“Great Wait Staff!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 17 hotels in Latham
Rochester, New York, United States
“Great Wait Staff!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

I was impressed with the presentation and staff at the Clarion Hotel. I was staying their for a business trip and they made me feel right at home. The breakfast was a good qaulity, got to enjoy Starbucks coffee but the wait staff really made it a great experience. The room was a business suite so it was above my expectations. The bed a more importantly the pillows were very comfortable, got a great night sleep.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are in a good location.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

155 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Brossard, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

Very comfortable beds and good quality linen help rest after long drive. Rooms are clean and well maintained despite obvious signs of age of the hotel. Front desk staff friendly and helpful. If there is one thing to improve it is the unpleasant smell in the passage from the hotel to the restaurant. We returned through outside.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Austin/San Antonio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

I was pleasantly suprised. This is an older hotel, but it has been renovated with all modern conveniences. Spent a week at a nearby large chain hotel, and coming here was a very relaxing experience. The wireless worked flawlessly and my room was very quiet. Good hot breakfast. I would definitely stay here again. Also, it's only about 5 minutes from the Albany airport. The only negative was that the exterior door to the hallways did not seem very secure (ok, it was always unlocked from what I could see). I did not feel this was that important, and felt safe at all hours of the night or day at this location. A colleague stayed in one of the "apartment" rooms, and although it was a bit more $$, it was very large, with two baths and a fully furnished kitchen.

Room Tip: Ground level rooms have easy access from the parking lot, no stairs required.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Bethany K, Manager at Clarion Hotel at the Century House, responded to this review, September 20, 2012
Thank you for staying at our hotel. We are glad you enjoyed your stay.
We appreciate you taking the time to post and share your experience with otherson Trip Advisor.
If you are in the area and again entrust us with your stay, I'm confident you will find not only new French doors at each entry, but new electronic locks. In the apartments you will find new granite kitchens and in the guest rooms and suirtes you will also find new granite vanities and remodled bathrooms!
Did you know your stay helped someone in need? For every hotel room we host or meal we serve, we provide a meal to the Regional Food Bank. Since June 2009 we have provided over 310,000 meals to those in need in our community through guests like yourself!
So thank you for choosing The Century House and helping us help others!
We look forward to the opportunity to serve you again i
Great Falls, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

Hotel front desk service was friendly, helpful and professional. This was our third trip to Latham and enjoyed our stay because of the location and the front desk personnel and the breakfast room servers. Daniella and Kizzy of the breakfast room were outstanding in their service to hotel guests; they were efficient, cheerful and helpful The quality of the room assigned to us this year was just average, however: there was black mole in the shower wall; the bedside nightstand lamp did not work properly, and one of the bed was well worn. The room should have a refrigerator.

That said, the overall all experience of our stay was very good.Thank you for the opportunity to offer our comments.

Ted and Lyn,
Great Falls, VA

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Mississauga, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

I really enjoyed staying for one night while attending a baseball tournament in Troy. Wish I had another day or two to spend there. It was quiet, had nice grounds, nice outdoor pool to lounge around and my husband and I really enjoyed the breakfast. Great coffee and good variety of food. We found the beds comfortable. Yes, the decor was a little outdated, but tasteful and it is the "Century" house after all. This hotel had more of a resort feel to me than a hotel feel, which was nice. I would definitely stay here again if returning to the Latham area. Very convenient to the highway and an easy drive to Troy. Cross Gate Mall was good for shopping.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Guilderland, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

Everything from beginning to end was great. I had my wedding/reception there and they made me feel like a queen. Kizzy was terrific. Anything I needed, she was on top of before I even asked! I would highly recommend without reservation!! Can't wait to go back!!!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

I stayed here on a recent business trip and felt very mixed regarding my experience. I will focus on the positive first. My room was clean, the bed was comfortable and the hotel staff were friendly. I received a good rate since we were with a group.

I would not refer to this hotel as being similiar to a New England Bed and Breakfast. The furniture, carpet and decor appeared dated and worn. It reminded me of my parent's bedroom in the early 80's. The breakfast was mediocre at best.

My concerns came from our dining experience at the hotel restaurant and use of the conference rooms. Our group was misled and advised that we could order anything off the full menu and in exchange we would get complimentary use of the conference room. The menu that was given to us was very limited and quite pricey starting at $35 per entree. The waiters would ask what you preferred for your starter and when asked by a customer if it was a part of your meal they received an evasive answer from the waiter. This left me with a poor impression of the establishment overall, unfortunately.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business

Been to Clarion Hotel at the Century House? Share your experiences!