“If you're looking for a clean bed without much else, the rooms are a good value.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Latham Inn

Save Saved
You added Latham Inn to your Saves list
and 1 more site!
Latham Inn
622 Route 155, Watervliet Shaker Rd., Latham, NY 12110 (Formerly Econo Lodge)   |
Ranked #12 of 17 hotels in Latham
Mendon, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012 via mobile

This is now the Latham Inn. The rooms are standard Econo Lodge size with 1 vanity/sink outside the bath and another inside. The shower pressure was great with plenty of hit water. The beds were bug free and clean. There is a continental breakfast. Other than that the place needs updatinga. The stairs need a good cleaning and paint needs freshening. The picture doesn't show how it is today.
Philly's Bar & Grill is at the front of the property that looks like its under renovations. The bar draws a full house with live music that, with the AC on, we didn't hear.

• Stayed June 2012

23 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
rhode island
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2011

a group of 10 stayed here for the 2nd year in a row. we were able to check in early and head to the track just like last year. i had room 115 which i had no problems with at all. we were all adults who stayed here(if you have have children with you and you think you have higher standards than me dont be so cheap and go stay in a place that that has a pool)we all went to phillys every night as it is right in front of this hotel. as was the case last year the food was great, they had entertainment,an outdoor and indoor bar with great bartenders and we met some great people who you will enjoy meeting(hi bob). all in all another great time of going to the races at saratoga

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2011

I wish I had read the reviews for this hotel before I booked my stay. The negative reviews were right and the men who thought it was ok for a guy's weekend have lower standards than my family. I knew I would arrive late, so I called to let them know. When I arrived at the hotel, there was a note on the door to call a phone #. Granted nearly everyone has cell phones, but what if I didn't or if mine was dead? The women who checked me in were pleasant, but the front desk and the exterior of the building is run down. We checked in, went to our room and as we walked to the hall to get to our room, I became more and more apprehensive. The room was outdated and while maybe it had once been cleaned, it certainly did not seem fresh or clean feeling. The bathroom floor was disgusting. The tub had cracks in it with black lines which I assume were mold though I didn't get close enough to check. I knew none of us would be showering in it. Thankfully, I had my laptop and found another hotel (Microtel on Rt 155 behind the Mobil station) through trip advisor that fortunately had a room available for me and my two children and gave me a good rate. Please do yourself a favor and don't even bother with this place. I emailed a complaint to the corporate office and received a reply from the hotel that they would give me 25% off on my next visit. Seriously?? Like I should ever even consider going back? I wish I could rate everything zero, but the website won't let me:(

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Albany, NY
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2010

When I woke up in the morning I was pleasantly surprised to discover I hadn't been overrun by rodents during the night. Enough said.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
Southampton, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2010

Remember, this is an Econo Lodge, not the Ritz. Keeping that in mind, everything about this place was fine. Check-in was quick and pleasant. My TV didn't work, but was quickly replaced. Things were aged and worn, but clean and (besides the original TV) in good working order.

The buffet breakfast was lame, but if anyone really looks forward to one of these you're fooling yourself. It's good for coffee and juice, that's all.

Conveniently close to the interstate. Not noisy outside.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
MA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2010

Pluses - Room, bathroom and beds/bedding were clean but not what I'd call "fresh" clean. Mattress was great and sleeping was no problem. The area is quiet, the motel was quiet my two nights (Thurs & Fri) and the A/C was very quiet. Motel is set way back from a road which isn't busy overnight. It's behind what seems to be a popular (packed parking lot both nights) bar and grille. The bar isn't noisy though. Didn't hear any music or noise as I drove by the side of it and no one was outside. Appears to be a new condo development behind the motel.

Minuses - The room rug seemed thick but damp everywhere. The first room I was assigned had an overpowering chemical odor. Kinda smelled like a high concentration of a mix of pine sol and lysol. Manager quickly gave me a new room. Same chemical odor in that one too but no where near as potent. Clock radio didn't work and the tub drained very slowly. The locks on the outside doors to the parking lot didn't work. Room doors were OK.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo
rhode island
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2010

stayed here for a weekend at the saratoga race track with friends. we were allowed to check in early at no charge (800 am) which was great as we could not get in till 1030 at the race track. i had a king bed room with a microwave, small fridge, tv, small table with two chairs and a decent size bathroom area. i brought an airfreshener with me which was a good idea. room was cleaned every day. you are 2 mins to the highway so it is a great location if you are heading to the track. there is a sports bar in the parking lot called phillys which has great food(takes a little while to get) nice bartenders, good sized outdoor area and entertainment at night. all in all for what you pay to stay here, if your expectations are not i want 5 star at 2 star prices then this place will be fine for you.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends

Been to Latham Inn? Share your experiences!