“ouch” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Latham Inn

Save Saved
You added Latham Inn to your Saves list
Latham Inn
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   622 Route 155, Watervliet Shaker Rd., Latham, NY 12110 (Formerly Econo Lodge)   |
Ranked #10 of 17 Hotels in Latham
Hartford, Connecticut
“ouch”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

No bugs, "new bedding" just mold with water damage under the air handler My room #B-124 non smoking pet double $70 bucks
Both gates A and B doors where broken allowing anyone to walk in from the parking lot! If the doors, locks and jams could talk they would be screaming This ground floor unit rear door had been entered by SWAT in the past, one deadbolt with six new finish nails holding on the molding, very glad there was a heavy chair nearby to prop against the door to keep out the elements, only one problem my hunting dog pointed it all night!
If you need the front desk dont call from the room phone no one answers between 130am-6am the cell service is great the tower is in the rear lot! I felt like a giant in the shower and on the throne! the chalked back splashes, holes in the walls poor ceiling paint and broken clock where off set only by the seven led bulbs, new microwave,clean frig and working TV from the 80's At check out the 8 year old desk clerk greeted me with a smile and bill 1-18-2013

Room Tip: Aim for the second floor drunks dont like to climb
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Buffalo, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

I checked in at around 1:30 am, and the manager was still in such a great mood. We had room 216, and it was very clean, the sheets and towels smelled fresh, and the water pressure was awesome. The room even included a microwave and fridge. The nice part was that I only paid 63 including tax for the room after booking it on priceline. Where can you get a room this cheap and still have a microwave and fridge? It's not fancy and it doesn't have a pool, but you get great amenities for a great price. I just wanted somewhere cheap to spend the night and it was perfect.

Room Tip: We picked a non-smoking room and it worked out great.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
connecticut
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

I booked this hotel because we were checking in at 11PM and checking out by 7AM the next morning. So I figured, how bad could it be? I mean, it's a national chain.... they have standards..don't they? Obviously not. This place is dirty, disgusting and desolate. Rooms do NOT have security latches on the doors and amenities are zero. Anyone who has given this anything above a "poor" rating is either friends of the owner or absolutely has no idea what an acceptable hotel is like.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Wallingford, Connecticut, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

Econolodge should be ashamed to have this motel under its name. It should be closed down for its lack of everything. Our reservation was lost and questioned about price. We would to have paid double if I DID NOT HAVE CONFIRMATION ON MY IPHONE EMAIL. As we went to enter the building to go to our room, the back security door did not close never mind lock. It was all jimmied and dented like it was broken into. The hallway to our room was musty smelling and dirty walls. Room was clean, beds were comfortable - only positive things to say. Carpet seemed wet and old Wallpaper pasted over old paper. Tv and remote not programmed. Needed staff to reset each time turned off. Front door was locked and chair in front if it so not to use, No kleenex. Wall plugs pulled out in bathroom so only one light would work. Bathroom done over so there was one one sink when originally there was two in the outer room of bathroom and counter put over it and no mirror. Tight fit in the inner Bathroom. And the best is that the management called to tell us Checkout was 11;00 because we were wtill there at 11;05 putting our bags in car. Please do not stay here. not worth any cheap price
l

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Mendon, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012 via mobile

This is now the Latham Inn. The rooms are standard Econo Lodge size with 1 vanity/sink outside the bath and another inside. The shower pressure was great with plenty of hit water. The beds were bug free and clean. There is a continental breakfast. Other than that the place needs updatinga. The stairs need a good cleaning and paint needs freshening. The picture doesn't show how it is today.
Philly's Bar & Grill is at the front of the property that looks like its under renovations. The bar draws a full house with live music that, with the AC on, we didn't hear.

• Stayed June 2012
rhode island
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2011

a group of 10 stayed here for the 2nd year in a row. we were able to check in early and head to the track just like last year. i had room 115 which i had no problems with at all. we were all adults who stayed here(if you have have children with you and you think you have higher standards than me dont be so cheap and go stay in a place that that has a pool)we all went to phillys every night as it is right in front of this hotel. as was the case last year the food was great, they had entertainment,an outdoor and indoor bar with great bartenders and we met some great people who you will enjoy meeting(hi bob). all in all another great time of going to the races at saratoga

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2011

I wish I had read the reviews for this hotel before I booked my stay. The negative reviews were right and the men who thought it was ok for a guy's weekend have lower standards than my family. I knew I would arrive late, so I called to let them know. When I arrived at the hotel, there was a note on the door to call a phone #. Granted nearly everyone has cell phones, but what if I didn't or if mine was dead? The women who checked me in were pleasant, but the front desk and the exterior of the building is run down. We checked in, went to our room and as we walked to the hall to get to our room, I became more and more apprehensive. The room was outdated and while maybe it had once been cleaned, it certainly did not seem fresh or clean feeling. The bathroom floor was disgusting. The tub had cracks in it with black lines which I assume were mold though I didn't get close enough to check. I knew none of us would be showering in it. Thankfully, I had my laptop and found another hotel (Microtel on Rt 155 behind the Mobil station) through trip advisor that fortunately had a room available for me and my two children and gave me a good rate. Please do yourself a favor and don't even bother with this place. I emailed a complaint to the corporate office and received a reply from the hotel that they would give me 25% off on my next visit. Seriously?? Like I should ever even consider going back? I wish I could rate everything zero, but the website won't let me:(

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family

Been to Latham Inn? Share your experiences!