“Mold, stained rug, hair clogged drain...” 1 of 5 stars

Albany Airport Hotel
946 New Loudon Road, Latham, NY 12110 (Formerly Ramada Latham)   |
Ranked #14 of 17 hotels in Latham
Woodstock, Vermont
“Mold, stained rug, hair clogged drain...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

Need I say more? We arrived here after a concert in Saratoga. There was a dead bug in the tub along with long, dark hairs (like someone bathed their dog). The shower drain was clogged with hair so you were standing in 4 inches of water when you showered. There was mold all over the bathroom, the rug was extremely dirty (so dirty we opted to never take off our shoes), the remote for the tv didn't work, the bed spreads were dirty, and the sink was clogged.

Apparently between booking the hotel and arriving, it is no longer a Ramada. Their remedy? Just black out the Ramada sign and have no sign whatsoever. We were lost for over an hour trying to find the hotel. We called over 10 times and no one answered. When we finally arrived, there were two staff members sitting in the lobby chatting, ignoring the phones. All three times we entered the lobby, the staff members were chatting or reading and ignoring their duties. There was no internet and when we asked a staff member she said, "most people just turn on their computers and sign on. I've never had any complaints"

We were in a situation where all hotels within 50 miles were booked due to a Phish concert and we had no where else to stay. We would have gladly paid for another hotel room, but it wasn't an option. Had to stay at this place and wanted to cry.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

14 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Albany, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012

Their weekly rates are unbeatable if you are relocating and stuck for a few weeks. Yes there are long term residents, but that's part of the experience, they are mainly seasonal workers, etc..I had a nice big king bed, very clean and comfortable ( I always strip the sheets to check) my bathroom was clean, no mold , working tv, even a nice view of the sunset over the mountain. Seriously the negative reviews are funny, are you expecting a 5 star place? I have stayed in many, many hotels that were twice the price and definitely a lot worse. The staff was very accommodating in finding a room, a few glitches with keys not working, but it was sorted out after I stopped putting it near my credit cards..

Room Tip: Ask for and odd numbered room, it faces out , not towards the courtyard.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Albany, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2011

I made a reservation at the last min when i came to the front the front desk was nice but after the check inn it was all down hill from there i asked for a king smoking went to the room was no ash tray in the room called the front desk and was told use a cup then there were no down cover on the bed and no wash cloths inn the room so the front desk guy to me to change rooms so i did once in the new room even worse hair in the tube and no wash cloths in the new room so he told me to come back to the front desk to get wash cloths once at the desk again he told me he has to give me bath towels to wash omg and after all of that the housekeeper is knocking on my room door at 9 am i went to the door and she asks me do i need anything i said i thought checkout is at 11 and she got pissed off with me cuz i told here that PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE STAFY FAR FAR AWAY

Room Tip: go to holiday inn up the street
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
clifton, va
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2011

I think I would opt to camp before staying at this Ramada again. We were there last week for 2 nights while attending a family funeral in Troy. We had to book last minute so a lot of our first choices were already sold out and we were not looking to spend a ton of money with this being an unexpected trip. We found this Ramada online. We had low expectations going in due to the price of the room but even with low expectations we were not prepared for what we got. This place is old, run down, filthy dirty, trash everywhere, cobwebs hanging from ceiling in room, broken furniture, burnt out light bulbs, sopping wet carpet by the sink, and very dusty. It felt like a step above a homeless shelter. Looked like many people were living there on a regular basis- kind of sad. A few rooms had grills out in front of the room. I killed a cockroach in the bathroom in the a.m.. The dumpster right in front of the rooms was overflowing, looked like it had not been emptied in several weeks. I was there with other family members, we had 4 rooms total and everybody's room was terrible. We did not feel safe at this place either, my sister and I were ready to share a room even though we had pre-paid for our own rooms we felt that unsafe. Both of my sisters were certain they saw a rat running across the lobby floor at different times! Ramada should be ashamed to have their name attached to this place. Even if you think you can "handle anything for just one night" go somewhere else. This is an unbearable place to stay.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Barrington, RI
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2011

I have never stayed in a more filthy hotel. I should have checked out upon checking in. When my daughter and I arrived it was late, she wanted to leave but for some reason I didn't. There was caution tape outside our room. The bathroom had mold all over it. In the morning I noticed a hanger that had cobwebs that had been there awhile. Bugs. Walking back to the lobby the next morning to check out, you could see the concrete from the upper walkways had fallen and was missing in sections. The little area where brochures are kept had been vacuumed or swept in ages. Trash everywhere. The pool was green. When my sister had to leave earlier in the morning, with her daughter to go to the airport, she decided not to come back, as she didn't even want to sit in the lobby. Her daughter couldn't find her shoes, and looked under their bed, there was trash, bottles,cans, underneath. I have never stayed in a more filthy hotel. One night was one night too many. Beware!!! Wish I wold have had a camera with me!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2011 via mobile

Stayed here for just one night . Girl at desk was very helpful and polite. Was always greeted with a smile. Not the best ramada but serves it's purpose, gives you a nice comfortable bed and a bathroom at a reasonable rate. Very close to everything you need. Serves a decent cold breakfast enough to get your day going. Would stay here again

• Stayed July 2011
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2011 via mobile

Lock on door was broken for the week I stayed there and they had no intention of fixing it! So when i left anyone could just walk in.Scuzzy, seemed like a pay by the hour motel,looks like a crack den. Falling apart too , they should be embarrassed

• Stayed August 2011

Been to Albany Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!