“Nice hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 17 Hotels in Latham
Baltimore, Maryland
“Nice hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

Not the newest of Hampton locations, but the hotel was clean, the check-in was extremely efficient, and the staff was friendly. Very close to airport and easy to get too. I'd stay again. Also this location had a nicer gym than most Hampton inns.

• Stayed November 2012
Amanda D, Public Relations Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Albany Airport, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Thank you for your review! I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to having you back again! We are in the process of remodeling the entire lobby, so when you return we'd love to hear your feedback!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

I was a bit stressed as I needed to find a place to stay asap and affordable due to my flight being cancelled.
After calling several places only to find out that the early morning shuttles did not exist at a lot of hotels. Many were out of my price range that did. This hotel offered shuttle service, a breakfast to go bag which I thought was nice for those that needed to leave early.

My sister had a later flight and said that the breakfast was VERY good, fresh fruit cut up, hot selections for breakfast and great coffee.

I would recommend this hotel for a short or long visit, staff was very nice and helpful. A big thank you to Justin for his (IN MY OPINION) striving to be above the standards for the position he holds.

I would absolutley stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Amanda D, Public Relations Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Albany Airport, responded to this review, October 21, 2012
Thank you for your wonderful review. We are always striving to be above the standard and I am so happy to hear Justin helped make your experience a positive one. We look forward to having you stay with us during your next trip!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012 via mobile

I had a quick one night trip to Albany, and this hotel was perfect for that. I was able to get a last minute reservation and also an early check in.
The hotel was clean and the front desk staff were very friendly. The hotel gym had free weights, so that made me happy.
I would definitely return to this hotel when I return to Albany

• Stayed October 2012
Thank you for such a positive review. We are so glad that you were happy with your stay and we look forward to your return!
Austin, Texas, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

This Hampton is obviously well managed. It was very clean, though not necessarily new. Staff was friendly. But what really stood out to me was the fitness room: had three cardio machines (two tread, one elliptical), free weights, exercise balls (large and medium-ish), a set of medicine balls, a scale, towels, and water cooler. They kept it very cool in there, too, compared to so many places. Breakfast was typical in variety, but well stocked and fresh. All in all, I highly recommend it -- and I don't do that lightly!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for all of the compliments! Our management team and entire staff work very hard to make sure all of our guests have a positive experience during their stay. We look forward to your return!!
Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

Room was still clean & quiet. We had a 1BR suite on the 4th floor. Heard little to no outside noise except the planes from the airport which is nearby. I thought the bed looked lumpy but my husband told me that it was just the comforter. The comforter was attached to the bedspread. Liked the adjustable thermostat and fan. The wallpaper, in one spot, was starting to peel in the bathroom area. The decor seemed a little dated but we were very comfortable. Hot oatmeal and hot eggs as well as pastries, waffle maker, cold cereal, juices, coffee, tea, etc on breakfast bar. Plus they do up a bag to go, if you need it. Cookies & popcorn in the afternoon & evening plus a free paper at the front desk, in the morning. It's a good location close to the Northway (US Rt 87) and the airport. Not far from either downtown Albany or Schenectady.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

I did two nights here in a suite (125, great room) for a wedding, and had a good stay. A few points:

1) Good, responsive service. Craig and Justin were both very helpful and responsive. I was impressed.

2) I liked my room a lot. Clean, spotless, modern, large. Large TV, easy to use. They lent me a DVD player, which was great.

3) Free and fast airport shuttle, very easy to use and a pleasure.

4) I wish I'd brought a bathing suit to swim. Others in my party liked the pool.

5) We were given free waters. This was a nice touch.

6) Internet was reliable and fast.

7) The breakfast was plain, and nice. Good oatmeal.
I'd stay here again in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: First floor suites are great. Room 125, in particular.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Loudonville, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

My husband and I stayed this past weekend and all I can say about this hotel is wonderful. you could not ask for a better. cleaner place to stay. The staff is friendly and extremely helpful. Our room was sparkling clean. I am very picky when it comes to where we stay and I was not disappointed. The pool and pool area was clean as well as the rest of the hotel. I would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Albany Airport? Share your experiences!