“Very relaxing stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 17 Hotels in Latham
Mississauga, Canada
“Very relaxing stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

I really enjoyed staying for one night while attending a baseball tournament in Troy. Wish I had another day or two to spend there. It was quiet, had nice grounds, nice outdoor pool to lounge around and my husband and I really enjoyed the breakfast. Great coffee and good variety of food. We found the beds comfortable. Yes, the decor was a little outdated, but tasteful and it is the "Century" house after all. This hotel had more of a resort feel to me than a hotel feel, which was nice. I would definitely stay here again if returning to the Latham area. Very convenient to the highway and an easy drive to Troy. Cross Gate Mall was good for shopping.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Guilderland, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

Everything from beginning to end was great. I had my wedding/reception there and they made me feel like a queen. Kizzy was terrific. Anything I needed, she was on top of before I even asked! I would highly recommend without reservation!! Can't wait to go back!!!!

New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

I stayed here on a recent business trip and felt very mixed regarding my experience. I will focus on the positive first. My room was clean, the bed was comfortable and the hotel staff were friendly. I received a good rate since we were with a group.

I would not refer to this hotel as being similiar to a New England Bed and Breakfast. The furniture, carpet and decor appeared dated and worn. It reminded me of my parent's bedroom in the early 80's. The breakfast was mediocre at best.

My concerns came from our dining experience at the hotel restaurant and use of the conference rooms. Our group was misled and advised that we could order anything off the full menu and in exchange we would get complimentary use of the conference room. The menu that was given to us was very limited and quite pricey starting at $35 per entree. The waiters would ask what you preferred for your starter and when asked by a customer if it was a part of your meal they received an evasive answer from the waiter. This left me with a poor impression of the establishment overall, unfortunately.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Fort Lee, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

Nice room on the ground floor making dog walking easy and a half mile nature trail made it pleasant. The room was clean, well furnished ,with a really comfortable bed. The staff were friendly, helpful and accomodated us when it came to cleaning, so I could be out of the room with my dog when they were in it.Breakfast was good, coffee far superior to any inexpensive hotel I've stayed in. The pool area, relaxing and unlike the other chain hotels in the area has both an upscale restaurant and more casual bar and is set back away from the main road making it quiet and giving it a more "in the country" feeling. When it came to my dog I really felt that she was wanted, not tolerated there and recommend it to people traveling with their pets or just visiting the area and need someplace reasonably priced and pleasant to stay.

Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012 via mobile

Very clean. Beds were a little soft. We stayed overnight with our Dog and the staff was very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed July 2012
melrose,ma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

We stayed here on a Thursday night while checking out the Erie Canal Locks in Waterford. The staff is extremely friendly; our room was very comfortable. The breakfast room was large and the choices were terrific. The hotel is located behind the restaurant and down a hill so none of the traffic from US 9 can be heard. Would definitely stay here again.

Babylon, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

We loved our stay and would definitely be back! We checked in very late after a concert and the desk person was super friendly. He even found a cot for an unexpected third guest. The beds were very comfortable and the room was very clean. In the morning, the breakfast was amazing!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Clarion Hotel at the Century House? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Clarion Hotel at the Century House

Address: 997 New Loudon Road, (Route 9), Latham, NY 12110
Location: United States > New York > Latham
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( Wi-Fi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
#3 Business Hotel in Latham
#3 Romantic Hotel in Latham
Hotel Class:3 star — Clarion Hotel at the Century House 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Choice Hotels, Priceline, Tingo, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Venere and Otel so you can book your Clarion Hotel at the Century House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Clarion Latham
Clarion Hotel The Century
Latham Clarion

If you own or manage Clarion Hotel at the Century House, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.

;