool room was very clean and nice. The breakfast is great. Beyond that I wasn't happy I paid $104 for a night that I couldn't get any sleep because of noise.

I'm sure if you had a room that wasn't at the end of the hall it might be quieter. And if the toilet isn't running all night etc. But this really was disappointing compare to Raleigh.
I have given feedback to the manager so these things can be taken into consideration and hopefully improved. So I'd give them another chance.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

We stayed in this motel the night before a wedding; the location was perfect for our needs ...... on Route 9, close to the Northway and Route 7, with plenty of restaurants around to choose from. The people were friendly and welcoming and the breakfast what you would expect from a medium priced motel. We forget our swimsuits, but the pool looked clean and inviting. The room was clean, large with a sitting area, fridge and microwave and the bed was very comfortable. Towels were a bit thin and there was a leak around the sink tap which we reported on leaving and were assured would be repaired that day.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Latham Albany Airport? Share your experiences!