“Good Food, Nice Atmosphere” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #35 of 120 Restaurants in Latham
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Scarboroughs Restaurant & Tavern is a casual dining restaurant located in Latham, NY. We specialize in American fare and feature many great burgers, sandwiches, salads, dinners, and house specialities derived form areas around the country. We are open 7 days a week, serving both lunch and dinner and we feature a full bar.
Latham, New York
“Good Food, Nice Atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

I've been to Scarborough's a few times for lunch and dinner and had a nice experience with meal. The most recent visit was at lunchtime with two of my co-workers. We were seated in the dining room as soon as we arrived. Drinks were delivered promptly and our orders taken soon thereafter (we needed some time to decide as there were many choices that looked good). Two salads were ordered and a burger and everyone at the table was very content with their food. Good-sized portions, too. The server wasn't overly friendly, but competent enough. I was given a gift certificate and so will definitely be back with the family next time around. I'm happy to recommend it!

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

New Rochelle, New York, United States
“Good bar to meet friends”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2014

Grabbed an after dinner drink here and liked the bar. It's a good space and wish I tried out the food. Will remember to check this place out next time.

Rochester, New York
“A Perfect Saturday Birthday Lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2014

We have eaten here a few times -- and it still feels special. Usually in warm weather we enjoy the awesome deck. But thanks to the long cold winter, the deck wasn't open for my husband's birthday luncheon with family from the area. Guests ranged from 10 to 71. Orders ranged from burgers to salads to my fabulous tilapia sandwich. The atmosphere was pubby with antiques galore. The waiter maintained a bright demeanor throughout. Because it was Holy Saturday, the lunch-time crowd arrived slowly. But a good time was had by all. Or as my husband's cousin remarked on the way out, "It's always good here."

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Galway, New York
“1/2 lb burger was less than a 1/4 lb burger!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

Went to Scarboroughs for Lunch - I had the reuben which was very good.
We started with wings - which were good - my husband had the 1/2 lb. burger which was so small - less than a 1/4 lb burger - for the price it was not worth it - service was a little slow - not many people there. I have had salads there before and always good - Just don't order burgers!!

• 2 of 5 stars Food
Albany, New York
“Careful how you order your burger”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2014

I ate here one time with many people for a work function. Service was a bit slow, even though it wasn't packed when we went. I asked for my burger to be cooked medium rare but when I got it, it was dark on the outside and still soft, raw meat on the inside. The meat hadn't even solidified. I spit my first bite out and lost my appetite. I told the waiter and he offered to cook it again, but at that point I wasn't going to eat more. Although I am sure other people seemed to have an okay time and no one else had issues, I probably won't go back.

• Visited June 2013