“I hoped the reviews were wrong, but found out how bad this motel is. Hotwire should have known this.” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Cocca's Route 7 Airport

You added Cocca's Route 7 Airport to your Saves list
Cocca's Route 7 Airport
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   979 Troy Schenectady Rd, Exit 6, I-87, Latham, NY 12110   |
Ranked #16 of 17 Hotels in Latham
New York, NY
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

Booked through Hotwire, and once the confirmed property came through, tried to get it reversed (after reading the reviews), and Hotwire refused, saying I would need to contact them once onsite. Rolled up to the "motel" at 11:00 PM with wife and two small kids - went into the DISGUSTING lobby, and was told there were no non-smoking rooms, so I asked to at least see a room - BAD, BAD, BAD, reeked horribly, unfit for staying. Was luckily able to find another hotel, but then stayed on hold until almost 1 am getting the charge refunded from Hotwire (a special ONE TIME refund - I will never use Hotwire again - this hotel shattered my trust in their rating standards). Really sketchy place. In any event, most travellers here would not seek this property out to book, as it is off the beaten path, rundown, and not a place where an informed traveller would stay - HOTWIRE should be ashamed for offering this property - period. This is a flophouse.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Couples
Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Binghamton, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

I had the EXACT same experience as the review by "Not_the_happiest_guy". I booked through hotwire and got a "hot deal" or whatever for around $70 which was probably about $30 too much for the place without a 'discount'. It said 2 1/2 stars which I already wasn't expecting luxury or anything just a nice clean place to stay overnight. When I got there I tried to keep an open mind. The lady at the front desk, Joy I believe was her name, was nice and tried to accommodate me with no success. I just couldn't stay there, the floors and chairs were filthy, I was afraid to inspect the bed, the shower curtains were grimy and no amount of scrubbing would have cleaned the tub enough for me to use it. Overall I had an uneasy, skeevy feeling about the place, I couldn't even bring myself to sit on anything. I also had trouble with the room locks, and I think I was put in an adjoining room which made me uneasy on whole other level being that I already didn't trust the locks and such. Oh and it had a old musty kinda smell, or even worse old cigarette smell in the smoking rooms (which was one of the ones I was offered when I said I couldn't say there). It had the general feeling of a place to rent by the hour not the night, and as a woman travelling alone I was uncomfortable with feeling I got there (and I am not one to be freaked out like that). Also the only "amenity" there is is the bar/grill which also looked shady. There is no pool, lobby, continental breakfast, gym, whatever nothing what-so-ever.

For the price I was expecting more of a comfort inn type of environment which was counted in their examples of a 2.5 star hotel, this is more like a 1 star. I ended up going back to the hotel where I was attending a conference at and getting a room for $100 for the night, well worth the $30 upgrade to stay at a hilton garden inn.

If you have a choice save yourself the trouble and do not stay here. The only good thing I have to say was that the lady tried to help and hotwire was nice about my complaint. I will book with hotwire again since I had good experiences in the past but never for anything less than 3-3.5 stars for a good price...too much of a bargain risk to go lower when you don't know what you are getting into.

Room Tip: Walk...no RUN away!!!!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Marilyn12110, Guest Relations Manager at Cocca's Route 7 Airport, responded to this review, June 15, 2012
We sent "Imaginadia" an E-mail, apologizing for this disappointing stay at our Cocca's Inn & Suites, Route 7. We explained that the Route 7 location was mainly for Contractors and that we kept our rates low in order to avoid the guest's high expectations.

We asked "Imaginadia" to contact us so we could communicate personally.
NY
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012

Booked through Hotwire. Said 2 1/2 stars. Try again. This place is a fleabag dump motel. Get there. No one at the front desk (such as it is). No lobby. Disgusting bar in the middle. Room lock doesn't work. Pretty disgusting. Room wasn't as bad as the rest of the place but hardly could be called nice.

If you're going to go there, crash the night and then leave then probably ok otherwise look elsewhere

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business

Been to Cocca's Route 7 Airport? Share your experiences!