“Awesome Experience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Century House, an Ascend Collection Hotel

You added The Century House, an Ascend Collection Hotel to your Saves list
The Century House, an Ascend Collection Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   997 New Loudon Road, (Route 9), Latham, NY 12110 (Formerly Clarion Hotel at the Century House)   |
Ranked #3 of 17 Hotels in Latham
Guilderland, New York
“Awesome Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

Everything from beginning to end was great. I had my wedding/reception there and they made me feel like a queen. Kizzy was terrific. Anything I needed, she was on top of before I even asked! I would highly recommend without reservation!! Can't wait to go back!!!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

I stayed here on a recent business trip and felt very mixed regarding my experience. I will focus on the positive first. My room was clean, the bed was comfortable and the hotel staff were friendly. I received a good rate since we were with a group.

I would not refer to this hotel as being similiar to a New England Bed and Breakfast. The furniture, carpet and decor appeared dated and worn. It reminded me of my parent's bedroom in the early 80's. The breakfast was mediocre at best.

My concerns came from our dining experience at the hotel restaurant and use of the conference rooms. Our group was misled and advised that we could order anything off the full menu and in exchange we would get complimentary use of the conference room. The menu that was given to us was very limited and quite pricey starting at $35 per entree. The waiters would ask what you preferred for your starter and when asked by a customer if it was a part of your meal they received an evasive answer from the waiter. This left me with a poor impression of the establishment overall, unfortunately.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Fort Lee, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

Nice room on the ground floor making dog walking easy and a half mile nature trail made it pleasant. The room was clean, well furnished ,with a really comfortable bed. The staff were friendly, helpful and accomodated us when it came to cleaning, so I could be out of the room with my dog when they were in it.Breakfast was good, coffee far superior to any inexpensive hotel I've stayed in. The pool area, relaxing and unlike the other chain hotels in the area has both an upscale restaurant and more casual bar and is set back away from the main road making it quiet and giving it a more "in the country" feeling. When it came to my dog I really felt that she was wanted, not tolerated there and recommend it to people traveling with their pets or just visiting the area and need someplace reasonably priced and pleasant to stay.

Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012 via mobile

Very clean. Beds were a little soft. We stayed overnight with our Dog and the staff was very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed July 2012
melrose,ma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

We stayed here on a Thursday night while checking out the Erie Canal Locks in Waterford. The staff is extremely friendly; our room was very comfortable. The breakfast room was large and the choices were terrific. The hotel is located behind the restaurant and down a hill so none of the traffic from US 9 can be heard. Would definitely stay here again.

Babylon, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

We loved our stay and would definitely be back! We checked in very late after a concert and the desk person was super friendly. He even found a cot for an unexpected third guest. The beds were very comfortable and the room was very clean. In the morning, the breakfast was amazing!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012

We had to be in town for a memorial service and booked this hotel. We brought our 9 month old puppy with us. The staff was wonderful. The room was very comfortable and clean. Great bed, great wireless, just ok tv reception. Lovely pool area where we were allowed to bring the dog to sit under the trees while we swam and ordered drinks poolside. We desperately needed the relaxation while going through the loss of someone we loved very much so we are grateful for all that Century House did to make our stay a comfortable one. The breakfast is also terrific -- generous, varied and delicious. It was the first time I ever had scrambled eggs from a steam table that didn't taste like pebbles or dried egg foam -- they were buttery, creamy and delicious!
We will definitely stay here again the next time we are in the area.

Room Tip: I am allergic to animals so my dog is one of those hypo-allergenic types. The price I pay for a pet...